Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Wine-Kit-BNIB-/320808211661
  2. I am now in the habit of sticking in about 35/40 quids worth everytime it hits quarter of a tank. Doesnt fill it up (goes to about just under 3/4s) but also I never have the car running on vapour either - so I suppose its good refuelling practice!
  3. Have always heard good things about the JVC units - I think the 830 is going pretty cheap now as well? Caraudiosecurity, I know a few guys on an Astra forum I was on used them previously and they were all happy with the service.
  4. Unfortunately dealerships (and not exclusively Nissan) are pretty poor when it comes to servicing. My family have been mechanicking for fifty years and they are always commenting how they are getting cars 'serviced' by dealerships come to him afterwards in a shoddy state and massively over charged. It may sound good getting a dealership stamp but as a previous poster said, mostly the experienced fella who talks to you when you hand the car over gives the keys to someone else, who tosses them to the work experience kid who does the service. If you are going to pay the premium, get a your monies worth by having a proper mechanic on it.
  5. Alex - how so? I'm confused as to how you can get access to the plate without removing what's above it first, including the gear lever/knob? Another part of the reason I decided to leave the procedure to Nissan is that not having attempted this before myself, I'm not sure how to align the gear selector plate anyway? In fact come to think of it I don't even know what the plate looks like, although I'm kinda hoping I'd know it when I see it I am assuming this is the plate under the rubber/fluff etc under the gear gaiter? If so it is a doddle and even a complete spanner incompetent like myself managed it in about 15 mins. You dont need to take the gear knob off as Alex said (although I did in any case) you can just pop and lift everything (plastic, gaiter, rubber, fluff etc) and it will be there under it all - you just need to then loosen the bolts and put the car into 5th and move the plate alongside it. then the same for 6th. If its not that, then slap me and tell me to sod off. If it is, just wanted to reassure you it really should be something you can do at home!
  6. The fuel computer does the same thing, says I have say 80 miles then as I am driving it will start losing a mile every ten seconds or so when the gauge drops. ...Darren, going around roundabouts, does it do the same thing if you are going around them sideways
  7. We rang our insurers who stuck it on - we didnt get the multicar thing as insurance is out of sync at the moment but by next year we should be ok. Becks is 7 months pregnant, she just cant manage with the Zed as well as she could bless her, even getting in and out, so we go that and took the insurance hit on the chin .. an 04 plate Ghia 1.8 petrol, very happy with it. Funny thing was, we were already insured with Diamond on the Zed, Becks rang up to insure a Ford Focus, 1.8 Ghia and they quoted 200 quid MORE than the Zed. After some banter we knocked it down £300. Just ridiculous how much insurance companies are attempting to rip off consumers at the moment.
  8. Mine is a bit more scary, works perfectly fine above quarter a tank, then stops on quarter tank...until I have less than 5 miles in it then it just drops into and past the red and I get all sorts of warnings flashing up at me. I guess something blocks it at quarter tank, so probably needs looking at, I hear getting it out though is a bit of a 'mare? At the moment my solution is just to go to the petrol station as soon as it stalls at a quarter tank!
  9. Awful news mate - my brother is a bike fan and has three of them chained to the ground in a locked/alarmed garage at his parents place. Insurance companies are getting worse and worse, they refuse to pay out citing issues with the event and even if they are in the wrong. There are numerous stories of people being told they wont get paid then going to the media and lo and behold a payout when they are exposed as literally 'taking the pi$$' - for that amount of money, go to a solicitor get the policy looked over - well worth the money. Insurance companies will jump through hoops to not pay you out, its up to you to combat them remember they couldnt care less about what you are going through. As for the police, yeah some good ones, but generally a lot of rubbish out there. Unless they are collecting fines or generally just doing something out of spite they really arent interested in chasing up something difficult like what you described. Whenever I have needed the police, when I had my car stolen and when I was assaulted both times they were utterly useless, I expect little or no help from police whenever problems arise and cannot see that changing in the near future.
  10. PS, wife is at the Xmas meal - no one mention that I called it a shed!
  11. 1.8 petrol this one - wife loves it so she is happy - will be a good substitute for the Zed for the couple of weeks where we might get snow and crap on the roads down here. Personally its a shed, it will get full of food, bits and pieces, get clattered by edges of buggies and what not, and it doesnt matter because its not the Zed
  12. Was thinking more of getting baby buggies and the like in there! £3500...blimey, got that for £2k
  13. Set of Volks needed me thinks
  14. Hey Ben, fellow Essex lad. Whereabouts in Essex? I dont live there anymore but parents do. I have owned three Ford Fiestas one Ford Escort and one Ford Orion All a bit crap but good fun. The Zed though is a whole new ball game in the fun stakes. There are a few black and azures up for sale at the moment, a couple with Nismo kits, you should have a nose through the for sale ads (good time to buy, prices have dropped for winter, even though I know you are saving yourself for summer!). Black is the fastest colour though
  15. I just put a Milltek on mine, going to have HFCs on it as well on the 15th, will do a vid for you and post...Milltek on its own sounds great to me, then again I am not looking for loud loud, but it certainly turns heads when you give it some boot.
  16. ...since the temperature has dropped, my Zed has developed an odd sound. For the first 2 or 3 minutes after starting up and driving I get an intermittent noise from what sounds like the rear of the car (but could be wrong) which I can only describe as the noise of an old fashioned kettle boiling whistle. It goes for about a quarter a second then stops, then about three or four seconds later it does it again. After a few minutes, it stops altogether...odd?
  17. Phew, backup car now parked outside, Rebecca happy with her 'run around' lots of boxes ticked today
  18. Like that...what level of tint is it?
  19. Still no snow, bit of frost at 7am, but otherwise fine, sun is out its lovely. Zed will continue to be out and about for a while yet.
  20. Just waiting for Graham to come on and say how much the Berks sound
  21. Yeah some cowboy bolted the plastic exhaust cover onto my rear tyre...sounded like a motorbike when I pulled away
  22. Berks and MIlltek AND Stillen intake
  23. Cubby http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-centre-console-cubby-hole-/230712261720 Brake Fluid cover http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-brake-fluid-cover-/230712259616 Intake Pipe http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-intake-pipe-air-flow-meter-housing-350GT-/230712258311
  24. Driving mine loads at the moment, is a bit cold, and wet, but its fine!
×
×
  • Create New...