-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
I'll second that one, have a great Birthday
-
Because that's boring. Why not just go out and get a monaro, because I don't like it and why not do something different. Ask Keyser or DjTimo, Tony420z or 4ReLeather if they think the cost of doing what they have was sensible, or just get another car which was already quick?
-
I'm thinking this would be a necessity to be fair.
-
17k........... You don't drive hard enough.
-
I can agree with that, some impressive numbers and sounds fantastic. If only D3 were in this country..... I wonder what their package prices are like?
-
Not yet Dave, although they were partially stripped at the weekend. They will be a while off yet I'm sure.
-
I also had Mini Disk when it was launched brilliant kit, I even had this in my car.
-
To be fair I'll probably be taking all the enjoyment factor of my daily use of the car out. And as I'm 40 next year I'm calling it a mid life crisis. I wouldn't drive a v8 every day and I may regret it, but what the hell. I might get run over next year.
-
I agree with what you're saying but me personally I'd always have a fear of any engine that's been taken apart to be rebuilt. That's just me, maybe I don't have enough faith in some mechanics, to make sure they did it "right". To exceed 450 horse and have reliability in the Zed you need some serious cash. There's not a great deal of room in the Zed for TT's and SC's and this causes potential risks. I'm not saying there are risks, but potential ones. I've seen enough SC Zeds and their stories all different and there's a lot of tinkering needed and additional parts to make the VQ work safely and efficiently. I want to take the simple route and trust GM built the engine in a controlled environment tried and tested. A built motor can be used with many differing brands, some fail, some are rated as crap and some are excellent. Again that would worry me. If I piled £15k to forge the engine and throw in a SC, I'd be devistated to find continual problems. There's a lot of additional parts that make up the bigger picture and again I'd fear the worst. I'm not saying it will go wrong, but I'd worry. Especially as I'm not a mechanic. If I had your ability with knowledge and cars I'd have done exactly the same as its a challenge, my route is the simple way.
-
Been on a few European trips with the Zed, and when you get 10 mile long tunnels I just can't help myself, but it of course spanks the fuel all this hard acceleration just for the noise. Seriously the XYZ and decat with HFC is a great setup.
-
Nah standard back box and XYZ with decats and HFC cat. With that setup I get zero annoyance. Those outside the car do because I clout the LOUD pedal all too often especially in tunnels.
-
Dripped? Looks like it could pour out of that hole. Can't believe the rust on that. Maybe it was driven without an undertray for a while and was exposed to the wet??
-
The XYZ pipe with HFC pipe will pass an MOT. I love the sound of mine and had great comments. Here's a vid clip, not the best sounding with a rear facing camera and sounds better facing the exhaust or in the car with windows open. You can skip to 1:25 in the vid, or watch from the beginning.
-
What exactly do you do Builder? He's a cake maker hence the user name Ricey Take it you boys missed the lesson in 'how to spot posts dripping with sarcasm' then? Ha ha you can't back track now.....
-
Jealousy gets you nowhere lol. But then you have invested a LOT of money to get where you're at. Fuel, well, the LSA runs at 14mpg in town, so yes not very economical, but to compensate just put regular 95 fuel in at 9p a litre cheaper. To compare a standard Zed against a the CTS-V here's the numbers. Zed 32p per mile = 100 miles £32 (20mpg town) Cts-v 42p per mile = 100 miles £42 (14mpg town) The CTS-v is 2 tonne, takeaway that heavy body at 500kg heavier than the Zed, I'd say you could claw back some economy. Now, then Bitch isn't your standard Zed, especially with NOS, so I'd say you're in the 15mpg bracket. So the old yank lump doesn't appear to be so expensive now eh. To be fair nobody would be driving a 556hp and 551tq (@ 3,800 rpm I may add) every day. So why not flash the cash at fill up time and enjoy the sound. Just to a little more......
