Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. I hate these blue tooth modules on the Zed! I have 2 now so 1 of them can go on the sale page if I can find it. Should have gone to speck savers
  2. Trust you to throw a spanner in the works!!
  3. Speak to Mark at Abbey Motors. Do not attempt anything yourself. He will explain why. Unless 1000 forum members scream at you 1st.
  4. I pay exactly the same as you for my Zed and l am with AXA which is Swift. I have a claim though which l am regretting as it was a hit and run on my Pathfinder in Feb 2010. I should have got the work done private.
  5. Don't listen to him. He only wants you to go and change it so he can laugh at your antics? Never got to do mine. Just as I was about to gather up the tools, the wind started to howl. Nothing worse so I shall have a go in week. Now we're is the sale page I have 5 new tyres for sale so get ya money out everyone:)
  6. Not about the gap. My handbrake has 3 holes in it and my drill is to big for the car. I will be fine:)
  7. I need it for the holes. My drill is a tad to big for working in the car!
  8. Umm I think I shall have to pop over! To be honest, I only need the right tool. (A Dremmel) And l think it will be straigh forward enough to do. I am not stressing!!! £$%^&*()_+"£$%^&*()_"£$%^&*()_
  9. Are you saying that Graham and dave are giving up there Sunday to fit handbrakes! Now there's dedication!
  10. Tha car is fantastic mate. You have done yourself proud:)
  11. I think out of all the pictures I have seen on here. This has to be the picture of the year!
  12. Thats a nice car. How do you upload a large group of pictures like that? Everytime I try I keep being told to crop to a silly size! Peter
  13. Nice engine cover:)
  14. 4RE Leather

    peeved

    Taras spent hrs on it and in the end it was a bum steer. It came out of the mold distorted and 7mm difference from one end to the next. So we decided not to fit it but Carbon wrapp the OEM one instead. Umm plus the wing mirrors/Door handles and pillers. And black matted the front and rear badges. So I did come away feeling a lot better:) Not so much for the weekend. I went to change the gear boot and after fiddling about for ages wondering why it would not fit I took the panel indoors where I had more room. Then I found out what the problem was. There is a distinct difference in the holes and i am guessing that this might be because in the pictures on redline's site they show a metal collar. Mine has a plastic one, so maybe they changed the boot mount on the 2006-2009 as well? Then I could not remember if the bulge bit faced the back of the car of front and I really lost the plot. In the panel whilst in my house, it sat great and looked the dogs. But when fitting I lost it big time and had to walk away. Bottom line is I took the Nissmo gear lever off and put the OEM back on because l need to cut about 1" off the leather to give it that height instead of the puckered up look that it had with the Nissmo, about 6 hrs poncing about in all. The morral of the story is:- Make sure that if you buy one, you mention that the holes are different on a 2005 onwards, otherwise you might end up in a mental Hospital!
  15. Are they easy to fit on and what colour do they come in pls:) Those ones in the picture look like my colour! Regards _Peter
  16. Spill!!
  17. I thought yours was grey!!
  18. Mod my Handbrake pls:) My Dremmel and all the bits are stored at my mates 230miles away from when I moved. Well peeved. Can do the gear one but don't somehow think my 24v portable drill is small enough:(
  19. I think it might be we are to eager to get on with the job and we are easy targets. Best to use the traders on the forum and pay that little bit extra from now on for me
  20. Like banging my head against a brick wall. I don't know. What I know is I sent him an email saying what Taras told me and that I would be returning it under "Item not as described" Paypal will give me the £180 I paid but not what i have to pay Taras of my wasted fuel and day. Thats the 2nd time some evil pig has got one over on me. The 1st was a set of spacers. lovely spacers but not the easy fit as led to believe. No these were the ones that you had to take the callipher off and disk as the studs had to be changed. Fine if you have the tools and in good health. I got 2 sets off easy fit from So I have the others back on ebay for £80. Well worth it as they were £120 new and these have never been fitted. Once Mark at Abbey has installed the Supercharger I am giving him the task of all maintainance and servicing etc. I have found out again the hard way that it's best to pay out 1st time to the experts then try and get it done on the cheap. At the end of the cheap always lays a conman. If these guys that sold me these items are Zed owners they could be members on here. How tempting it would be to name and shame them:)
  21. Well I have just had a kick in the teeth. I took the Seban carbon new spoiler i got of ebay and took it to Taras and it does not fit. There is a 1cm gap. I got it from a bloke in Chatham and ebay say it came from states and no return policy so they won't help. I quite rightly have to pay Taras the time he spent on it so I am over £300 out of pocket. Thats a lesson to me not to ever buy anything of Value on ebay?
  22. I think the lads said be careful. 5/8th is the sise you need. So it's a dremmel or the like or junior hacksaw or even a small file. This is the one job that has to be right 1st time and I am usually good at this, but even I am wavering on this one:)
  23. We might be talking cross purposes. I like you have yet to do the handbrake lever, and have a simular one to yours, Richbrook. That 2 has 3 holes for Grub screws and a collar. The hardest thing I guess is aligning everything and drilling the holes. I need a small baby hand drill. I might just find someone who has fitted them b4 like Graham as it's worth my time to pay someone else. If not I shall print off the instructions and pictures and give it a go. Peter
  24. Thanks for that. I am a bit like you but keep spending all my money on my Zed. By the time I have finished i could have bought the Ferrari 456 i wanted in the 1st place. But somehow I don't thing it would be as reliable as the Zed. And i know that when you use Ferrari Chat you have to have a suit on Lol.
  25. I think you will be fine doing the handbrake. Just make sure you have the right tools, look at the pictures from Graham. If your warm and have no distractions you should be fine. Says me the most tempermental person I know:)
×
×
  • Create New...