Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I'm surprised you're without a women with a story like that..... Shades of grey comes to mind. Congrats on the year, I'm heading towards 4 now.
  2. I paid £50 for my snow socks simples BUT Winter tyres are RIGHT thing to do. Ice, a little snow, a lot of snow, you're ready. You can't moan at that.
  3. Weapon R do a burnt titanium one, and I think that's your lot. I could probably fabricate one up for you, whilst I'm working on the Vortech intake.
  4. Have a look in the FS section, someone was selling some last week +1
  5. I may add we've had near on 10" here today and still snowing. Ha ha Auto socks!
  6. They saved me from being stuck at the bottom of a hill. I'd already suffered a pretty bad hill, to the point it took me 20 mins to negotiate. No matter how much I tried, pulling off in 1st 2nd 3rd it was a nightmare. The socks made a huge difference. Hitting the hill with confidence and not the slightest slip. Vans, BMW's, Merc's and even 4x4's were having big problems. I just drove on by.
  7. PMSL Nice one Dave. 4 hours to get home. I hate England because our councils can't manage the roads. Didn't see one gritter or plough!! I shall be writing to my MP to tell him and his friends are ALL w@ankers!
  8. It got that bad the big guns had to come out!! I have one feeling against all other motorists watch me climb hills overtaking everything ha ha ha Me is now SMUG!!
  9. Well I've been stuck on this one road now for 40mins and we're not moving!! Might put my snow socks on whilst I'm waiting So far journey time 2 hours and a few bum clenching moments on the M42. And I've not seen one gritter no wonder Emgland grinds to a halt. No wonder I hate this country. Bet Jim in Canada is doing just fine.
  10. I was awaiting your comment Mr G
  11. Well I've made it to Dudley, will I make it home later today, who knows, although I've got my snow socks just in case. Considering I lost it 2 years ago and wiped out two alloys and nearly the whole side of the car I'm a lot more cautious. Good luck to those who give it a go and I'll report back later.
  12. Yeah I've read up on the enlarged pipes and the likes. This will be to replace purely the OEM spec diameter. Material grade is yet to be decided upon, but my thoughts are with a polished item. Whether it'll start off in polished form or after again is yet to be decided, depending on the options I'm given I suppose. I'll be speaking with the company in question next week so I'll keep you posted. There will also be a separate thread when the time comes.
  13. Hey mods can we just pop the non spacer posts on this page into my wanted MAF thread. Just so that we can keep things separate. Cheers
  14. Point taken etc, I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure function and form exist as they should.
  15. I think Chris has caught the wheel bug from Bob I'd also like to see the white and see the effect. Although for me the black rims look mint
  16. Isn't the stock and GT MAF's the same size in diameter? If not there's a potential to accommodate two sizes, can't see a problem with that. Might see if Alex or Lee has any faulty bits lying around?
  17. I'm actually building a replacement to the Vortech pipes which connect to the TB and connect to the MAF. The Vortech pipe is ugly and they've mounted the MAF in a position above the Exhaust manifold. Clever! I will be (hopefully) producing a one piece section which does away with the MAF housing where you'll be able to slot and fix the MAF into the tube. Being that I'm a polishing freak the tube will come polished too. So not only will it have function, it will also look better being polished. So the MAF housing and MAF sensor is required to build the requirements. I already have the two tubes which connect to the MAF, so its just a case of getting measurements, angles and fitment - job done!
  18. I need the housing and sensor. The housing will determine the size of piping needed, the sensor is needed for the bung that will hold the sensor within the tube. The end result is the housing will become irrelevant to the process, but the actual fitting of the sensor into te housing is critical so that it will fit snug and correctly into the new tube. So I need both parts. Got your PM Gudzy will see what offers come up first before making a choice. The sensor would be preferred as faulty because its only for specifications to build upon. I dot really want to buy a sensor if I can help it. Agreed Bennett making one is of course the best idea. I won't be making anything in bulk until I'm happy with the sample.
  19. Funny you say that..... I was missing 1 x 35mm M6 1 x M6 Washer 1 x M10 35mm 1.25 pitch So I picked those up at lunch time. WIN!! So technically I only counted 837 items.....
  20. Sensor can be faulty etc. The housing and fixing of the sensor needs to be intact though. Anyone?
  21. Agreed this will take less time, but can't start anything till next week. I've found a supplier for materials and they'll fabricate the entire item. Just need a spare MAF! (In fact may as well post a thread)
  22. It has been an experience and I have enjoyed it, but being messed around with suppliers was a nightmare. You agree everything and then they do differently. Although when I do the next batch they now KNOW EXACTLY what I want. I've also managed to bypass bonding the gaskets in the future with adhesive backed gaskets which work a treat. It increases my costs but reduces massively my time with bonding. So all in all its been an experience and driven me to do other parts. Watch out for the Wasso empire
  23. Apologies I didn't get round to pics last night as I was counting 840 bolts and washers, then preparing the packs for the spacers containing all the necessary parts.
  24. That's the exact reason I don't play online! Nice aces though
  25. I forgot to add - ill post up pictures this evening
×
×
  • Create New...