Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. Just noticed this, if you're going over the West Sussex way to view a car feel free to PM me if you want an additional set of eyes. More than happy to help out if I'm available.
  2. I wouldn't be paying £9500 for a 2004 unless you're absolutely desperate for low miles and aren't planning on doing any yourself, otherwise you're just chucking money out the window. You have to ask yourself, is the 30/40k miles difference worth £2.5/3k more to you?
  3. I cannot work out if these are sarcastic posts or whether there is genuinely an item out there called the 'eyeball', I thought I'd share this moment of weakness with everyone rather than consulting Google.
  4. I use AEM gauges which have a digital number as well as an LED needle which make for easy viewing, they're 56 mm (iirc) instead of 60mm so you'll have to make sure you buy the right pod holders for them. Not sure what size the OEM gauges are but nothing Google couldn't solve.
  5. The only additional gauges I have are AFR and oil temp, didn't really see the need for boost pressure with a s/c.. I'd like one but it will be one of the last things I buy.
  6. I'm not a mechanic but it won't reduce the life of your engine, it just won't make as much power as some other exhausts. You're probably talking around 10/20hp at the redline.
  7. I was going to put HFC's in mine when I initially had all the work done but Adrian/Darren advised me to go the decat route because of the fact cats won't last long. As said, you'll be fine with the Cobra exhaust (I made acceptable power from mine) but if you were chasing numbers there are better exhausts for that.
  8. Might also want to let Nissanman know about the Restriction of power from the Cobra exhaust. Oh yeah, as Andy James found out... The Cobra exhausts aren't any good for FI, he had a much better experience with Miltek (I think that's what he has now) and I had better figures with the Nismo exhaust. I think it's due to the size of the rear box, I'm not sure how big it is on the 70. edit: I would just like to add that if you're not chasing numbers, it probably doesn't matter.
  9. Just a bit of info, even if you had decats disguised as cats they would fail an MOT purely based on emissions.
  10. You'll be fine, good to know there is no rubbing... We can do my arms next weekend. I did wonder if you made it home but I had fallen asleep by 8:30
  11. Haha, just noticed the first part of your number plate: MW, you belong to me It was a fun weekend with a lot of hard work because of your 12 year old bolts but we got there in the end and as you said, satisfying knowing we achieved it rather than you spending more money getting a garage to do it. Just make sure you get a proper alignment
  12. Don't talk to me about that sort of thing, ...I've spent more on mods for my Zed than that. I don't want to even begin to start adding up
  13. Feels very sales pitch-esque...
  14. Well he lives in West Sussex not West Susxex.
  15. Another one in West Sussex, welcome along.
  16. I'd say this sums it up: skip to 30
  17. Oh right, in a thread that no one looks at is probably a good idea. BOOM.
  18. What does that have to do with Toblerone being terrible? You don't have to capitalise man, we all know I'm the man.
  19. No, because it's disgusting.
  20. The equipment is disposable so you just 'adjust' (eat) it to the size you need it.
  21. That's why you don't combine your measuring apparatus.
  22. Any sturdy, finger based chocolate should be fine. So a Flake by its very nature is unsuitable for such a task.
  23. We can measure it in Twix fingers to make sure it's the same as the OEM arm. Scientific and delicious.
×
×
  • Create New...