Jump to content

ilogikal1

Members
  • Posts

    4,733
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ilogikal1

  1. Not a bad haul there.
  2. That is true, but "better than 5 minutes ago" and "enough" could easily be very different things. Especially in your case where you are, at best, guessing based on your assumptions. Assumptions such as; Which I'm assuming you've read (probably in the manual) yet completely ignored the preceding "up to". Which means it can be less than that but it can also me more than that, it's not the definitive figure that you car will be using that you seem to think it is. You could easily have used 1.8l in that 800miles you've owned the car, so even if the previous owner decided to top up the oil the day you bought it, you'd still have less in it now than you did then, so you actual don't nor I appreciate that you've had a stressful day with this but really listen to the advice above and stop driving it. If you can't get an accurate level reading, change the oil and start from scratch, if you can't do that yourself then enlist the help of someone who can even if it means trailering it to a garage. If you do top it up yourself, take regular readings to ensure that you're adding the right amount, don't just guestimate. And leave the dipstick out whilst actually filling too, you'll find it easier to get a clean reading that way.
  3. I quite like making other people stand in the cold and I also blame it on them for it not unlocking in the first place. It's the simple things.
  4. It seems to depend entirely on what day your car came off the line, mine is a UK 55 plate and it doesn't work on mine but it did on someone else with a similar age car, although I don't recall if theirs was an import or not.
  5. You can't change it on the earlier cars.
  6. Yes it's standard. You can change it if you've got a later car, there's plenty of information on it around here if you use the search.
  7. Oh, I agree, Poorboys contains some as well, but I've never had any problems with either Britemax or Poorboys and I think they're both excellent shampoos (I've not tried Banana Gloss though). Even in the sun I've not had any problems so long as it doesn't dry out but that's the same for all shampoos.
  8. If that. I've seen some that wash straight off at the first sight of rain, with the weather being what it is these days you'd be lucky to get an hours protection from it. However, some are considerably better than others. BTW, Britemax contains gloss enhancers.
  9. It depends on whether I want a shampoo that leaves something behind or not but I use/recommend; Poorboys Britemax Hubikote G|Techniq Car Chem
  10. Polished Bliss will price match too.
  11. Yep, but cheaper from here. Don't spend that 95p you've just saved all at once though...
  12. Didn't realise Hubikote was his own. I quite liked the shampoo too actually, not that I've not used the Kyrptonite green one from the Xmas box yet - I've got nearly as many shampoos as I have waxes these days and just don't get the chance to use half of them. I've not had any of the SlickRims, but then I've still got one of the RimWax samples (which I hate), 9/10ths of a full size pot of Poorboys, some C5 and more FK1000P than I've ever use, so I'm not sure I really need any wheel sealants either come to think of it... On that topic, I best get my order in for the next Waxybox!
  13. No, but he's said it's going into production so it'll be announced "soon" via the Facebook & Instagram accounts. I'll let you know when I find out what it is though.
  14. That. Although I have been taken by that blind test product from Waxybox.... can't tell you what it is (yet) though.
  15. Modern leather only really needs to be cleaned as they are essentially lacquered to protect them. Cleaning can be done with anything from a suitably diluted APC (all purpose cleaner - readily available from any supermarket for a pittance) and a wipe down with a cloth to dedicated leather cleaners and brushes. If your leather's in good condition, PM Envy Valeting on here about these. If it needs a deeper clean then I've only used Raceglaze Leather Cleaner with a soft bristle brush, and have also used Raceglaze Leather Balm too (both of which I would recommend) and the AutoGlym Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (neither of which I would recommend). I'd also recommend giving the steering wheel and gear knob a once over every so often too as these areas attract much more dirt and oils from the almost constant contact with your hands - although I shouldn't have to point this out I will anyway, but if you're using anything on the steering wheel in particular then always ensure the product is fully dry (and if necessary buffed) and not slippery before driving the car again!
  16. I questioned this once with one of the phone minions (I forget which company specifically) but the excuse reason was that the more expensive the car the more care you'll take when driving it, specifically when parking - Phone Minion explained that statistically they see claims for dent/scrape repairs go up as the value of the car goes down. I took that to mean that if you have a £400 shed, you don't so much park it as just abandon it near the parking space, atop the nearby bollard...
×
×
  • Create New...