Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. It's not technically off when you press the button. It will still kick in as and when it decides. For example on the big bend at Lydden Hill at a BDC licensing day. Instead of drifting the corner you just lose the front end, and nearly go into the gravel pit. Having a switch put into the yaw sensor means it is completely deactivated and won't try to kill you at a moments notice.
  2. AliveBoy

    2014 Calendar

    Ditto the late entry I'll fill in any months lacking
  3. If someone goes missing and I get done for their murder, they then turn up 15 years later after I've been released from prison and I murder them for getting me put away for so long. Do I go back to prison? As technically I've already done the sentence for it? Oh sorry, thought we were just making up pointless what if's. You've modified the ecu, it's that simple. Your ecu isn't standard and the insurers can find that out very easily, you need to tell them. You can go through all the "but the power has just been returned to normal" and they can judge it how they like, at the end of the day you've had the engine map changed from standard.
  4. I didn't know they did it in orange? To be fair, they actually do! They'll do any colour you want if you pre order it
  5. Does the regulations not say something about anything that restricts the light output from lights is a fail? I comes with a booklet details why it doesn't affect the light output and why it is legal. I tried it about 3 years ago, you need to be careful when you start as unlike vinyl you can't stretch it and the headlights do curve quite a bit. I'm sure if you line it up properly it could be ok though When I did it I got wrinkles in it and couldn't get them out so I gave up. Good luck!
  6. Never drive with it on! Likewise! Every drive starts with engine on, TC off. Trying to work out how to turn it off permanently. Get a switch put into a yaw sensor. You'll need to be able to activate it for the mot. A toggle switch would keep it off all year and then you'd be able to turn it on for the mot. You've also completely deactivated it then too unlike just pressing the button when it stays partially on. I've been meaning to research this. Is there a guide anywhere? Where is this sensor and what exactly needs to be done? To be honest, I got jez at Horsham developments to do it, whilst they changed my belts over so I didn't actually see it being done. I'm sure a pm to him would reveal the answer as he's always been really helpful when I've asked stupid questions
  7. Never drive with it on! Likewise! Every drive starts with engine on, TC off. Trying to work out how to turn it off permanently. Get a switch put into a yaw sensor. You'll need to be able to activate it for the mot. A toggle switch would keep it off all year and then you'd be able to turn it on for the mot. You've also completely deactivated it then too unlike just pressing the button when it stays partially on.
  8. Needs lowering and maybe spacers And some bubble arches!
  9. AliveBoy

    2014 Calendar

    The welds you produce could be a good entry, although they might push it into the "pornography calendar" band
  10. AliveBoy

    2014 Calendar

    I forgot
  11. 2JZ? Please say 2JZ
  12. No in yours Nightmares... I'm a change manager / consultant trying to help companies develop & progress without breaking their IT environments. Sometimes feel a bit like that chap in Tiananmen Square. Like I'm stood in front of a column of projects and programmes saying "But have you tested this, where's the evidence, what about the risk, how much is it going to cost, what if it goes wrong, why is it so urgent ......it's not your infrastructure, it belongs to the company, stop trying to break it..." etc. Nothing of any real value though, like a nurse, teacher etc Jesus, sounds just like one of my days. Trying to hold back the tide of brilliant ideas from people "who know about IT" but can't use excel. I love excel! I organise my work so that I can have whole days only on excel A lot of what I do involves Excel, DBA & code.... currently working on a 700 store multi product, multi drop delivery schedule for 1.8m items a week, 250 motive units and over 300 drivers..... The spreadsheet is around 1,400,000 cells and counting That sounds awesome, I used to work in 1st and 2nd line support for a card fraud prevention company and used SQL every day, had access to several million card transactions and SQL was the best way to interrogate the bad transactions as you can see the raw data. These days it's just formulae and macro's etc.
  13. No in yours Nightmares... I'm a change manager / consultant trying to help companies develop & progress without breaking their IT environments. Sometimes feel a bit like that chap in Tiananmen Square. Like I'm stood in front of a column of projects and programmes saying "But have you tested this, where's the evidence, what about the risk, how much is it going to cost, what if it goes wrong, why is it so urgent ......it's not your infrastructure, it belongs to the company, stop trying to break it..." etc. Nothing of any real value though, like a nurse, teacher etc Jesus, sounds just like one of my days. Trying to hold back the tide of brilliant ideas from people "who know about IT" but can't use excel. I love excel! I organise my work so that I can have whole days only on excel
  14. Define drift. You've got to be driving like a tool to lose the rear end the whole time. I'd say you'd be more likely to lose the front end than the back if it was all the time. Especially in things like roundabouts, you've got to either stab the throttle or be sawing at the steering wheel to accidentally lose the back.
  15. Small world! I work in expatriate tax! Specialising in high net worth individuals and complicated tax affairs! I'd love to work with cars, but most jobs are just that, jobs and not careers
  16. Hi Adem, I have a key from my old 350z and need a new one as I only have one too.Obviously I will need a new blade but I can sort that. Are you interested in me sending you my old key to get it programmed?(if this is possible?) As discussed no win no fee lol. cheers, Chris I'd guess he's going to need the car too, so unless you can get the car to him too I'd presume it's the no fee option. I'd hope you wouldn't be able to clone a key without actually having the car present, but seeing the issues BMW are having with their anti theft systems currently I wouldn't be so sure!
  17. I do have my shift indicator set at 3,500RPM however so im usually shifting before/at this point anyway. I think your the only person who has it set to anything other than 6,600rpm in a DE Set mine to 5K RPM. I use my brain, I don't need a pretty light to tell me when to change gear
  18. Why not Don't know, think it would be rude to dress her up in cheap cloths! Do part worns all you like, just inspect them before they fit them
  19. The 370 came with an option of red seats, maybe an option to trade up to those?
  20. I thought of that until I saw this: New Airbag MOT legislation New legislation came into force on March 20th 2013 meaning that MOTs become stricter in relation to Airbags. From this date all Airbag lights (SRS malfunction warning lights) on the dashboard MUST light up when the ignition is turned on and MUST go out once the car is started. I might just use the old connector, I've taken out so much of the interior already it would be hard to put it back to normal anyway
  21. I have resistors, just not the connectors I don't want to splice into the factory connections if I can avoid it, just incase I ever need to put the standard seat back in. Maybe I should just bit the bullet and cut the one off my drivers seat as I'm not using it anyway.
  22. No haha. I have a race seat, so the light is on constantly as there is no airbag to be connected
  23. Does anyone have any of the plug in airbag resistors to cancel the airbag light? or know where I can get one from? They used to be everywhere, but I can't find one now! I have the old connector from my drivers seat which I could cut off and solder a 2.2ohm resistor to, but I'd rather keep it attached! Any help would be great
  24. I've heard that Nankang NS2's are actually really good tyres. I know a lot of tyre purists will argue and say they're ditch finders and whatever else, but everyone I know who has tried them has been impressed.
×
×
  • Create New...