-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
Get away there's no way you'd let the polish clean your car I've gota say there aren't many swirl marks on the car I have stone chips instead to compensate, where they are on the wings, doors bonnet and well the front bumper looks like it's got scabs. Although a new front bumper will fix that. Update: took her out for a warm up and de-ice although my hose is still frozen but then it is -2 outside so I'm not surprised it's still frozen. -
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
no personal buffing here please!! I could hand wash the car although there's two weeks of grime and about 500 miles of road grime. I'm in the habit now of not touching the car with my mitt until I've snow foamed and jet washed. Hence my car didn't get selected for the swirl test I might wait till later this afternoon to see if the sun melts the ice!! -
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
Well what a disappointment..... My hose is frozen, the pressure washer is frozen and so am I. I was hoping to use my DA and new polishing goodies only to be let down by the freezing temperatures. My car is covered in salt and I don't want to hand wash it as I've got the snow foam. Oh well might as well play GT5 and stay warm on the sofa!!! -
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
I have finally managed to get the photos on photobucket. There are only a few only because we were concentrating on the state of the swirls on Darrens car The morning before the drive SNOW Who's driving into the warehouse for a light tunnel check? Looks like goodies are being lifted whilst the maguiars boys aren't looking Dirty car Manual and mechanical prep! With the naked eye the swirls are painful.... Finished product nice and shinny and 95% of the light tunnel swirls are gone. In daylight it's PERFECT!! -
Ah someone at least took a picture of the gang. I was going to get a pic but got sidetracked into buying some nice goodies!!
-
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
+10000000 thanks Tim for giving us the opportunity and access to the light tunnel. Glad in a way my car wasn't chosen despite never being clayed. I can't believe how the tunnel shows the swirl marks so well. It's given me ideas for sure. A big thanks also to Tom and Jim who were excellent at presenting the seminar and as mentioned without any pressure to purchase, although the polisher had to be purchased and I'll be testing all my new products tomorrow which include a good claying. It was also great to meet some new faces. Until next weekend!!! Let's hope it doesn't snow!!!! -
Genuine Nismo V1 Kits have been discontinued
Wasso replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Styling
Cheers for the info -
No snow in Birmingham - Blue skies!! Still flippin cold though!!
-
Hey I got back fine in the snow last time, its all the other people that cant drive that get in the way Given the choice of snow or no snow, I know what I'd pick though! I'm with you on this one Chris. I've just been talking to colleagues at work about the snow. I don't mind if there's 4ft of snow, then I'll stay at home, if there's no snow I'll come to work, it's that in-between snow that causes the issue. You may start out thinking all is well, but then the heavens open and 6 inches of snow falls and you've had it. Slip slidding away, I recall last year I sat at some traffic lights, I couldn't go forward due to the camber and angle of the road. I just ended up sliding towards the gutter and remained there until I could find traction. Then there was my attempt at going up a hill, lets just say the car was sideways the whole way up!! Great fun yes, although when it catches you out, that's when it's unpleasant!
-
top stuff, the quality of the graphics are immense.
-
Option 1 best looking weave.
-
I actually turned off my connection the PSNetwork and it made a suitable difference. I've also now finished modifying my Zed and she knocking out over 500bhp - which reasonable I guess. I've also purchased the short ratio gear box, hmmmmm me like this, I can see that being put on my Christmas Wish list - anyway, just thought I'd share one of the photo's I'd taken it was my first photo, so a little more practice and I should be able to get some cracking shots. This picture was on the final bend before the end of the race and I managed to step the back out and get a nice drift. What do ya think?
-
I found the Photo Area of the game to be AMAZING!! I've got a great photo of me drifting a nice corner, tyre smoke everywhere, sideways on, and then applied a filter to the photo (can't think which one). I'm going to try and get it on here for all to see. Although can't do that till tonight. I love the game, the realism of the Zed is spot on, brakes, cornering, sound, interior, apart from the MPH gauge on the Zed is a little out. I've had the needle off the dial, which isn't right... I also believe the OEM aerial on the car looks too long? Maybe there should be an option to go Stubby!!
