garetgax
Members-
Posts
308 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by garetgax
-
mini-bus= = .............sounds good to me . Only joking but it would be nice to have a couple of beers during the day so minibus would be good assuming everyone else is happy for mini-bus as well.
-
Welcome
-
keyser spot on. Personally Id say buy an decent R34 now and keep saving for the next 2-3 years once youve grown tired of the R34, R35's will have come down in cost and you'll be sitting pretty as the 34 will probably still be worth close to what you paid for it. If I had another 10k sitting in my pocket right now thats what id do.
-
Blue flame make good quality kit as well,I had one on our ST185 GT4 a few years back.
-
well ive asked the question of the seller so we will see.
-
K Sport - whats peoples thoughts ??
garetgax replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
I can vouch that Bren is sound and for suspension id consider BC's rather the k-sport. I bought a lot of the handling parts for my sprint impreza from Bren and always top service and decent value for money. I can give him a buzz if there is interest etc. On the brakes front whilst k-sports are decent kit and are a lot cheaper than AP's you cant compare the 2 imho AP's are a the real deal and have far less flex basically you need an 8 pot k sport to do the same work as a 6 pot AP kit. As I said though k-sport kit isnt rubbish and is pound for pound a decent option. Shame the ap's in my garage arent for 350z's . -
Martin if its the last donny show actually at donny I remember it well. It snowed on the Friday coming up if I remember I was cleaning and polishing our evo in the snow:p before we left. My neighbours thought I was barmy. Went to Asda that night and there were poor old boy racers who were camping buying everything under the sun that would keep them warm . Fortunately we were staying in the local premier lodge. The day was freezing though:p. I looked at the same site for the weather and it said it would be 15 degrees on the 8-14 day forecast for the 24th and 25th so who knows what itll actually be. Anyhow a few beers and Im sure none of us will feel anything anyhow
-
. Vik54 +1 2. Paulie +1 3. The G Man +1 4. NeilP+1 5. Ricey + Carla 6. Garetgax + 1
-
Japspeed drift Subaru stolen from Santa pod
garetgax replied to Michael robinson's topic in Off Topic Discussion
shows the complete ineptitude of our police force. The whole of the M1 and M25 are both camera controlled. It doesnt take much to notify the camera centres that theres a stolen 100k equivalent of supercar with no insurance etc that isnt exactly difficult to spot. The risk to the general public alone should have been enough. This car couldve been found and stopped very quickly but due to the fragmented nature of our police nothing gets done. rant over. Hope it gets found and the scrots get life. More likely they'll get a weekend away at centreparks. -
I can join the M1 at j26 so could meet for the final bit at trowell.
-
paid for mine last night mrs cant come as shes working
-
Have to say having owned the zed for 6 months now Im in the same boat. love it to look at and how it sounds but from a sheer driveability point of view its a bit of a disappointment. In fact id go a bit further and say its a lot of a disappointment. Ok to be fair the last car was a road/sprint 400/400 classic impreza so maybe not fair to compare but all the same the impreza before a conrod let go gave a grin every time i drove it on and off the road and on the road at legal speeds (well almost) and when I say almost I really do mean it. I dont want another impreza not ever and dont want another evo either as quite frankly there proper money pits so the question really is do I just put up with the zed being soooooo slow or do what? I know that really also means suspension upgrades and if for example the zed was FI are the brembo's enough? Ive already seen that basic mods to the na engine really dont give much bang for your£ so already coming to terms with the fact the zed is not designed to be quick just to be nice to look at.
-
Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants
garetgax replied to MITZ@CougarStore's topic in Servicing
I can concur on 1146ben's suggestion of TRD as we've dealt with Ian at TRD in the past he serviced and tuned our MR2 and GT4 and he is a first class mechanic and generally decent guy. didn't realise he looked after other models but for general servicing I know he'll do a decent job. Our zed is due for its P1 and will be giving Ian a call as £223.00 for a basic service is daylight robbery. Unless theres a nissan specialist round our way I think well be sending our zed to Ian. -
we will try to get there but wont know till july as depends on michelles shifts. Worst case I'll nip over during the day on one of the days as its only 40 mins from where we live etc.
-
Stunny car. GLWTS . have to agree with the comments re the zed might feel a bit slow. Versus our 400/400 classic impreza our Zed does feel slow but the zed is a far nicer car and far less trouble in general. All depends on what you want I suppose. The Mrs likes the zed me id rather an FQ or decent r32/33 to track.
-
Martin can you PM me the contact info for who will have the tickets etc as we wont get them till after 8.30 etc.
-
Martin thanks. Much appreciated will try and get there as early as poss so we don't disrupt the stand too much etc.
-
Will it be a major prob if we get there after 8.00 as its close to a 3hr drive for us and shell is working friday so cant really even come down the night before? Will aim to get there for 8.ish if we can which still means an early start .
-
we'll be there as its 25 mins
-
Can you add me and the mrs (graham and Michelle) well be camping
-
2 tickets please -1 stand pass and no track time . My life wouldn't be worth living if I tracked the Zed.
-
Ours is the mrs Daily driver and occasionally my weekend car. Her commute is only 16 miles round trip and thats only 13 shifts a month. Wish I could afford to replace my sprint scoob as well as have the zed though as will miss sprinting and track days this year and the zed aint going near a track except to look pretty.
-
Cheers had a look and yes 98ron. TBH have only put v power or excellium in it anyhow so will prob stick to putting v power in it although theres a few tesco 99 stations round my way as well.
-
When we picked the zed up 3 weeks ago had 40 miles left before empty £85.00. Ive never had such a big smile on my face handing over £85.00 as I looked over at the car all shiney under the garage lights. Bet the attendant thought smug git . Since then not let it drop below a quarter so the hit isnt so bad £65.00 with v power last fill up. On a slightly seperate note what is the score with filling up with normal unleaded on a uk zed thats not remapped? Im assuming there mapped for 95 ron? Would only put normal fuel in if Im pottering around though.