Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Agree with your argument Pete but I guess you don't claim JSA. You'll be on incap benefit or ESA I should imagine? Thats what I'm on about - people get their knickers in a twist about people who are claiming JSA but they're actually talking about people (usually large families from poor socio-economic backgrounds - if we're getting the tar brush out) who take advantage of the system by claiming multiple lucrative benefits for either situations they've created for themselves or have near enough been born into. JSA is a pittance - its not enough to live off never mind have a jolly on.............not that I've ever claimed it but I've seen those that have first hand.
  2. Boggo JSA claimant assuming they are not able to home themselves elsewhise will get; JSA - £71.80 per week (£56.80 if under 25) Council tax benefit (which is a bit of a misleading statement..........just means they don't pay it). Housing benefit - IRO £256 per month (enough to rent a room in a house or pay for a hostle). Can you honestly say that your 'average' person claiming JSA is living the life of Reilly on what amounts to £286 per month? That covers your utility bills, water rates, phone (if you can afford one), transport, food, fags, alcohol, drugs ETCETC I'm not saying that there aren't people who abuse the system but seriously JSA cannot be seriously viewed as a preferrable lifestyle that people will chose over working! People are getting wound up about the wrong demographic - its the family who are all on ESA or disability because the parents have abused their body until they are unable to move and their 12 kids all have asthema or ADHD who get the carers allowance, masses of housing benefit because of the numbers in the household, council tax exemption........and on and on and on. Even smack rats are probably classed as diabled because they're addicts. You absolutely, catagorically CANNOT live a comfortable lifestyle on JSA unless someone else is propping you up (i.e a kid who lives with mam/dad and uses his JSA for a bit of a tear up each weekend).
  3. Please understand that I'm no great advocate of paying people to sit around doing nothing but I think your talking about a very specific group of people and not just the general public. A person on JSA gets way way less than is needed to 'survive'. A person creaming benefits after they've got a gateway benefit (usually when quite seriously ill or laden with a pack of sprogs) is potentially getting enough to 'survive'......and I use that word loosely. Looking at it on the flips side the whole thing is broken though. Take my mate..........I swear to God this is true. He was made redundant this year and got a redundo pay out of about 5k. He has at LEAST 50k savings in the bank and he drives a 21k Audi TTS. He's signing on at the moment (quite rightly as he's paid into the system all of his working life). He doesn't need the money by any stretch of the imagination but he's entitled to it so he claims. The people we get most 'annoyed' about tend not to be on JSA - I think you'll find they are the people who are off on long term sick (but we either don't understand or acknowledge there sickness - perhaps because on occasion its self inflicted), claiming for chavvies they can't afford. The benefits you can get are astonishing. This is a list of all benefits available from a .gov website. Attendance Allowance Back to Work Bonus Bereavement Payment Child Benefit Child's Special Allowance Child Tax Credit Cold Weather Payments, see also Winter Fuel payment Council Tax Benefit Constant Attendance Allowance Disability Living Allowance Income related Employment & Support Allowance Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance Guardian's Allowance Housing Benefit Incapacity Benefit Income Support Industrial Injuries Benefit Invalidity Benefit PAyments out of the Social Fund In-work emergency discretion fund payment In-work emergency fund payment Maternity Allowance Payments out of the Social Fund Pensioner's Christmas Bonus State Pension credit Reduced Earnings Allowance Retirement Allowance Return to work credit, including the self-emp credit Severe Disablement Allowance War Widow's pension Winter Fuel payment Working Tax Credit.
  4. 76 quid a week I think?
  5. In his speech to the party conference in Manchester, the chancellor is expected to say that while the government will not "abandon" the long-term unemployed, no-one will be able to get something for nothing. This sort of statement does annoy me as well you know..............if a hard working tax payer claims JSA because they are made unemployed they are not getting 'something for nothing'. They're getting something for the 10's of thousands of pounds they've paid in taxes over the years. A scrotter who has paid nothing into the system but is 'terminally unemployed' (often confused with 'bone idle' but happy to slag off a Polish bloke who'll bust his arse working 12 hours a day that said scrotter wont) IS getting something for nothing.
