Jump to content

Colin747

Members
  • Posts

    245
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Colin747

  1. Could be worse, I travelled over from Northern Ireland haha Got the 0330 ferry out and the 2330 ferry home lol
  2. I got mine done at Dyna Tune a couple of week ago, would definitely recommend Chris.
  3. Agreed, when I was looking I ruled out any car that wasn't a GT, although saying that it seemed to be hard to find any non-GT cars at the same time.
  4. He's waiting on an adapter that was needed to fit it
  5. Likewise, even with hindsight I'd still go and get it done.
  6. How do you have over 1,000 lbft of torque? That is hub torque , our Dynapack measure power/torque at the hubs, divide the hub torque by the drive ratio (4.631) to get a flywheel figure ahh OK, was just curious as I've recently had my car on a Dynapack hub dyno with a reading of 242 lbft but I guess the print out must have had the flywheel figure. Cheers for the clarification.
  7. How do you have over 1,000 lbft of torque?
  8. It'll make it louder yea but it's not OTT, this is a video of mine with HFC fitted on the stock exhaust
  9. Exactly this. Its easy to focus on that peak bhp gain but it doesnt represent the value of an uprev (or any remap actually) - what counts is the increased area under the graph ie overall gains rather than peak gain, removing flat spots etc. across the whole rev range. There are also other factors such as the removal of the throttle restriction in the first three gears, I got a remap done recently by Dyna Tune and gained 15hp and 10lbft of torque from just some HFC and a panel filter.
  10. Cheers guys, I'll be well pleased to get rid of this.
  11. It's the metal part of the door just below the seal I think As abve it's either hard rubber or plastic, so clay bar or magic sponge will remove it; you just need something abrasive to lift it. So before I do something stupid, when you say a magic sponge do you mean this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cleaning-Scourers-Sponges/Magic-Eraser-Chemical-Free-Stain-Mark-Removal/B003QITQC6 I'll have a go with a clay bar first and see how it fares. Thanks for your help guys.
  12. It's the metal part of the door just below the seal I think
  13. I have this weird mark on my paint just below the drivers window and I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't seem to be coming off with washing/hand polishing.
  14. Does anyone have photo's of these fitted to their car? Particularly if they've a black Z (I've a DE but picture of either would prob do)
  15. I have some rust on my rear wing I need to get sorted but all I seem to read about people getting repairs is that it comes back again within X months. I'm curious is this true in the majority of cases or is it just a case of people who are happy with the work don't tend to be vocal vs. those who aren't. Thought it might be interesting to see if there is any common method/place that seems to continuously produce good results in terms of removing the rust and it staying away!
  16. Just out of interest, why do you prefer turbo over a big NA? My only experience with a turbo is with small engine cars, and I found I really missed the oomph in low rpm, maybe its much different with performance cars? I think a lot of people love the surge when the turbo spools up.
  17. Colin747

    Unknown HFC

    I managed to get a few photo's of the HFC, my guess would be AAM?
  18. I recently got a new window switch unit fitted but I've noticed that when the door is opened it hits off the roof. It's fine when closing as the auto-lowering mechanism has lowered the window enough to close it no problem. Do I just need to take the door panel off to do the reset procedure or is this a different problem?
  19. I'd keep it as is, looks fantastic! Also what bonnet is that?
  20. Worth every penny IMO.
  21. If you wouldn't mind sticking some photo's up if you get the chance of before and after that would be much appreciated. I'm trying to contact places in a panic about getting it sorted, hate rust with an absolute passion.
  22. Had a look under my Z (2003 ~100k) when it was getting aligned and there seems to be quite a bit of rust. It looks quite bad to me but would like a more informed opinion rather than paranoia.
  23. I recently changed my drivers side window switch control unit, when I had the switch out I noticed there are 3 holes to screw the door handle onto the door card. I only seem to have 1 screw and it's leaving the door handle not fitting snugly against the door card. Does anyone know what size those screws happen to be?
  24. Could be interested in a group buy depending on final price etc.
  25. Just thought I'd give an update on this, the photo below is the difference in oil level after around 1,000 miles. Would that be about 0.5 litre of a difference?
×
×
  • Create New...