Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. It could be made a little easier to get into I think though that fundamentally the public sectors goals are not the same as the private sector. The public sector are a 'hygiene factor' for a country to grow, you must have healthy and educated people in a country for it to grow. Private sector makes money of course, but thats its role. There are some very clever, very efficient and very important people working in the public sector - its just unfortunate the inefficient ones are the ones that always make the headlines.
  2. coldel

    Wraptastic

    I am one step ahead of you steve! I wanted to wrap the two silver inserts but it does mean taking the steering wheel off to get at bolts on the back. You will need to disconnect the battery and pump the brake to clear the power completely to stop any air bag action!
  3. ...and if there was no public sector say, health or education, there would be no educated and no healthy people to work in the private sector I would argue that the public sector if done correctly saves the country money - for example on my year out from uni I wrote recruitment models for the Royal Navy, my models are still used today to predict the drop out rates for training courses for many Navy career routes - without this the recruitment would be much more hap-hazard and cost the country more money.
  4. ...more red, although the iPhone tends to show the red carbon wrap looking a bit orange! ...and wheel nuts, just calipers to do and some new centre caps, when I have the cash
  5. I think most people don't take the pi$$, when I got my leave back I had been working 6 years without a day off sick. Those that do are pretty obvious and can be dealt with.
  6. I didnt ask for the time back, the employer gave it back to me. Like I said, the paid hours are 37.5 per week - most people do around 45-50 at least and get paid for 37.5. I guess if you work on a production line you leave on time, in a service industry with global clients employers recognise the flexibility of employees to go on conference calls at 2am and the like so when it comes to giving some back, its usually done. Still, in a job with a clock in clock out approach I can see the issues.
  7. I have had a situation where I had annual leave and fell ill halfway through and came back early (glandular fever), my employers gave me the days back at their discretion. Then again, in my industry, employees do probably 3 or 4 full days extra work a month unpaid anyway so its the least they can do.
  8. coldel

    Wraptastic

    A rocky road you are on there my friend - I went wrap crazy this week, a little sneak preview... ...and I didnt stop there!
  9. ...parked in the next street
  10. ...it was more that they scoffed that new lines would improve breaking which I found concerning.
  11. ...made me chuckle anyway
  12. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-350z-veilside-spoiler-rear-wing-n-03-08-/230815353717
  13. You still got that aerial to sort out
  14. Mechanics that dont understand what braided brake lines do...be afraid
  15. aaaah, yeah my HKS came with the clips. Simple job of attaching them then jobs a good 'un.
  16. ...just a note on the subject, generally, its people that are ditch finders, not tyres
  17. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=46884 and some pictures on this post http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57512&hilit=brake+lines&start=15 and a post I started up when putting on my HKS lines (same as HEL)
  18. Loads of people on here have fitted HKS and HEL brake lines no problem. The garage needs to use the clips that came with the brake lines to secure them to the inside of the wheel brackets out the way of the wheels. Also, the OEM lines have screw in both ends, the HEL have a screw in one end and a loop and bolt the other end which attaches to the caliper. They will need to sand down the caliper area to make sure it is flat and flush against the bolt (you might have some corrosion there) so there is no leakage.
  19. ...I dont generally look on the Zeds for Sale section - and too lazy to go trawling through it now - but how many cars for sale generally are sold stock vs lots of upgrades? Do people generally buy them stripped back to stock or are they selling up with upgrades on when selling privately?
  20. Hey mate, hope things are well I would ask yourself the question, if someone hadn't approached you would you have considered Sales as a career route yourself? Have you been thinking about it? Is it something you have thought of in the past as something you reckon you would be good at? Might help you understand if you really want to do it or not. Its all good though, as someone said previously effectively being head hunted for a job role is great for your confidence and shows you are doing well in your current job. Clearly though, even if you didnt know it, you have wanted a move out and this has awakened that thought. Have you looked at all types of work around the company? Having great customer relationship skills isn't something which is only applicable to sales...
  21. Z badges on ebay Quick word of advice though, even though they arrive black, they will quickly discolour, so grab yourself a can of primer and black paint and do them again before you put them on to save the hassle of taking them off and doing it in 3 months time.
  22. I carbon vinyl wrapped the front grille on a previous car and within a day a stone ripped a 5mm hole right through it so had to have it patched up. Problem was that it was a chrome grille so stuck out a mile.
  23. ..I would think you would have to clear vinyl wrap the front though - the amount of holes that would tear through the vinyl on the front...
  24. ...I cant believe this thread has made 5 pages
  25. I think there is an element of intelligence when a manager can properly identify his players strengths and weaknesses and play to those strengths to succeed.
×
×
  • Create New...