Jetpilot
Members-
Posts
7,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Jetpilot
-
I would but you need to be signed up, no one is having harsh words, he is actually a nice lad, just no idea of track etiquette! Out of interest, do you have to attend a brief to go on track for something like Japfest?
-
Double post!
-
Now there's part of the problem,.. you weren't supposed to be racing.. :scare: I agree, I saw some shocking driving yesterday where there were 5 cars within 3 metres of each other trying to outbrake into the chicanes. Also there was far too many drivers who refused to move over and let a faster car through and just hugged the inside on every corner....a blue and black veilside body kitted RX7 was the worst offender I saw! Does this bring back memories Exactly, totally put me off non club sessions for other shows if I'm honest. Now there's part of the problem,.. you weren't supposed to be racing.. :scare: I agree, I saw some shocking driving yesterday where there were 5 cars within 3 metres of each other trying to outbrake into the chicanes. Also there was far too many drivers who refused to move over and let a faster car through and just hugged the inside on every corner....a blue and black veilside body kitted RX7 was the worst offender I saw! Does this bring back memories Exactly, totally put me off non club sessions for other shows if I'm honest. He is getting a bit of gentle "advise" from a few on the rx7 forum
-
Now there's part of the problem,.. you weren't supposed to be racing.. :scare: I agree, I saw some shocking driving yesterday where there were 5 cars within 3 metres of each other trying to outbrake into the chicanes. Also there was far too many drivers who refused to move over and let a faster car through and just hugged the inside on every corner....a blue and black veilside body kitted RX7 was the worst offender I saw! Does this bring back memories
-
Centres picked up today from de chrome. By all accounts they simply put them in a solution, still costly ish, but leaves a perfect surface to paint with just a simple scotch over. Dropped them straight to my bodyshop guy and should have them back by next week. Just the lips to get done which i also dropped to the polishers today.
-
No one is arguing, its a discussion, i was told by a mod to air my views, which is the nature of thread. I just dont get the, "its at the discretion of the mods", why would a mod choose to allow some adds without a price and not allow others, or even as Lexx says, nudge a member to put up a price, either allow for sale adds as "open to offers" or post a price, not discretionary! I should add i think the for sale section on here is fantastic because of the "rules/guidelines" because most people follow them to the letter, open them up to interpretation and it quickly becomes a bun fight! Still stand by the simple fact we all mostly adhere to, if you have something for sale, you know whats its worth or you know what you want, ebay is for offers and bidding wars!
-
Thanks buddy, I was after the 370z wing
-
There seems to be a missing post on this thread from Lexx saying additionally I was informed about the decision on the reported post, I wasnt, a 2nd attempt re pm and and told to air my views, which i am to which I am and seems there is some agreement. Being "told end of" is hardly a clarification, simple question then, do we have to put up a price or not?
-
So why allow the post only to prod to put up a price, or why not allow an add as it doesnt have a price. I cant think of any reasons that doesnt need a price to be put, why does it need to be discretionary. Just seems your making more work for yourselves and tricky for buyers knowing your having a bidding war! If an item is for sale, it has a price, if its open to offers, its an auction!
-
After a response from a mod on the for sale section I thought I would raise this. A recent add had no price, open to offers, apparently this is down to the mods descretion as it says "should" state a price, not must! It also says at the very top of the guidelines, these rule "should" be followed, does this also mean its up to the mods descretion wether it contains a photo, user name or photos? Surely this makes it very vague? What would deem any add not to have a price? I have also seen adds locked for not having a price? If your not sure on price there is a whats its worth section! Or ebay if you want a bidding war? Either guidlines are followed or there is no point having them if they can be left open for interpretation!
