Jump to content

Ponsonby

Members
  • Posts

    552
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ponsonby

  1. Used to dislike spiders until I had a few stints working in Australia and South Africa. In one 'guest house' in SA I had a couple of big critters that liked to visit during the night. Spoke to a local who explained that this variety of spider would not kill me so not to worry - then added that that they had killed a couple of her cats! I am then thinking that OK they may not kill me but if the venom is enough to kill a cat then it is going to damn well hurt!! Ended up doing a bug hunt every night before bed and then stuffing towels around the bottom of the ill fitting door. Also 'terminated' a rather large centipede that was climbing around my room overnight whilst working in Bermuda. Spoke to guest house landlady next morning who assured me that they did not have those on Bermuda. When I showed her the now deceased offender she said she had lived there all her life and had never seen one of those ...wtf! So no need to worry about the little insects we have here ..........
  2. AC / DC, Iron Maiden and Metallica for me too, plus some selected Cult tracks - She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult) for me when I need that extra boost or Wild Side by Motley Crue (reminds me of my youth). Although getting older now so the extra boost usually equates to a cricked back, neck or pulled muscle. Rumour has it that AC/DC are touring soon. I'll be there with my 12 year old son.
  3. Is this a 'separated at birth' photo?? Some of us old codgers actually had the pleasure of driving the Allegro and Princess - Van den Plas of course.
  4. Im at Spa tomorrow with a mate who drives a 182 Cup and other than long straights theres nothing between my coilovered, wide tyred, uprated brakes 350Z and his pretty much stock car. Youd be surprised .......... I only added that note because I didn't want anyone getting on their soapbox about what is quicker
  5. I think a GT86 would be very disappointing after a 370Z plus it will 'cost' to change - depreciation on 370Z etc. Why not use those costs to buy a Renaultsport Clio or similar, tax and insure it. You can hoon it around on the road in winter and cane the living daylights out of it on the track. Personally would rather risk damaging £1K worth of car than £20K plus worth and would probably be faster in the Clio than the GT86 or 370Z. Not because its faster but because I wouldn't give a toss about it - hire car syndrome.
  6. It's WKU - And I thought MY eyesight was bad! Guess my eyes saw what they wanted to see....
  7. If it is just the joint that has cracked you could get it welded. Or of course just use it as an excuse to get a nice sounding zorst on there .....
  8. Do you want to do a swap for my HR
  9. And as your plate suggests - WicKeD
  10. You bought the best colour, and welcome to the Temper Orange club. Unfortunately photo's never quite show up how striking the colour is. I am not far from you, in Nantwich You will love the car and the colour will grow on you more and more. I will warn you though that it attracts a hell of a lot of attention, so beware where you park it.
  11. Chips Away did a vandalism scratch on my wife's bonnet (black metallic) and it was still not noticeable when we sold the car a couple of years later. Try another Chips Away or other smart repair company? Sorry to hear about your car - worst nightmare! It's a shame we have to be so careful about where we leave our cars.
  12. My son (12) was playing around with his camera's and editing software today. See the youtube link for the results of his labours. Just wish he had told me and I had done a better job of cleaning the Z before he did it. Best watched with sound on, the effects match the music.
  13. +1, mr hamilton needs to grow up, gotta be said. I don't agree. Rosberg's bloody mindedness has possibly cost Hamilton any chance of winning the championship. He has every right to be angry and has probably stayed more composed than most of us would.
  14. They are just shy of £100K so I think they got carried away with their 9's. The BMW i8 is the second in a range of ‘i’ models from BMW, with the first being the BMW i3 supermini, an electric car which is also available as a range-extender hybrid. The i8 is the latest addition to the line-up and a different proposition altogether. It's a £100,000 plug-in hybrid coupe with the kind of looks you only normally see from outlandish concept cars. In its construction, though, there are similarities with the BMW i3 – it uses the same carbon fibre-reinforced plastic body on an aluminium chassis construction. Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/i8#ixzz3BhdKIb3y
  15. They are just shy of £100K so I think they got carried away with their 9's.
  16. Although I was at Saratoga Springs Motor Museum last week and they had an Eleanor Mustang in there. Not usually a big fan of American muscle but that car was gorgeous.
  17. I'll have the Dino please. Always loved them. Come on lottery numbers!!
×
×
  • Create New...