Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. I'm getting worried about the high levels of knowledge on cars displayed by non car type people - there was me feeling all superior as I descried how the phalange joint multiplier integrated with the thrust vectoring torsion drive, and enjoying the look of awe I was getting. Now I realise they were just looking at me thinking what is this p****k talking about I know more about cars than him. Now running off to learn some really obscure fact about cars so I can feel superior again - will need to cross reference that with the "things you didn't know" thread in case you have read that as well. Somewhat ironically when it came to the red colour, all the girls noticed it on the 'cluster' - I wonder if any wanted it changed out for blue or their favourite colour or the like though (prepares for backlash! ) So then we'd need a new thread... If they changed it to blue/pink/whatever would the name of this line change? If I was sat down the pub talking about green lining my car, people would think I was mental; or that I'd put some dodgy viper stripes on it.... Or your female counterpart talking about bouncing it off the pinkline, I'm sure a few ears would twitch.
  2. Don't pass the buck - you are just as responsible I don't think my friendly informative posts done anything but promote the knowledge and helpfulness that is available on this forum.
  3. My girlfriend just laughed and made the guy cum face when I turned to look at her after seeing the cars.
  4. I would give you a like but it would be a little too ironic for me.
  5. All itye1970 needs to do now to really make this the king of all threads is come on and say something about a VXR and ask which budget tyre is best. That would be like a lottery win though.
  6. Stop being a pony and just pay it.
  7. Yeah, looked like that to me.. also if I remember correctly a purple-ish coloured one gets blown up or damaged some how.
  8. I'm getting worried about the high levels of knowledge on cars displayed by non car type people - there was me feeling all superior as I descried how the phalange joint multiplier integrated with the thrust vectoring torsion drive, and enjoying the look of awe I was getting. Now I realise they were just looking at me thinking what is this p****k talking about I know more about cars than him. Now running off to learn some really obscure fact about cars so I can feel superior again - will need to cross reference that with the "things you didn't know" thread in case you have read that as well. You shouldn't be worrying about your car skills, you should be worrying about your picture taking skills Oi don't start flaming me as well I may not be able to take 6 pages of abuse! (your not the first to be little my photography skills) Well, to keep this on track and to prove both your photography skills and car skills I think you should get us a high quality image of your redline. Edit: there is an innuendo in there somewhere for someone.
  9. Welcome but don't be thinking you're going to be beating max revs guy.
  10. I'm getting worried about the high levels of knowledge on cars displayed by non car type people - there was me feeling all superior as I descried how the phalange joint multiplier integrated with the thrust vectoring torsion drive, and enjoying the look of awe I was getting. Now I realise they were just looking at me thinking what is this p****k talking about I know more about cars than him. Now running off to learn some really obscure fact about cars so I can feel superior again - will need to cross reference that with the "things you didn't know" thread in case you have read that as well. You shouldn't be worrying about your car skills, you should be worrying about your picture taking skills
  11. He's got a lot of reading to catch up on... I'm not sure where 10.48 was in terms of posting but couldn't be more than the first/second page.
  12. Profile is decided by width. Many cars run different profiles front to back. Oh, I thought it was all done to keep the rolling radius around the same so it didn't throw the speedo out too much... Guess that shows what I know. It's just a percentage measurement of the width of the tyre. So a 275 / 35 / 19 tyre simply means the profile/sidewall is 35% of the width of the tyre. Ah okay, good to have an explanation. Thanks
  13. Profile is decided by width. Many cars run different profiles front to back. Oh, I thought it was all done to keep the rolling radius around the same so it didn't throw the speedo out too much... Guess that shows what I know.
  14. Did wonder this myself, I found a price with both 30.
  15. http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/michelin/pilot-super-sport/275-30-zr20-97y-266069 http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/michelin/pilot-super-sport/245-30-zr20-90y-402682 Not that far out of what you're looking at for the Vreds?
  16. Was there a couple of grape vines going up the drive way? Also are you sure it took 30 seconds and not 30 months? Serious answer is I found that the Zed doesn't like reversing up a hill really, I tried it in Brighton and got a bit of a whining noise after a while to.
  17. I thought you asked the guy who didn't like cars - he may not like them but he sounds knowledgeable on the subject! From his reply it seems he knows more about them than me and Buster combined and we have been known to supercharge the bloomin things Maybe I should get him to sign up to here and answer one technical question a day, a bit like the mystic meg of the 350 world.
  18. Think this question has been asked about 5 times in the last day, almost as bad as not knowing what red lining is Here you go mate - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/11639-www350z-ukcom-car-stickers/page__hl__sticker On a more serious note I hope you all are ashamed of your disgusting responses to the OP........ Gave me a good laugh at the end of a long day I know that much What a total rookie, oh well thanks to Will I PM'd Mike and I've got my sticker winging its way to me shortly Thanks for the link, I did try to look but couldn't see it in the obvious places, didn't think to look there!
  19. You're just upset you didn't get to join in these jokes sooner! Perhaps a little but I do feel for the OP. way to break him in to the forum. On a side note a friend of mine broke his banjo when he was 15. Ouch! Not many members can say one of there opening threads created a 5+ page post I do feel for the OP but I just hope he can see the funny side, I for one have not said anything in here maliciously trying to upset him. He's come on, asked something a bit daft and got a ribbing for it. If he just laughs it off he'll be golden
  20. I'd imagine I'd get hauled into the bosses office pretty quick if I was wondering around asking people what a banjo string was.
  21. CS got a group buy going on in their sub forum at the moment for these very parts, worth checking out.
  22. Also, contributing to this thread has allowed me to thrust my postcount above the 350 threshold. How do I initiate the procedure for the receiving of my free window sticker? Or does that rule even exist anymore, it's only taken me two years....
  23. Ian's posts have the ability to teleport you? Comber (from Irish: An Comar, meaning "the confluence"[2]) is a small town in County Down, Northern Ireland. It lies 5 miles south of Newtownards, at the northern end of Strangford Lough. It is situated in the townland of Town Parks, the civil parish of Comber and the historic barony of Castlereagh Lower.[2] It had a population of 8,933 people in the 2001 Census. Comber is part of the Borough of Ards. It is also known for Comber Whiskey which was last distilled in 1953. A notable native was Thomas Andrews, the designer of the RMS Titanic and was among the many who went down with her. Well I never.
  24. It's just a bit like the revometer in the 350z 0 - 6.5k RPM, anything in that zone is fine.. You accidentally down shift to a lower gear while hammering it and end up past that RPM, there isn't much hope for your banjo string. That's not the first time I've been told. I do feel pretty bad if the bloke is genuinely unaware of what the redline is but I mean come on, that's like not knowing what a banjo string is. Let's just hope he hasn't snapped his banjo string Just to keep on this point and not to make the guy feel bad but I went around the office, in the name of investigatory journalism, and asked several of the non car people what a redline is in car terms. They all knew. this is just a joke, I asked one bloke who doesn't like cars who said 'it's the thingy that stops you revving your engine thing past a certain point on the thingy in front of you
×
×
  • Create New...