Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. There is a non linear curve for refunds, I would guess it has to do with stopping people just taking out year long insurance and then just cancelling after a month in effect giving themselves cheap short term policies.
  2. I thought the quote was "TTRS remapped is bordering on GT-R fast", just making the point that a TTRS remapped can be almost as quick as a GT-R?
  3. Well done chaps - amazing work. Your neighbours must love you guys!
  4. coldel

    Next car?

    These older japanese cars are a bit of a minefield..might change tact, anyone driven a Mazda 6 MPS?
  5. This is tennis...
  6. I went to the OFAH convention this year as well with Rebecca and little Alfie, David J and Nick L werent there but all the others were - got a cool photo of us in the flat set it was hard to get near some of the actors but I dont think 'Trigger' was there. Bloke (cant remember the name of the character): So why do they call him trigger, is it because he always carrys a gun? Del: No, its because he looks like a horse
  7. Sure there must be a website, although I have watched every episode about 50 times so like trying to remember them! Del: We had denzil in goal, monkey harris in defence, we had camaraderie Trigger: Was that the Italian lad? Denzil: Its closed (they were outside Triggers recycling centre)! Delboy: You said it was open 24 hours! Trigger: It is, not at night though
  8. Just off the top of my head: "..and if its a boy (Delboys soon to be born child) they are going to call it Rodney, after Dave" Rodney puts on some classical music Trigger "whats this Dave" Rodney "its mozarts concerto number 5 in d major" Trigger "no words?" Rodney "no" Delboy walks in Delboy "whats this" pointing at the hifi Trigger "its mozarts concerto number 5 in d major....its the karaoke version"
  9. Having been to Melbourne a few years back to watch some of the Aussie open am aware of the heat it can get to, I think it was a balmy 30 degrees or so when I was there but it was still roasting! So for the tournament director to justify playing in 42 degrees he comes up with this: Dr Tim Wood, who is the tournament's chief medical officer, said "we do warn the players" about the heat and man "is adapted" to cope: "From a medical perspective we know that man is well adapted to exercising in the heat. "We evolved on the high planes of Africa chasing antelopes for eight hours under these conditions." Has someone mentioned to him that most of the players in the tournament were not born in Africa and their training does not generally involve chasing antelopes. Its generally looking ok in some cases (where people are not collapsing) at the moment as players get through 3 setters, but in the later stages when the top 24 come together and it turns into long 5 setters, not so sure it will be wise.
  10. I found the VX forum a bit, erm, polarising. On one hand I had a guy drive out to camberley with me to look a car over on a week night, he is also the time attack champ 2012 and 2013 in his supercharged VX and offered free track lessons for me in my VX! Also had a guy who spoke to me on the phone a number of times advising on cat d cars etc. Then on the other hand, there were people that when I put an opinion about pricing of VXs I had a couple of lads just spout a torrent of unwarranted abuse, ironically I met one of these guys (a long termer 10k+ posts and all that) at a meet and he was some 5 foot tall overweight glasses wearing tech nerd. I am no hard nut but he went all quiet and a bit white when I introduced myself. Sold my VX two months ago, haven't been back since.
  11. Passed away pancreatic cancer - very talented and funny guy
  12. Ekona+SMD! ...think I sold my Zed when I was on about 3000 posts
  13. Maybe it was a typo on the post? 'Getting her back to what she did have' would be getting it back to circa 260-270bhp at the flywheel, not 360+
  14. Yep, I had a milltek and berk HFC on my Zed with a remap, passed the mot emmissions. Just needed a nice warm up beforehand.
  15. Have a chat with some of the traders on here, CS, Tarmc, Clark, Redline etc who all can offer good advice. You should be able to drop them a PM with your needs or go straight to their websites... One of the best sounding Zeds I have heard is Wasso's which had standard back box and a decated motordyne XYZ Y pipe - stunning sound.
  16. I think the back box is fine, its the cat and y pipe that restrict. Most people swap out the exhaust as it tends to rust, although if yours is a new import it might be in good nick. Assuming you are going the turbo/supercharger route for 360-400bhp as a remap, spacer and intake will only gain you circa 10-20bhp on top of the 250bhp you have at the moment.
  17. I would guess the spray cost varies by place, by quality but also by the colour as a flat paint is bound to be cheaper than a multi layered metallic or the like. I am a fan of wrapping, but given the Zeds paper thin paint, I was always concerned about what would be left on if a wrap was removed. It is a strong adhesive so would it pull at the lacquer that is on the paintwork underneath? Also, when polishing my black Zed, I loved to get that mirror finish, most wraps wont get you that.
  18. Wraps are ok, but come sale time you will find a lot of wary buyers...I would go for the more expensive respray and go for a nice colour - midnight purple always a favourite of mine!
  19. ..what was the point?
  20. coldel

    Next car?

    Quite a nice ST205 popped up on ebay but they guy stuck it on as an auction annoyingly, just cant get down there for a view before it ends!
  21. Surely you have to go back with some coloured paints and paint something silly/vulgar on them...
  22. Periscope of a submarine that got a bit lost? Bizarre thing isn't it - I would definitely snap that lock off and have a look!
  23. I miss it
  24. Its not often found in Halfords etc so check online, but I always treat belts to some belt dressing periodically to keep them in good shape.
×
×
  • Create New...