-
This is why it'll be cheaper to get the LSA. Exampled earlier £4k for a LS2 (used). SC or turbo add £7k+. When quite simply the LSA with a SC already tuned and slapped on makes perfect sense at £9k (crated). You could source a used one for less, but hard to get as they're only provided in the Cadillac as far as I can see.
-
What exactly do you do Builder? He's a cake maker hence the user name Ricey
-
And that is what makes the conversion such a temptation...I think putting the GTM supercharger on an HR model plus exhaust etc is about 12k isn't it? so 10k drive in and 2 weeks later drive out with the devil himself living under the bonnet and 400bhp on tap makes for a very interesting alternative. I'd allow a bit more than 2 weeks. There will be I'm sure issues that need to be overcome. You'll need to factor in an ECU to connect oem functionality. One of the issues is the rev counter but has been overcome either by replacing it or finding a suitable ECU to connect everything up. I'm in the process of finding out more from the chap in the US regarding this. I'm terms of build time I'd estimate a month. But it all depends on who installs it and their experience of such. I also wouldn't stop your budget at £10k as it could go over. There's always the unknown. I agree though comparing the GTM with a LS2 there's not much in it. The beauty of the LS engines is the torque comes in nice and early, just what the doctor ordered.
-
No worries mate, and yes the later 7's and 9's are a lot more than the 2. Don't forget the sale of any engine and box with ECU will recoup some costs.
-
You could do the entire swap on or around £10k. There's a LS2 for sale on eBay right now for £4k. The Sikky kit is about £2k add labour and T56 plus any other ancillaries and you're there. I discussed the whole project idea with Jez at Horsham and if you can get an engine for under £4k then you're laughing. £10k for a crate LS2 is bonkers Dan, for instance the LSA I can get in the UK Crated for £9,000. The LS3 for 5,200, but the LS2 I can't get a price at the mo. For ref a new T56 is £2k.
-
Inevitable, going the FI way -= NOW DONE -= update 13/05/2013
Wasso replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Forced Induction
Tow bar?? -
Inevitable, going the FI way -= NOW DONE -= update 13/05/2013
Wasso replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Forced Induction
Respray and then drive in Wales? Don't you remember the half a billion of stone chips I had on my front bumper after Wales? Just tell him your clients are some crazy Eastern European bloke and a big Cameroonian fellow. I'm sure they will be ready by noon tomorrow! You clearly drove too close to someone's ass to get stone chips. Saying that I earnt a few, but there's NO WAY my car is attending Wales the state its in now. Don't worry charge pipes will be delivered and don't forget the hardworking chap from Kent -
could you not use a monaro lump and box to solve that? You can, and that's what monkfish supply. If you want 400 out the box that's the way to go. You're looking at around £8-10k
-
Matt, you best not click this thread. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/61319-350z-ls2-tt-v-tuned-gtr-need-new-tyres/ The videos in that thread are from CyMyTailsBlink.
-
Search CyMyTailsBlink on youtube, I was chatting to him last week on my350 and a very knowledgable and helpful chap. Read up on the LS sticky on my350 if you haven't already done so, but allow a good hour to read it all. The idea of the LSA came from another guy (can't think of his name now as I've had a few drinks) and he spoke with his tuner a while ago, where him and his tuner had a chat about advancing into the LSA. It just makes so much sense. The LS2 with trick cams you're looking at mid 400's, them slap a SC on and hit the 500's. but the SC you're looking it £5-7k all in, so the LSA just seems to make so much more sense. Okay so it's a big bulk investment, but you don't even need to tinker with it, its done. I was going to go SC with my Zed but as its knocking on 80k now and burning oil as a Revup should I just don't see the point in building a VQ powerhouse. In order to do so I'd need to forge, and for the cost of the VQ build and SC I may as well do something which I'd trust more than a fully forged SC'd car. Ask any built FI'd Zed and they'll say they always listen out for noises. I don't want that worry. I just want to have fun not fear. I don't have a bank balance for fear and so the LSA further reiterates my goal.