Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. Just do it and stop being a pony.
  2. It hasn't arrived yet but it was between yesterday and the 24th... So hopefully it'll be here in time Kaiser Motor for an alignment this Friday.
  3. Adjusted and fixed... I think, didn't do it again on my 2 hour journey today.
  4. That's pretty generous but you are aware that cats have some value to scrap dealers, just in case you thought they were worthless.
  5. In Japan the indicator stalk is the right away around for a RHD car
  6. Can't say I'm a fan and I looked up a proper one to compare the differences of which their appear to be quite a lot, including the price. Never quite got the whole 'make a car look like a super car' thing, it just seems to me that you want to impress poor people and those without a clue. I fall into the poor people category but needless to say it's never impressive. It's like having the worlds biggest d!ck, which is brilliant.. Until people find out it's not the real deal.
  7. Niiice figures, if I get anywhere near that I'll be a happy chappy
  8. Was the GT pack a factory fit option or a dealer fit? It would be like declaring you've had it sprayed red rather than recession white from the factory if that's the case?
  9. How far out are those cannons poking??
  10. Cheers for looking Wasso, I'll go and have another play about I think I know what I've done wrong
  11. Jurassic Park! Very cool
  12. Yeah I think it was because when I was putting it on with the spacers it didn't line up with the holes correctly so I tightened it... Maybe a bit too much this time. Cheers Wasso, that would be good
  13. Cheers Wasso, I'm pretty sure that's what I done as I remember shortening the strut bar.. Nice to know it's something easy (and the middle of the strut bar is almost touching the plenum, like 1 or 2mm away).
  14. Yeah from having a read around it looks like I might have adjusted the strut bar so the two ends are a bit too close together, I'll unwind it a bit and see if that improves the situation.
  15. You did put the strut brace spacers UNDER the strut brace right?!! Yes of course I did I meant the plenum
  16. mouthwash

    Jae 2014

    Hmm, turns it into a £200 weekend because I'll need to buy two tickets and rent a room. I guess I'll just turn up for Trax
  17. That could be the case, it could also be the case that I haven't tightened it properly so it might be sitting raised but I'm pretty sure I did. I don't have an engine damper and I may look in to them but if no one else has this issue it means something is wrong with my set up so I need to take another look.
  18. ^ That's what I do, I don't want the hassle or responsibility of dealing with any transportation issues.. I'm quite happy to package and measure it for someone and send them a photo of the packaging before it's collected but that's about it
  19. I wouldn't know if they are but previously I forgot to install the spacers for the strut bar and started the car so I got to feel what it was like when the strut bar and plenum were touching, it just felt like a watered down version of that. Kind of annoying as I don't need problems right now!
  20. Has anyone had any additional vibrations after installing their plenum spacer? I'm pretty sure the engine is knocking into strut bar but I'm using the spacers provided. It only seems to do it when I'm pulling away quickly (when the engine is most likely to rock... right?) and it is fairly noticeable, there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with the car (accelerates just fine, no odd steering noises etc). Also it only does it after it's been driven a fair distance which makes me think even more that it's the case as I'm sure it expands as it heats up? I will warm it up and take the strut bar off then give it a test, haven't had time to get around to it yet and thought someone might have had the same problem? Maybe an after market strut bar will fix the problem?
  21. mouthwash

    Jae 2014

    Ummm, not in the same room I hope? I'll think about it.. need to investigate costs Edit: anyone got the costs for the stand ticket? Can I worm on to the stand on Sat?
  22. Probably saw two sets of wheels and.... I can't do it In all seriousness that really sucks Grundy
×
×
  • Create New...