Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. I learn my skills using the 'P' mode and also Auto. Once the picture was taken, look at the settings there. This will give you an idea what on shutter speed and aperture settings. Then I move on to full manual setting. Trial and error most of the time, some pics were over exposed, some were under but it gives you an idea what setting to change. Play around with shutter speed - this is how fast your camera sensor sees the image (not proper explanations but this is how I understand it). Faster speed to capture moving objects but it allows less light reaching the sensor, so sometimes your image will be completely blacked out. Too slow, you moving object will just be a blur but it allows more light into the sensor hence your image will be bright. Aperture - again, this is something to do with amount of light going into your sensor. This works the other way around, the bigger the Aperture number, the less light goes in. Aperture is also for depth of field. In simple terms, focus'ness of your image. Larger F number will give your good focus across the image while smaller F will give you localised focus point. If that makes sense? So for landscape, where you want everything in focus, you use a bigger F number. Then for portrait, you use a smaller F so that only your subject is in focus and everything in the background is blurred. Or go for lowest F number possible to get the awesome bokeh! Small F number combined with fast shutter speed are usually used for Motorsport photography where you'll get a picture of moving car/motor in focus while the background/track is blurred (this is pan and shoot technic). For night street photography, larger F from F18 onwards, you can create starburst, that's when you see the street lights (or any light source) will look like star. ISO - sensitivity of your sensor to lights. The higher the ISO number the more sensitive. Typically useful for night shoot or indoor where lighting is poor. But too high on ISO will cause 'noise' and grainy image. So need to balance out with smaller aperture and slower shutter speed. Or when it's too sunny you will want lower ISO setting so that your pictures won't be over expose. So these are the 3 settings you'll need to find the balance for the type of photo you wanted. Then there comes the white balance. Set it wrongly, your image will go yellowish or blueish. So shooting in RAW will allow you to tune it in post processing. Steve is correct on that blue zed shot with bright white light around it. You'll need a tripod for this shot unless you can hold the camera steady for 1 to 2 minutes or maybe more. For that, I would guess the setting will be S - 2mins, A - F10, ISO - 400. Press the shutter (some might use a remote control to avoid moving the camera) then shine a LED torch around the parameter of the car, since S is around 2mins, you'll have enough time to do that. I would then change the F setting depends if the image turn out too bright or too dark. So that's how I understand my camera and images that I take. In summary: Shutter speed - duration of light going into image sensor Aperture - amount of light going into image sensor ISO - sensitivity of image sensor towards light p/s: Apologies in advance for not using the correct/proper photography terms
  2. Hello and welcome
  3. Hello and welcome 👋
  4. Hello and welcome 👋
  5. Finally, both PCBs are in place held by silicone. Few images of the rear, hopefully it's fully sealed. The LEDs being tested with a 9v battery. They will be around 50% brighter when powered by 12v car battery once fitted Apologies, quality of the pics are not great as the amber LEDs looks yellowish. The dark test Ordered a new set of DR2 6k and they arrived today, just waiting for them silvertec bulbs to arrive and I'm all ready to install. (need to find a nice sunny weekend)
  6. You mean 1m in length? Something like this? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171724424838&alt=web Try eBay, many options available. 2 x 50cm and get power from 2 sources rather than loading 1 source to power the full 1M?
  7. Nice GM zed there mate. Quite like the white highlights on the wheels.
  8. Sorry to hear this. Gutted for you mate. Hope you'll get your Zed back untouched.
  9. Hope Layla will get well soon. Will support wherever possible. Take care Chris!
  10. Hello and welcome 👋
  11. Saw it when I clean the windscreen just 2 days after I brought my zed 8 months ago, I think that's the bluetooth microphone?
  12. Hello and welcome 👋 Glad you are enjoying your Zed! Happy Zeditus mate! wallet
  13. Hello and welcome
  14. Hello and welcome 👋 Pics is always good
  15. Lol, yeah a bit too late now. I see what you mean Steve. Could had made my own relay circuit and 2 strips of LEDs (amber and white). But I think I will make a mess and it will not work I'm better with chopping and combining stuff
  16. Managed to 'Dremel' both sides now and fitted the silver reflectors in. Both sides are now in place and hopefully secure with some silicone. Unfortunately, due to over handling of one of the LED PBC wiring, one of them managed to snap off =( so will need to get it re-solder again tomorrow at work (after working hours of cause) It does looks a lot better with the silver reflectors in. Not easy to work with silicone as they take some time to cure. Let's see how the other working PCB will cure.
  17. A little bit of tunnel can't go wrong! Sounds lovely!
  18. Hello and welcome 👋 Good luck with the hunt
  19. On final bump before 11th April. I've got 8 cars so far and they are all from work =( Let me know if you still fancy a power run, I've meet the minimum number so you can just turn up if you wish on the day. Do let me know though
  20. Hello and welcome 👋 I have the same thinking about how many horses left in my zed. I've booked a Dyno day/power run for next Saturday to find out. £30 for 2 runs. Mine is 11yrs old this year with around 78k on the clock.
  21. Snow foam, citrus pre wash, jet wash, 2 buckets method and lots of microfiber cloths later.......... Still busy with DA polisher....... Hence no pics yet
  22. Yep, I think I'll mostly "Dremel" a bigger slot tomorrow. Brought a black silicone + adhesive tube this morning from Screwfix so hopefully will get them in tomorrow.
  23. Small update today. Managed to loan a Dremel as I've failed to split them reflectors. A bit messy but did the job well. Here's a pic of trial fitment of the PCB You can see the PCB when they are not switched on so I'm considering to include the original silver reflector from the DRL that I had modified, to keep it tidy when it's switched off. This means more Dremel'ing tomorrow on the reflector to fit the silver reflector in. Here's a pic of the LEDs Dark test Will be sorting out the other reflector tomorrow. Edit: I wish there are longer PCB out there that I can use as donor but unfortunately this is the only dual function DRL I can find on EBay. This is a 8 LEDs set, I going a 14 LEDs set will be much better to fill up the reflectors from top to bottom.
  24. Hello and welcome 👋 Congrats on your purchase mate! Happy Zeditus
  25. Nice wheels mate! Love the colour combo.
×
×
  • Create New...