Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. well if you're getting rid of your supercharger.....dibs?! I think it'd be more than just a SC, it'll probably be the entire engine as well. +ECU I'd guess. Basically a very nice package for someone to buy!
  2. AliveBoy

    Driftland

    TBF it was built with advanced drifters in mind, theres very few places we can go pay and be challenged these days, thats one of the reasons Ive just broken my drift car Its definitely legit though, site was a kart circuit beforehand and a fair amount of money has been sent by all accounts. Cant wait to go see it myself, its a very japanese set up. It's going to be the new benchmark I think. Certainly personally I will use it as a target to improve my drifting towards being able to go there.
  3. When buying parts do you not think "what's the worst thing that can happen if this fails"? Because if a spacer fails, or causes something else to fail, you're going to know about it. Cheap isn't always bad, but certain parts shouldn't be chanced on. You may well drive on them for 10 years with no issues, great. However your wheel may fall off tomorrow and cause you several hundred pounds worth of damage. All for £20 a corner. Not so great.
  4. black round ones
  5. More importantly, the hubcentric spacers ensure that the weight of the car is transferred through the hub to the wheel and not through the studs. The studs are designed to keep the wheel on the car; not take the weight of it. If you get non hubcentric ones for 25mm you run the risk of snapping all your wheel studs and having 3 wheels on your wagon!
  6. They could be your fathers brother and be an axe wielding murderer, he would still be your uncle
  7. I've got an "uncle" who is just some bloke who my parents are friends with. And no, he's never touched my special place either
  8. I agree with your other half lol. If your uncle re-marries then the 2nd wife is just known as "the bitch who married uncle *****"
  9. Yeah, I was just thinking so someone can put some stickies up about tyre usage, standard changes etc. I know there's obviously driftworks for a lot of stuff, but people may not necessarily go there first and there is some 350z specific knowledge for drifting not on DW. Maybe I was just being greedy
  10. I'll have them PayPal ok?
  11. *clears throat loudly* Ball = court StevoD I'm willing to buy if you aren't! I might be willing to help a mate out too
  12. get some funky coloured cable ties into it and make it look like stitches! or if that the drifter cheapo me talking?
  13. Hi Guys, as the cars are getting cheaper to buy, I think there's going to be lots of people starting to drift them. Is there any chance of a sub forum for the purpose? Thanks, Matt
  14. most tyre places will give you scraps for free. Normally you can get some with 2mm on them which will last a few laps. Spare wheels are a must, you'll almost never be able to drive home on the same set of tyres you drift on.
  15. Making friends and all that!
  16. if you go down to your local tyre supplier and ask to have a rummage through their scrap tyre piles you can normally get some good victims. A few local to me won't let people do it as they always leave the place a mess, so whenever I go down I try to leave the piles tidier than when I arrived, to such a degree that some of them now call me when they have really good ones come in. It's all about making friends StevoD beat me this time!
  17. There's a fair few people on here who drift their 350's. A day at pod is £60 if you book in advance or £70 on the day. you can fit 4 18's with tyres, jack, tube of cable ties, small tool kit, oil, 5ltr fuel can, block of wood, lunch and a breaker bar into the car with you to go down. You can also ratchet strap one wheel to the roof and one to the boot deck if you really need wheels. I use a tank of fuel for a pod day, but that includes driving up and back from Woking.
  18. Having been on the other side of this situation, you deserve it imo if you new she was taken but that another story for another day Lol, I had no idea. I explained myself and he paid for screen swap, I left her well alone after that. Not sure I'd have been so restrained if the shoe had been on the other foot! I probably wouldn't have waited for an explanation tbh
  19. Fixed that for you
  20. I had my both plates stolen from an Audi I once owned, found them a few days later sticking out of my windscreen where some guy had put a brick through it. Maybe that had something to do with the fact I was parked outside his girlfriends uni room and was inside having a "chat" with her though on both occasions though.
  21. Hi Everyone, I've got a PDF document which I created for work, as a questionnaire to get information from clients. When I view/complete it on any of our work PC's there's no problem, but when a couple of clients have returned the form to me we have had errors, or data not visible. I've tried google, and I've checked the fields/fonts etc, but I can't figure out the issue. So any help advice would help me massively. I can email the doc if needs be. The errors are: On opening the doc: There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (18). On viewing the doc: There was an error processing a page. Bad font or descriptor object. Thanks, Matt
  22. at 23 in the current climate I'm counting myself lucky that I have a house at all, let alone in the south east I don't really fancy gambling it all for the sake of a garage. If needs be, head torches and inspection lamps under a tarp will keep me going at least for a while longer Thanks for the comments guys Was more of a long term planning thing, like get saving and keep an eye out for a better house in like ten years or something Long term planning I'm thinking a half decent drive and a garage hopefully when the other half finishes uni and has been earning for a bit we can look at our options
  23. at 23 in the current climate I'm counting myself lucky that I have a house at all, let alone in the south east I don't really fancy gambling it all for the sake of a garage. If needs be, head torches and inspection lamps under a tarp will keep me going at least for a while longer Thanks for the comments guys
  24. It winds me up when people post a for sale ad without the reg available. If I want to get an insurance quote or do an HPI check I can't, so I'll move on to the next car which has the reg available.
×
×
  • Create New...