Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. ..actually, I might put it on ebay, you never know there might be some jokers on a Zed forum who would buy it
  2. ...what are my chances? As you can see if has taken pride of place next to our wedding photos...although Becks not too impressed... ...and Jim is now officially a cheeky sod for buying it for me and it being given to me in the Christmas competition as a 'Special Prize' - expect to see an appearance at the South East christmas meal
  3. Because any numpty is allowed to buy a bike and ride it on a road which has speed limits up to 50mph without knowing jack all about how to cycle, how to maintain a bike or what the laws are or hell even what light goes on the front and what one goes on the back... ...as the number of cyclists increase, there is a larger proportion of these imbeciles on the road.
  4. Carbon wrapped roof and Nismo carbon spolier with carbon seibon bonnet with vents
  5. ebay is failing me somewhat on this part!
  6. Just showed Rebecca, she is howling, absolutely howling out loud
  7. Well may have just sorted the exhaust problem
  8. ...okay, Im not a chav and I am not buying those back lights. I do though want to upgrade a few bits of the car, namely an exhaust, berks HFC, plenum spacer and uprev. I just cannot decide on an exhaust at the moment and I thought about just getting the rest done and figuring out the exhaust next year sometime. Has anyone slung on Berks onto a stock exhaust yet? Sound? Performance? With the uprev and spacer? I know is the arse-about way of doing it but it seems like a good start...views?
  9. What in gods name is the world coming to
  10. Very nice, not sure on the red lips but otherwise very nice - like the way you can get away with parking it across the street
  11. My clutch went, but I was in cornwall at the time I had to drive hundreds of miles back to London, by which point it was slipping like crazy. Sometimes you get lucky, the flywheel is ok, but if you don't order it and you spend hours opening the transmission up and find the flywheel is damaged then you have wasted a lot of time and money as you will have to order another one and do it another day. Most dealers will (hope I am not dropping anyone in it here!) allow you to return an unopened flywheel if you dont fit it...so order both, if you need it fit it, if not send it back unopened. As an aside, if the clutch is slipping, it usually is already too late to save the flywheel ... ... and yeah, lots of younger drivers picking up Zeds, maybe more powerful cars are becoming relatively cheaper. At 21 I was in a 1.1L Fiesta with insurance of £850, more than I pay now on my Zed, that was 16 years ago!
  12. coldel

    Front bumper

    Cheap and cheerful, make an offer? Not blue but its just temporary right? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-350-Z-GENUINE-FRONT-BUMPER-SALE-/250936330119 Other option is to go via the car breakers and see what you can source online, probably cost you around £100-£150 though.
  13. Not sure you need a specialist to change a clutch - just check the traders on here (ZMANALEX is a good start) to price up the parts and then any reputable garage should be able to unhook the gearbox etc and switch the clutch over. Should take 4-5 hours max I reckon? If you have an eye on a car already, maybe post some details of it on here and people can give opinions etc (you dont have to show the actual ad if you want to keep it to yourself )
  14. As much as you want to ask questions about mechanicals and electricals - ring around your insurance companies first if you havent already insuring a zed isnt cheap if you are a younger driver and have seen a few people on here save up for one buy it then realise its another £2k to insure And welcome! Have a browse through the help sections on here, LOADS of great advice.
  15. It was a fleeting idea mate...I had a nice little pay off from work when I got let go so am eyeing up some new stuff for the car - exhaust, HFCs and uprev I think is where the money is going
  16. I think best reastion is to at them when that happens!
  17. As much as I sympathise with getting hit (thank goodness I never experienced that on a bike) it is this 'its ok, dont worry, cars do it too' thinking that puts us where we are now. Because a car goes over 30mph doesnt make it right to cycle through red lights and not give way to the right at roundabouts. And, actually, no, I dont drive over 30 in a 30 zone as it happens, and I know a lot of other drivers that dont either I am not sure what riding defensively is exactly, I think it might be just sticking to your line, constant pace, with sensible clothing, having lights on the bike at night etc works fine. Weaving in and out of traffic and banging on car windows I am pretty sure is tantamount to road rage. It is not ok to jump lights and break the law either a. because someone else does it or b. because your interpretation dictates otherwise - I am again staggered that people can justify it in this way. How many times do you see drivers get agitated when they see cyclists jumping lights, cutting across the road, riding three abreast etc and then driving erratically afterwards - and conversely seeing a driver give a cyclist total respect and space when pulling away from a red light because the cyclist stopped as well. Share the road - share the rules
  18. coldel

    Zed badges

    Go to the Z Store, they got a whole stack of options on there...
  19. Ah so thats what it is...mine does that, if I accelerate and then ease off the stick moves a couple of mm...
  20. I need reforming...anyways, got to buy an exhaust first...
  21. But they are 'performance' taillights so they will surely add 30bhp to my car, so cheap mod
  22. ...if I said just now I thought 'hey they might look alright on my black zed' http://www.jtote.com/product_info.php/nissan-350z-driver-and-passenger-side-pair-euro-black-led-performance-tail-lights-p-112299
  23. I do still have an old bikeradar login I might post something
  24. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-350-Z-GENUINE-FRONT-BUMPER-SALE-/250936330119
×
×
  • Create New...