Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Ah so the guy has just bolted the wheel on till it stopped against the caliper, there is a gap between the wheel and the hub?
  2. Not seat leon headlights? Not a seat leon?
  3. Would be great to have a teggie on the ownership list history Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. I think we are in here, play it cool trigger play it cool Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Absolutely I still crave a VX or Elise for the summer months! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. No writing on the tyres... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. I was going to say - small nuts?!
  8. coldel

    GT-Four

    Now with centre caps
  9. "Whatever you do don't mention the war, I think I might have said it once but think I got away with it"
  10. An episode of Red Dwarf called Queeg where the crew get treated like slaves by the ships computer Holly's replacement Queeg, Holly challenges Queeg and loses so has to get deleted. He disappears from the screens in a sad moment, the crew can't imagine their now future tormented life under Queeg, then Queeg disappears and Holly appears again and says 'We are talking Jape of the century, we are talking April May June and August fool, yes I am Queeg. And the morale of the story is don't take for granted what you got, because basically Im fantastic'
  11. Yes the S1 Elise's are on the rise you missed the boat in terms of getting them at bottom prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. You could have gotten an S15 Type R for £10k a few years back, I nearly bought one but opted for a VX220 instead - now as above quite pricey.
  13. A quick look here shows N9 to be classified as 'refer' which means your premium may vary based on who you speak to http://www.motorcari...ode-ratings.php Although funnily enough I live in Richmond, very expensive part of Surrey/London, and I am an E/F and very high risk postcode! I had my zed here when I was 36 with zero ncb and I paid around £500 I think it was.
  14. Used the AG stuff on the exterior of the car, all the rubber/plastic parts which have faded over the years and really makes a big difference.
  15. coldel

    GT-Four

    Maybe I should order some Volks stickers then - no one would be none the wiser - except the two or three people that read anything I post!
  16. coldel

    GT-Four

    I am trying not to put the stickers on, but can't ... help ... myself They are red
  17. coldel

    GT-Four

    Big update this week, change of wheels and tyres! Rota GTRs plus Vredestein Vortis 225/40/18 all round (Sorry Dan!). Rota's have silver face and polished lip and look great. Do have some Rota stickers still contemplating trying them. Thanks to Rarerims for the wheels, spigot rings and chrome valves - good service from Ben, would recommend them if you want quick responses over email. Need to decide what centre caps I want now...
  18. Even if it meant saving the life of children that were knocked up in the air today - they could have been killed. I for one value the future life of people over the independence of someone in their retirement. Seriously, I bet no-one would ever put it through the legal system even if the government could afford the cost! Also, imagine trying to take every potential child killer off the roads! Well, it would definitely improve congestion! I just treat every driver on the road, be it bike, car, lorry as dangerous!!! But thats the difference, there are people that choose to drive dangerously and could potentially kill people that way which is by and large something you cannot prevent, we are all capable of it. Then there are things which are very preventable like removing people from the road who clearly lack the capability to drive a car under any condition safely. That's the difference, and unfortunately as you get older you become less capable to operate a 1-2 tonne piece of machinery that is capable of 150mph safely because you physically cannot do it. Independence is irrelevant, its about demonstrating you have the capability to drive safely. If you cannot do this, you do not have the right to do it.
  19. Even if it meant saving the life of children that were knocked up in the air today - they could have been killed. I for one value the future life of people over the independence of someone in their retirement.
  20. We arent talking about OAPs that are a bit slow and annoying, we are talking about OAPs that arent safe to be behind the wheel and finish up driving into stuff, including people, and are potentially deadly. Exactly, I have no problem waiting and taking my time to pass elderly people on the road - its when they plow into men women and children on a pavement because they are physically well past the condition required to operate a vehicle. There are probably a couple of exceptional people out there that at 92 years old could drive a car to the level required to be safe on the road - I suspect the majority are not though.
  21. For me the difference is that young drivers make mistakes, most older drivers probably did when they were younger also. Young drivers tend to be bigger risk takers and hence the accident statistics because of that, but that is a choice. Older people by definition are likely to have a much higher issue with physical problems such as reaction speeds, vision, hearing etc. When my Grandad hit about 75 we ended up taking his keys off him, he was adamant he could drive and very pig headed about it but could barely see past his steering wheel and had so many near misses (only prevented by other good safe drivers avoiding him) we had to take action. He argued he had no accidents, but on the whole it was other people preventing him hitting them, rather than the other way around. As the Doc/Pete I think it was said, you wouldnt give a licence to someone who couldnt see more than 5 feet in front of them and couldnt reverse park, couldnt get out of third gear, so why is it ok to let people continue driving like this unchecked until they kill someone?
  22. Thats shocking sorry to hear that, why people choose to do this astonishes me.
  23. I think Petes point is the thing, yes you get young drivers driving like idiots but that is called breaking the law. There are unfortunately physical issues with elderly drivers that is not down to them and they are multiple times more likely to suffer - the young idiots that cause accidents in by and large not preventable, if they choose to do that. With older people taking exits onto the wrong side of a motorway because they can't see past the end of the car, or that their reactions are so slow that they have mounted a kerb before they even realise its happening, is completely preventable if they are tested for competency and physical capability.
  24. Now I am all for allowing older people independence to live out their lives, but not at the possible expense of others. Nobody should be driving around at 92 years old http://news.sky.com/story/1575056/elderly-driver-ploughs-car-into-shoppers
×
×
  • Create New...