Jump to content

370Ad

Members
  • Posts

    3,931
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 370Ad

  1. The Z's seem to have got quite a bit of publicity this year!
  2. The problem with the Stillen Y Pipe is its major selling point. It has no flexi's. They really are there for a reason! Hopefully it will be an easy fix
  3. Wahoo made it onto the official photos! They couldn't crop your wing in Grundy. So you didn't make the cut
  4. Glad you got them fitted mate. Tiny bit different to standard hey
  5. Great photos! Some real skill there They all look pretty low when hammering the corners!
  6. To be honest the rest of the session was quite as I didn't see another z for quite a few laps until I passed the BBK! I agree with that! Was pretty much on my own for 10 minutes. I was first on the track so only saw people when the faster cars had passed the back markers. Was good though as Combe can get very bunched up.
  7. Haha! Well I am glad its nothing major. Maybe it was something caught underneath that has now come off?! Will keep an eye out for you zooming past on the M4
  8. OK, what does that mean? Would that explain why it all sounded fine when I drove it? Basically inside the decats there is a honeycombe like material which reduces the noise. I have heard this can sometimes fail and rattle around inside the exhaust. Have you been keeping an eye on the oil?! Yes, Dad....250ml of the best money could buy (or the stuff you told us to get) went in about 2 wks ago Good girl Fingers crossed its a cheap fix!
  9. OK, what does that mean? Would that explain why it all sounded fine when I drove it? Basically inside the decats there is a honeycombe like material which reduces the noise. I have heard this can sometimes fail and rattle around inside the exhaust. Have you been keeping an eye on the oil?!
  10. Hope its nothing too serious! Could potentially be a heat shield as the other guys have said. Also could be something inside the exhaust? For example silenced decats spitting out there insides. You don't need the heat shields BTW
  11. "350z and 240z Track session. I'm a track newbie and this is my daily drive, so not ragging it! Need to build up confidence and skill." What about poor little me You were definitely quicker than last year mate. And you were out with what I would say was the more 'advanced' group.
  12. Great photos Spatt! Haha the 50 was easier to do that with. Its a bit more 'raw' than the 70 as standard and especially after some decent mods.
  13. Yeah he is a really nice guy. Just before the noise test he was telling me about a 350 owner who had an accident a few weeks ago. It was a rainy day so he was holding back. The 50 overtook him and then a few corners on he was in the wall. The guy locked the car and walked off as he was so angry. Apparently he had only owned the car 2 days! That's the good thing about the Z session...it's not a competition and everyone moves over for a faster car/driver. It's not a 'race' like some sessions.
  14. Change the HU and don't use RCA's then its pretty good.
  15. Is that the Datsun lapping you 370Ad? Haha I only got overtaken 4 times and twice was that beast.....So at least I know pretty much everyone else got lapped too! It makes it a slightly different drive when its your daily
  16. Website shows 0% power increase for the 70! http://swindon.quantumtuning.co.uk/car-remap-tuning-remapping.aspx?Make=Nissan&Range=370z
  17. Got this from a random guy on Instagram:
  18. Loving my photo with the 240!
  19. I thought I was doing well over taking gaining, was think one more lap and I'll over take this 370, then the checkered flag went up. Now I've read you were in 'limp mode' Yeah sorry about that haha, I will still let you tell the "Dude I almost had you" story at other meets though
  20. Good man Grundy. Got me at the 5k rev limit but will still hopefully be good Reading up on the US forums it's a major issue there with oil temp. The 2012 models have had one fitted so shows Nissan know there was a problem.
  21. Mine Saw your car bud looked nice.
  22. Quality day! The 70 was quite lonely with only one friend but held its own on the track. Only got overtaken by the crazy 240Z boys and the beautiful silver supercharged 50. Unfortunately I missed out on full power for the last 4-5 laps as oil temp reached 140 degrees so limp home started! I think an oil cooler is definitely needed.
  23. Well its a Horsham GB so I think it has to be done there.... You ask a lot of Q's!
  24. Your one of those lucky ones Just don't come to many meets/shows or you bank will be empty!
  25. Will keep an eye out for a fellow primer coloured Z
×
×
  • Create New...