Jump to content

Gudzy

Moderators
  • Posts

    1,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gudzy

  1. Might be worth disconnecting the battery and giving the switch a clean with electrical contact cleaner as that fixed mine temporarily. The switch was about £40, I didn't fit it myself so don't know how easy it is to replace. It didn't take long at the garage. Are your brake lights coming on when you press on the brake pedal?
  2. Gudzy

    RS Tuning Remaps

    Yes, but it won't cost as much because the license is already paid for, so it's just the dyno time it takes to make the adjustments in the map.
  3. I just use a DVD recorder plugged into an old VHS player that's still knocking around. Press play on the VHS and record on the DVD recorder. Also worked for recording off the freeview plus box. Both can be picked up cheaply if you don't have either.
  4. They are a standard fitment, so will fit with any system on a DE engine.
  5. Octet bought from me. I bought them from eBay with a motordyne xyz with hfc attachment with an unknown amount of miles for a good price. Adrian modded where the oxygen sensor plugs in I believe also.
  6. Gudzy

    RS Tuning Remaps

    Probably worth mentioning that TDI North's standard rate is cheaper than the new group buy rate.
  7. What width are the front wheels? I believe Neilp had/ has 235/35/19 front tyres.
  8. But what about their exhausts?
  9. I bought a cobra clubman seat which was out of a mini for £40 on eBay from a guy that was just down the road from me. I've mounted it on an old office chair base and use in the gaming/ cinema room. The plan was to put it in the mx5 but looks like that will be sold before I get chance to get the seat put in. Before that I had a pair of seats out of an Impreza. I sold those recently for about £50 for the pair. They were good for the purpose, nice and comfy but supportive and adjustable.
  10. As Alex says, it can be very sensitive to the amount of brake fluid, check its bang on the full mark. Also check your brake lights are coming on, those 3 lights came on for me because the brake switch was faulty.
  11. I bought the zed via bank transfer, we both banked with the same bank and by the time he had logged in to check it was there.
  12. 19" MSW RS-5 wheels with Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta tyres. Front wheels are 8j, et 25 with 245/35/19 tyres. The rear wheels are 9j, et 30 with 275/35/19. Photos of the tread depths can be found here: http://s30.photobuck...ibrary/MSW RS-5 but roughly I'd say they are 5.5mm on the rear and 6.5mm on the front. Would benefit from a refurb as there is some paint flaking and some curb rash from a previous owner (example below), but all 4 tyres still hold air well. £550 collected or plus postage (I think a courier would be around £50). Stock coolant hoses. Only replaced because I got some coloured samco ones. £15 delivered, £12 collected. All items available for collection from Halifax, West Yorkshire. If paying by PayPal you can pay by gift or you cover the fees.
  13. Heil! Getting ready for Movember already?
  14. I like that you work your car trades around the wales weekend, glad you enjoyed it That would be the final test, if I can still bring myself to consider selling the zed after Wales then it'll be time for it to go. Saying that, I keep changing my mind on what to consider next so anything's possible.
  15. That's fine, just send me a message sometime. I'm not sure mine can be accused of being subtle though!
  16. I'm considering picking up a vx220 over winter when prices should be lower and then keeping them both until after the Wales weekend in May when I should be able to make a decision which one I want to keep. I'd need to get rid of the mx5 before that though as I definitely can't have 3 cars, I barely do enough miles to justify having one car really!
  17. The weather is my excuse, lots of rain I had to keep my eyes on the road!! Aliensurfer did had a private plate but I never have. I'm looking at a private plate for my next car to match my brother's and father's though, thankfully it's only the minimum price of £250, one of the benefits of having an unusual name.
  18. Nope, it was me. I was going to the new hospital eventually. I think Aliensurfer has sold his zed, I did turn off very close to where he lives though
  19. Nice to have a factory fitted nismo kit.
  20. Good write up. I've never been to Croft, even though I think it's officially the closest track to where I live. I assume this wasn't one of the quiet days then with the new jags going round, I don't imagine they would be below 88dB. I might have my mk1 mx5 up for sale soon which I've been using for track days.
  21. Parked at the tennis and squash club in Hallamshire, black (at least it was from a distance in the dark!) 07 with N1 spoiler.
  22. The cobra exhausts come with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. I'd be asking for them to supply some tips and up rated clips free of charge.
  23. Uprev is the name of aftermarket mapping, I think you must have sold your zed too long ago!
×
×
  • Create New...