Jump to content

Keyser

Members
  • Posts

    9,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Keyser

  1. I had the same debate about how to achieve more power I opted to buy a ready SC'd Zed from another forum member. I am now the 4th member of this forum to own this Zed! Each owner has done a bit more to the car and a lot of £££££'s spent (I have the receipts) My decision was based on finance and time, Quicker and it cost less to trade in my Zed and buy the next one compared to the cost of importing a new SC from the states alone! Add to that all the other mods - Teins suspension, Nismo ARBs, PF discs and DS2500pads, JWT clutch & flywheel, R888's and Kaaz diff etc etc. But it hasn't stopped there. I have already done some cosmetic mods and will be well over another £1,500 with bits already in progress - remap, HFC's, oil cooler etc with more to come!!! Bought not built - I love that. apparently I'm less of a man as I bought it ready moded, Had I taken a wedge of cash phoned Abbey, Horsham or any other car tuners arranged a time, dropped the car off gone back and collected it all done I am more of a man - Built not Bought. I personally don't see the difference?! I'm not knocking people like Ian who did build his own! Without a garage in the freezing cold (nutter) and others, hats off and well done to you all respect is well earned. I am married with kids and about half way through a major house refurb on top of a full time job and dads taxi service (2 teenage daughters!) So I went that way as it suited me and so the little free time I have can be spent driving and doing smaller bits. It's down to the individual on what they want and how they achieve it, I didn't want a scooby my last car was a 911, I wanted something different and I love the look of the 350Z, I don't actually think it's a good base car to mod lots of faster cars, lots of cars that can be made quick cheaper and a lot of cars are easier to DIY mod (I was a mechanic in what seems like a previous life - 20 years ago!) I say - If you want a fast Zed get one built, buy one or build it yourself If you just want a fast car buy something else. If it's a stepping stone to a 370 or GTR get your mind set right and stop looking at mods it will drive you mad. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Just my £1 worth it was 2p but inflation and taxes I'm afraid.
  2. I have a spacer - see here - viewtopic.php?f=161&t=48226 Do you a good deal - maybe intersted in swap on wheels but I hae bid in on fleabay so may not need em PM me if interested. Edit - Brand new never fitted still in the box
  3. I Think track knowledge may play a part here ..... That an me being whimp on the loud pedal - I only got an SC fo bragging rights down the pub and I don't even drink Wht time are you leaving / aiming to arrive?
  4. Thanks mate I don't use traction control any more Strart car turn of Traction - I get the TC light on the dash at low speed tight turns if I leave it on and she has such good grip on the R888's it's not been a problem. I found out last night that a mate of mine is now a Toyo importer/distributer so that's handy I was fixing his PC and asked as he had an email address of info@toyo888.net (bit of give away) He did say order early 888's are like hens teeth! Mod wise - after some research -I'm getting quotes sorted to remove the UTEC and have an uprev remap (with Berks HFC due to the law change next year) and the addition of an oil cooler, we are also looking at changing the SC Pulley arangement to further reduce slip, or a bit of work with a dremmel to stop the belt rubbing when the pinch rollers are adjusted all the way. Will let you all know how the Track day goes and I'm sure when Captain goes flying past (he knows the track) he will be posting Vids of it for months! Still looking at video cameras for me at the moment - just worried as I was told Castle Combe do not allow sucker type mounts anymore?
  5. Bit harsh mate........... I held the bonnet up while you fitted the dampers as well
  6. OK I'm booked Looking forwards to this! BTW Captain did I mention I'm S/C? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49962&start=30 Over to Ebay buy a cheap video camera now as I happen to know you are very familiar with this track!
  7. Sorry the lights were a swap so no spares Scary, quick and bloody awesome - to drive that is We are still getting to know each other but for the moment at least my limits seem well short of what can be delivered! Going to try and book the track Day that Captain posted about tonight, I really want to put her on a track see what happens with my foot down in 3rd!
  8. WOW I want a pint of whatever your drinking
  9. I'm Back Dave you can't call me Keyless now All Taxed, MOT'd, insured and good to go. Couple of mods and some Tarmac parts added by myself this evening with the assistance of Buster (Thanks Mate ) Some new smoked rear lights Nice new carbon bonnet dampers (Turn your head I forgot to rotate the pic before upload, Nice new Mat and new Carbon door mirroirs O and a pen My Daughter took this and said I had to post it .. Got a few more things planned but just happy to be driving her at the moment.
  10. Have a great time I for one am very jealous. Good luck and ENJOY!
  11. I did not I got books from the library and studied hard well maybe not .... http://www.the370z.com/forced-induction ... noobs.html http://my350z.com/forum/forced-inductio ... tions.html http://www.my350z.com/forum/forced-indu ... -pics.html May help
  12. O Errr I'm worried now, I'm only coming if the big boys play nice! At least I won't need a camera while I'm on track In Front!!!
  13. Where do I sign up? I'd love to come along Diary is free as well Count me in.
  14. A super charger on it's own can give you 450hp but as Neil says you will need the internals upgraded apparently (let the flaiming commence) the rods are the weak point and have a tendancy to bend How big is the lump of cash?
  15. I Hate TLA's TLA Three Letter Abbreviations BRRB Big Red Reset Button PICNIC Problem In Chair Not In Computer SEP Someone Else's Problem LASER Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation TARDIS Time And Relative Dimensions In Space Got lots more
  16. Hello and Welcome
  17. Nice Welcome
  18. I Watched it But was not awe inspiring just lots of smoke lol
  19. Excellent idea
  20. Very nice indeed
  21. Hello and Welcome
  22. I've noticed that about your threads ????
  23. Where would you prefer they are collected from??
  24. Just me and you buying tickets for that raffle then That's true, both myself and Keyser will require 1 step colder plugs. Maybe you could look at some prices for us. You could do it as a group buy Tarmac I'll have 2 sets one for now and a spare set for track days Wasso will have 8 sets for Sunday drives as he melts them (Sorry mate I had too!) Pick one then Tarmac, I'll be in as "Resistance is Futile"
  25. Just me and you buying tickets for that raffle then
×
×
  • Create New...