-
Open Pit Lane Track Day, South England, *Need 30 People*
Jetpilot replied to Grundy's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
I am in if its gp not indy -
Rx8 maybe cheap to buy, but will cost you money in the long run, whether that be for an eventual rebuild or parts to make it better i.e coilovers, strut bars, cage, pads/discs, even down to tyres (18") etc, not a huge amount of 2nd hand goodies available either so unless your patient you will have to buy new. If cheap is the keyword i wouldnt look any further than a Mx5 Mk2, cheap to buy, lightweight and there are a plethora of 2nd hand parts always available which are also cheap, tyres will be cheap as you would probably run 15's or 16's, pads and discs etc etc Worst case scenario and you stack it/blow an engine, there are always 100's being broken on the forum or in breakers yards. Have a look on Mx5Nutz. Or if your really lucky, i picked up a Mk1 Bbr Turbo for £1k a couple of years ago, needed a couple of hundred quid spent on it but would have been a great track car without the need for getting in mot'd. If you get bored after a while 2nd hand turbo kits are always being sold and with the right mods (fuelling/intercooler/ecu etc) your over 200bhp and up to 250bhp on standard internals
-
I have a bit of a love hate thing for over fenders, I love the look of them, but hate them on road cars. Would I put them on a road car though, yes, but absolutey only if it had serious horse power to match the looks, other wise imho it just looks like your a bit of a try hard. I think the RB Gt86 is awesome looking, but would be mortified to be overtaken on the road by diesel burning rep mobiles. That 458 looks stunning, not sure I would want to it to mine if I had one though
-
Early week bumpage
-
Now there's part of the problem,.. you weren't supposed to be racing.. I agree, I saw some shocking driving yesterday where there were 5 cars within 3 metres of each other trying to outbrake into the chicanes. Also there was far too many drivers who refused to move over and let a faster car through and just hugged the inside on every corner....a blue and black veilside body kitted RX7 was the worst offender I saw! Sadly that car has 400bhp+, he should not be holding many up, lol!
-
Too dangerous to tempt fate with a response, sorry
-
Supposed to give a better earth so therefore help the electrical system, on the most part it does nothing according to most reviews.
-
You got to love a NSX
-
I thought it was quite diplomatic, better than "you are a complete idiot and got what you deserved" and "utterly ridiculous" and "i would want more info before i comment properly"
-
I am not sure "perhaps" even comes close tbf. If a complete stranger preached to me i had got everything i had deserved in the same situation i am not so sure i would be as calm and placid as Zhorno. If you can honestly sit behind your pc and post that you have never had an incident (of some kind) i would say your either lying or not trying hard enough. As Stoner said to Rossi (rather ironically although true at the time), perhaps his ambition outweighed his talent! We learn from our mistakes, as i am sure Zhorno has but, the assumption that its always tyres is just becoming boring, there were a few others commenting on their poor tyres and they didnt crash! Sure, good tyres, suspension, bushings etc is all going to increase the odds of staying on the tarmac but it seems to me (although not being there) Zhorno just admits to getting a bit over zealous and loosing control. Tyres no matter what make are only going to offer you levels of grip/balance, once you reach those limits it becomes irrelevant, it all comes down to car control and if you dont have that, even having mpss on wont save you! Whilst i know you are only offering advise, there are much better ways of approaching a delicate subject like this than smug and arrogant comments!
-
You came off at one of most notorious corners on any track in the country buddy, you are not the first and wont be the last, even professional drivers get it wrong with the best tyres money can buy! Telling him he got everything he deserves is just out of order imho!
-
Good way of putting it into prospective
-
Would anyone happen to have a photo of a front wing without the side repeater in, just gauging the hole cut out, is it just round or shaped? Thanks in advance if anyone does
-
They/we do imho, except when we are being branded racist when we are not. As hollowpoint says, as soon as we dare suggest we do not agree with something someone does who isnt white, your branded racist (as with this thread), when the persons race has nothing to do with it, it just so happens they arent white, ironically the word racist is used far to "casually" if you ask me. I am not a racist or casual racist, i do not go out of my way to persecute anyone who isnt white, live and let live. But, do not force me into being "racist" because i dont agree with certain cultures attitudes towards us/me as more often than not, the ones claiming you a racist are the most racist themselves, but it doesnt seem to work the other way round bizarrely. One of my best female friends is Indian just for the record. It has nothing to do with the colour of your skin, if your a c*ck, i will tell you your a c*ck (not aimed at anyone on here), but as soon as you highlight someone is a c*ck who happens to be coloured, your racist and that is just farcical if you ask me.