Jump to content

smudgedon

Members
  • Posts

    2,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smudgedon

  1. Anytime mate I know I haven't been the easiest of customers plenty more work coming your way Really pleased with the spacer, fitted PERFECTLY and it may be a placebo effect but I swear the acceleration in lower gears is a lot smoother than before? Please with my work today, might be easier to see the comparison if I do this BEFORE AFTER
  2. Was disgusting! The Autoglym stuff cut through it nicely, and then went at it with a metal scouring pad afterwards which shifted some tough spots Was tempted to take it off completely but was running out of time Will update tomorrow with some further pics
  3. Started at around 10am and finished when it go dark at 6pm Shaun, so yep and there's more to do tomorrow
  4. UPDATE So, wheels are at the bodyshop, finally have a set of tyres to put on them (with no thanks to Yodel) and various other bits being painted in preparation for TFS on Sunday 17th March, the 1st show of the year for me So today, in preparation, I decided to finally fit a few bits that had been lingering around as well as give the engine bay a little bit of TLC We started with this: Messy, covered in grime and muck and generally looking a bit sorry for itself. You'll notice my polished Berk intake courtesy of Wasso and also the brake fluid and battery covers missing watch this space I grabbed some "Autoglym engine and machine cleaner" from Halfords after reading some good reviews on it, and set to work on the exposed areas of the engine bay such as the areas around the strut brace feet, the wall between the engine and the cabin and the plenum itself The plenum was particularly nasty So concentrated on that to spruce it up a bit before Wasso get's some more work off me for it to be polished properly The Autoglym worked a treat, cutting through the grime and grease fairly easily, which I worked in with an old toothbrush You can see the difference between the worked on area in the middle after just 10mins, and the outside bit still grubby as before The sides by the strut brace feet started off like this and finished up like this still not perfect, but much better than before! After I'd finished with the cleaning (still a little more to do, but wanted to fit some bits) I finally got round to fitting my plenum spacer And yes, it's the right shade! Also fitted my RareJDM cover (very fiddly to do) which has been sitting in the garage since December and the end result looking like this! Left the strut brace off for now as I've got a new one going on later this week Really want to tidy up a few of the wires, particularly the earth/ground kit that the previous owner put on the car And tomorrow's efforts will consist of these bad boys
  5. I think that picture may be taken from the pit
  6. Just got one of these off ebay, will be fitting it tomorrow (weather permitting)
  7. NEW gadget?.....been around for years buddy
  8. Few people from my company helped develop this, before Peer 1 stole it
  9. 350z = man's car (that girls can drive too) s2000 = girl's car (that men really really really really really really really really shouldn't drive)
  10. Holy **** that is awesome!!!!
  11. Think I'd rather buy something not purple than be seen with her.....
  12. I'm in the process of painting my covers too
  13. Be sure to keep a lookout mate I'm on CCUK (Corsa C UK) only because my usual club messed up and I know the owner of CCUK so he gave me a stand pass will be going down the strip on Sunday
  14. If you don't know what it is...don't worry.... TFS = The Fast Show http://www.thefastshow.com/index.htm
  15. Anyone going to TFS this year?
  16. You're fussy full stop
  17. Is that the cost of the labour..? Thanks. Cost of the belts mate, they were off anyway due to getting power steering pump changed so no labour charge Thanks ..What do you think labour would be to fit them when I get them from Alex..? Only take an hour at very most, so 1 hours charge depending on where you take it Easily done yourself
  18. Is that the cost of the labour..? Thanks. Cost of the belts mate, they were off anyway due to getting power steering pump changed so no labour charge
  19. Just had mine changed by Sly @ Kaizer Motors as mine were cracked Main benefit is peace of mind defo worth changing for the sake of £40-£50
  20. Oh and thanks for all the suggestions, bought some Autoglym engine and machine cleaner and some brushes today, so will set aside a few hours at the weekend
  21. It's painful Luckily only a temp phone until my replacement Galaxy S3 comes back to me after having my 1st one nicked No purple option, boooooo!!!
  22. Ewww....
  23. Looks great, just not sure on the colour of the wheels but each to their own Welcome
×
×
  • Create New...