-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
And not a Skoda anywhere to be found lol.
-
Daily encounters umm -Dip/Andrew I think if you guys could update the leather cleaning page and we might have to give the whole post a decent title. As there are several projects going on at the same time. As its all part of of the process. I will go and upload the pictures of what the knackerd Land Cruiser leather looked like prior to the start and then maybe you guys can take it over with the stage pictures! We will be doing a full re colour to conclude the land Cruiser at a later date and hopefully the the Red Bentley leather restoration. thanks for your help today guys and the Dog Roll:) Peter
-
You changed you didp dip to bounty coconut lol:) What amazed me is the amount of looks the Zed gets over cars in higher car brackets. Going to get some of the others On the SLZ site you 2. Steve and Spurs ect and some others in coulsdon l believe. membership is limited but it's impossible to be barred lol Didn't understand a word of that. Are you sober? Results of far to much Steroid and Morphine finally mad me bonkers lol:) let me know if you reach a different conclusion lol
-
Good reply. I do tend to go over the top on presentation. It's the army Barry in me and never go anywhere without a leather refurb kit and Meguiars polish and a whole load of microfiber cloths. It might be an OCD trait but if you see the car I put on thenoname leather cleaning page you will see the finish that a patient DlY with some study can achieve. But I like a nice shiny car. Not sure that silver was the right choice due to the hardship in getting the glass finish. But how can l have grubby leather and crap bodywork and declare myself a competent leather refurbisher lol.
-
Its registered at DVLA as a bentley tourer registration date 14/04/1928 4398cc but its not the 4 1/4 blown. £100k on a very good day but not much over £70k in the current climate at a guess. I wouldnt kick it out though!
-
You changed you didp dip to bounty coconut lol:) What amazed me is the amount of looks the Zed gets over cars in higher car brackets. Going to get some of the others On the SLZ site you 2. Steve and Spurs ect and some others in coulsdon l believe. membership is limited but it's impossible to be barred lol
-
Quite a few have done that l believe!
-
Indeed and l was blinded at 1st. Budget has to be the major factor. But to echo the words of girnet. It becomes a bug and b4 long your wallet is empty lol.
-
You are oh course quite right, But it takes a special team to sing from the same hymn sheet all the time:)
-
What about if your on a walking stick with Chronic pain syndrome lol?
-
I knew nothing about cars when I got my Zed, quite happily paid for pros to do stuff - but then tried a few things myself which I knew were reversible if I ballsed up and realised it wasn't that bad. Personally, I think if you want to mod a car, its all part of the enjoyment doing the simple things yourself...but agreed his original post said he doesnt want to. Maybe l should refraze my bedroom cowboys to unscrupulous ebay sellers pretending to be Uk sellers but operating out of Hong kong. Think we all get mugged when we 1st start.
-
yes well done mate. Awsome fuel prices for 99 oct as Shell V-max or power cost me 146 yesterday. Incidently seeing as someone mentioned MPG. Since I had the GTM suoer charger fitted I noticed the MPG on the computer climb dramatically. It actually said on a 105 mile trip my average speed was 47 MPH and my Average MPG was 60. Surely this cant be right although I have to admit if i drive like a granny it goes a loy further than b4. Sorry for high jmping the thread and good luck with the mods as you know you wanna:)
-
Your right Steve. you got closer to the fish taking the bait lol
-
Must have missread the sign as its John Bradshaw. ;;
-
That Sealant bites so watch ya eyes. It might be best you run it up to mine and l will show you. You numpty Spurs loving Rednapp hope miricle working leather loving pilchard:)
-
Thats because there is a years supply of reading on tyre upgrades in its own section. And last time a thread got out of order we were politely reminded to the efforts and time that members had taken to write down there experience. I am pulling out of this thread and its no longer about the guy wanting help but penis size again
-
Just to add it has been proven that if you replace the panel filter for a high flow one the results for £30 are better than an induction kit. At what ever price they are. Mind you an HR box would help. I have 2 lol sitting in the wardrobe with new filters in.
-
Agreed but beware of the Bedroom Cowboys. make sure the seller knows there stuff. And Abbey spend a great deal of time on here giving free no strings attached advice. As do others but seldom get thanks. What I have learnt about Abbey and AMD is a lot of peeps take the cheap option and then the cars end up at the pros to be put right. I certainly agree with the Brakes being on the list but not the 1st item. As the guy said in his post. Please l know nothing do not baffle me with science. So folks ignore what he put and start throwing foreign language at him. The guy said he has no Mechanical knowledge. Bit like Andrew "Clown" not even owning a screwdriver! I was like him last year and got bombarded to the point i wanted to jump of beachy head. I emailed both Ben from AMD and Mark from Abbey as I know people who have used both. I went with Mark as personal choice as he took the time and trouble to explain things in English at times after midnight. Also I wanted something that no one else had done at the time. Put the GTM supercharger on a RHD Zed. So dam obvious I am going to sing his praises especially as they make good coffee. You name one person that has ever had a problem with Abbey that has gone back and not had it put right free of charge, and more often when it was the owners fault not Abbey. As mature adults we can agree to disagree. Could be worse piston heads forum members have punch ups lol:) Not sure what part of the Country this guy lives in but lets help him eh:)
-
And anyone that says fully loaded. Sounds like Essex pikeys Find someone that has a decent car and find out where they got it. there are lists of where to go and what not to do. Its all in the terminology.
-
If it had a tunes exhaust. de-cats pelham chamber and up-rev would that get it up to 320bhp? I do not know as even with my limited knowledge I cant see it much past the 286bhp mark? Some time sellers try to play things up to help the sale. At the end of the day if you like it then it doesn't matter what we think. Go get it:)
-
No doubt clocked up following the Spurs!
-
I have a silverline Rotary used twice with some pads for sale £50 pick up. But to be honest you need to reserch as most people will tell you that what ever one you have theres is best. By popular vote the best in the field used to be the proffesional ones that had a 110 transformer. But now meguires have bought out the DA220 you cant go wrong. Go onto this web site and they give you all the instruction videos and pdf beginners guide. This is what i just got from them http://www.monzacarcare.com/machine-pol ... ete-kit/0/ But you dont need it all, I have done a few cars and have a load more to do. The results can be seen in the gallery. Dont go mad and buy the USA tins of prize winning wax though. they start off at £145 and go up to the japanese £2,200. No thats not a miss print. The fun part about owning a nice car is the amount of work you can do your self. Monza are detailing experts and share our passion and love of cars. I have only been dealing with them for a week and I have had so many freebies already my shelving is maxed out. DA is the only way to go in my book but I am but one person. The results of my car show for them selves. Ask Andrew (Clown) how i took out deep scratches in 15 mins from his boot using Chrome exhaust polish:) I am no expert as leather is my field. But the 458 on my facebook page and the Aston martin belong to one of my customers. Thenoname This is the post I sent but got no reply:)
-
I was also the one who recommended the 2 step system and introduced you to Monza. And contacted them earlier on your behalf.
-
The face was for my dislike of the Rotary Machine. Not for your post. Purely because l have seen 1st hand what could happen if your mind was not on the Job. Having seen a pro burn a Ferrari! Had I wanted to insult you I would not have offered you a almost new one for sale.