Jump to content

Greddy-Matt

Members
  • Posts

    315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Greddy-Matt

  1. Hello! Interested but can't see a price chap?
  2. Maybe give these guys a call should be able to help: viewforum.php?f=165
  3. Long shot but I had my exhaust quietly burning a hole in my diff cover, smelt quite choice : Worth a quick squiz under the car maybe?
  4. Adding lumps of alloy onto the hubs may sound like its a step in the wrong direction, however you have to take into account that the weight of the spacers is at the centre of the hub, so that's far better than using heavy wheels where the weight is further out along the spokes of the wheel and outer edge of the rim
  5. Greddy-Matt

    Spacers

    Any change from stock needs to be declared to be on the safe side I doubt they'll charge you for it.....
  6. Or you get a water butt and stick a pump in it? I've been getting over 100 litres a day when it's raining by diverting rainwater from my conservator roof
  7. Which water company are you with? In Southampton, no ban here with southern water, welcome to use my hose
  8. You have pm
  9. God I want itb's soooo much, do you have to rebuild and balance before doing them?
  10. Thanks for the replies! I am intending to do everything I can get my mitts to, these are the sort of bits that I'm looking to start with tho (you can just about make out a tiny bit I did yesterday peeking out from under the engine cover): I'll grab a wire brush and take a trip to the local motor factors for some cutting compound tomorrow morning as I have the day off to tinker, PEEK sounds interesting I'll try anything once tho so will give it a shot Time isn't an issue, happy to do it bit by bit as I bought the car to keep it untill it dies, tho I suspect by the time I'm done, I'll have to start all over again Wazzo - thats impressively shiney! Might have to re-think painting the plenum now, do you think a throttle body is do-able?
  11. Hi No not the plenum, I'm looking to paint that with either black or red wrinkle paint I'm polishing all of the metalwork at the front of the engine i.e. where all the belts are, where all the sensors go into etc, I'll try and get some pics up of what i'm doing
  12. Hi all! Thought I'd make a start on blinging my engine bay, I have a massive list to do and parts to get but started on polishing all of the cast parts of the engine and block that are visible. I've been using a dremel with a cotton wheel and autosol, it's bringing it up nicely but it's taking an age (it took an hour and a half to do a couple of inches! ) does anyone know if there's a more abrasive metal polish available, or a better method of polishing (I can't use wet and dry because it's impossible to get everywhere with it)? Any advice welcome!!
  13. I was so close Yes your diff will get hotter That cover is an air scoop thing that pulls air over the fins - Mind you I've seen several Zeds without them! Do you track? yep so close! I don't track but not known for being gentle on the old girl either, maybe I can "modify" it
  14. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've found the problem now it's dry enough to get under the car! I was looking too hard for the problem. The issue is with the exhaust, it's touching the plastic diff cover and it's melted a blimin great hole in the side of it Can I remove the diff cover, will it cause any issues?
  15. Looking good! Nice aggressive looking rear, what happened to the top secret diffuser tho??
  16. Now sold, thanks for the pm's guys. Mods Please feel free to lock
  17. Does that mean he's now got some ? Only ask because....... I know where there are some second hand ones. Front ones yeah not rears from me I'm afraid
  18. Bubble wrapping as I type
  19. I think he can sort you on these
  20. It's always a mixture of relief and pain when they go isn't it The worst bit is clearing all the leftovers / parts, out of the garage / shed etc. Are you moving onto bigger and better things?
  21. Replied to pm Provisionally sold!
  22. I did pop some on, not sure where they went, you have pm
  23. Hi Not eggy, but chemial / burning for sure, guess I'll be doing the sports cats/de-cats sooner than I thought then!
  24. Hi Ive got standard cats at the moment, I wonder if it could be those, she's just hit 41'000? I'll have to get under the car if it ever stops raining to see of its hitting anything, it's VERY close to diff but I cant see much further back than that.
  25. Hi Fearing something serious, I'm after a little help please, I've noticed in the last month or so that the Z is stinking something awfull after it's been driven, when you pull up and get out of the car there's a really acrid / seriously hot smell from the rear, definately from the exhaust and you can't smell it from inside the car (it's definately not your normal exhaust fumes sort of smell). It started a little while after I had a Scorpion exhaust put on, I put it down to the coatings and oils from manufacturing etc in the exhaust burning off, however, I'm about 1000 miles down the road and it's still smelling pretty strong. The car's not smoking, and it's not using oil (I check the oil every week and it's not moved from the max mark since changing the oil six months ago!) so guessing it's not lunched piston rings.... The coolant level isn't dropping, and engine temp doesn't fluctuate at all once warm so wouldn't have thought it's a head gasket, so bit flummoxed really, could it be running too lean? Any ideas? Oh I have checked for placcy bags dead animals etc stuck to it, and nadda. Any ideas???
×
×
  • Create New...