-
Top Gear test track was a bit annoying, great layout, graphics etc, but the "special" race was very slow. The vehicle provided was a VW Camper Van from the 1960's, I really don't think these are racing material. I guess I can chose to race on this circuit a little later on in the game with a car that goes over 55mph!!
-
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Camera has turned up today!! Looks a fine piece of kit!! Charging the battery now so I'll take a few pics at lunch of my dirty car! -
I noticed that the controller I am using is not as good as it used to be in the good old days. I'm guessing a wheel may need to be purchased. The only thing is, if I do that I'll want a nice chair to go with it!! Here comes more cost again!! Looking forward to earning some decent cash tonight, so that I can get my SC and start reducing the weight of the car. I was surprised that within the parts list (apart from PM Zmanalex not being there) there wasn't an option to upgrade the brakes?? Everything else seems to be there, and the wheels option is quite nice, for instance Volks make an appearance, and then there's the body work, all you can do is install a front lip and rear spoiler which sort of mimmicks the Stroesek. No side skirts, no chargespeed, Ings or anything - shame really, although I guess a different game would suit those needs. Purchased my suspension as well last night, so I can't wait to have a play with that!! I'll try and post a video tonight, if not tomorrow - although my iphone for some reason won't record sound at the moment which is VERY ANNOYING! All in all, a great quality game!! Loads of features and nicely put together, feels more connected than in previous version. 9 out of 10 for me.
-
Okay I've done some karting, enjoyed, then some NASCAR, then with all the money I'd earnt I went shopping. You'll Never guess what I bought..... Okay so it was obvious a Zed of course. Details of the car are perfect even the startup of the engine etc. I've been practicing on the F1 track at Nurburgring and managed a time of 2:27 although cheated a little as I purchased a few things with the spare cash. Induction, suspension, clutch flywheel, titanium exhaust, engine rebuild stage 1 to 3 and I've got 420hp. NICE! there's an option to install a supercharger which will come from my 1st race I guess. The video footage on the replay is awesome, very realistic. So at the next meet I'll be bringing my GT5 Zed
-
There is no reverse gear on a kart surely??? Funny vid though. Just doing my B license but working on gold trophies so that I don't have to go back but excited to get in the game. First car purchased a second hand 60k miles MX5 I have noticed a fault with the game. In the parts area there's no icon to................ Wait for it................
-
Received my copy today, watched the startup in full, kinda odd beginning but can see it's meaning a little further on. The detail is stunning, just loading 8gb of data to the hard drive very slow. Apparently it will load the tracks quicker! Review of gameplay a little later. Only 15 mins of loading left to wait. Ho hum.
-
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Should be here tomorrow before 1pm so I shall get the camera, and take some pics of the car in the carpark if needs be -
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Thanks for your input guys - appreciated. Canon EOS 500d has been ordered This thread can be locked. -
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Thanks Chris. The other good point to note is the price of the 500d is now £479 with the stock lens. It's highly tempting especially with the reviews, but just wanted to gauge interest from other camera go'ers to see their commentary. I see the vots for the Nikon D3000 are coming in even with the 500d. I'd like to see if there's much between the two? Here's the comments I have on the two models: Nikon D3000 - £450 (Classified as entry level) Nikon's baby DSLR is tailor made for the DSLR novice upgrading from a compact. It features a built-in manual-cum-tutorial guide that explains how and why to use the major settings, and if you can't be bothered with that there's always the fully automatic point-and-shoot mode. As you'd expect from Nikon, it takes cracking pictures, too. Canon EOS 500D - £600 (Classified as Mid-range) A high-resolution LCD screen and HD video mode are just two of the features Canon hopes will tempt buyers to invest in this 15MP mid-range DSLR. WDC's Matt Golowczynski enthused that ‘the overall handling and performance are close to flawless' before giving the camera a Gold Award. (I beleive these were current prices in April 2010)