  6. Whilst I agree with it in essence I think there needs to be more of a carrot to psychologically get doleites out of the mindset of 'I've been getting money for nowt, now I've got to graft for the same money'. Maybe load it a little bit for those that do work - lets face litter picking and cleaning graffiti etc are going to be crap jobs that actually do a decent service to the community. Dole (JSA I assume this relates to?) is a pittance - it tends to be the people who are milking other benefits who are happy on benefits. I don't know many people who are 'happy' to live off £260 odd quid a month to be honest. Thankfully by making myself unemployed I won't be able to find out........and I'd rather it stayed that way!
  7. Very closely guarded.......it'll be a 2002 Renault Megane convertible
  8. Cheers Neily .....sorted
  9. Custom made? Then you can have it however you like.
  10. No one on here wants a derv No one on here wants an Audi No one on here wants a derv Audi for 15k But none the less I feel compelled to at least put the link up.................feel free to pass it on if you know anyone who may be interested http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309289013567/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/model/tt/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/60/page/2/postcode/ch35jy?logcode=p
  11. I must admit I had it down as one of those 'so hard you'll all die but in reality its a bit of a muddy fun run' type things............then I saw the video of people passing out after being electroctued in the face - my opinion changed rather rapidly.
  12. Christ........HellRunner was pretty tough in fairness. Moreso because of the cold than anything - we were stood neck height in a freezing lake for 40 minutes due to some sort of bugger up. Other than that I think it would have been 'fairly' easy. As it was I said I'd never do it again (......I'm doing it again in 4 weeks). I think there will be 2 of us doing it which I guess is enough to consititue a team?
  13. Might have a cheeky last minute entry to the North West one a week Sunday. Anyone done it and have any likeness comparison? Did HellRunner last year which is sort of similar - same distance but more wading through bogs and swamps etc. Fitness wise I'm on or around half marathon standard road running and can lift reasonable weights in the gym (not that you could tell).................by reasonable I don't mean anywhere near the Neil's of the world but I can bench at least my own body weight. Any thoughts or tips.
  14. The gayest Barry Boys in the village :wink:
  15. I was getting a pair of rear Falken 452's on the rear for under £140 and this was on the OEM 17's (much better wheel than the OEM 16's) so I don't consider that expensive at all. The fronts will last two sets, even more, of rears. Due to the significant lack of torque compared to the Nissan, the tyres will last you longer and cost you less - generally. Fairpoint - I was forgetting they're smaller. Even so it still means slatting money at the car when the purpose is to free money up.
  16. Unless you want to experience an S2000 I don't really see the point. Running costs a grim just like the zed. Parts will be mid price like the Zed. Running an S2000 on ditch finders when its a less forgiving car than the zed would be foolish so you'll end up spending a truckload on decent rubber. If your not freeing up decent amounts of cash and don't specifically want to try one then I wouldn't bother.
  17. Threaten a sex ban
  18. If it wasnt so tragic it would be hilarious in fairness.........you pulled up in a black cab and twatted a cyclist into your own parked car, she calls you a typical man, says her life is falling apart. You couldn't write it Obviously I feel your pain but it has otherwise made me chuckle on a miserable day. I can just imagine the resigned look of utter 'why me' on your face as she flew through the air!
  19. He's only had the car for a short time, we have no idea of the cars history. Just as good as buying from someone from off the forum. But rules is rules............and he complies with them. Besides which it 'looks' well looked after and is a pretty reasonable price. When you think of some of the shite you see on autotrader and fleabay its hardly poses a massive risk. I'll always hark back to the cautionary tale of 'Cal' who bought his zed of 'Dene8'...........Dene had about a billion posts.........Zed had about a gnats ejaculate worth of oil..........engine had about a 12 mile shelf life. Forum does not automatically = bullet proof.
  20. Ricey

    Fuel caps

    about as appealing as big foots dick
  21. Why don't you just buy cheap stock and mod yourself?
  22. Bit too specific really mate - chances of a car coming up in that exact spec with that exact mods is nigh on zero. As for the money - its that specific it'd just be a finger in the air. I was talking turkey before as well - autotrader would think it had 313 BHP on that import........which makes the 'assumption' that the seller figures it will now have 330 with just an intake even more likely.
  23. The year will be determined by autotrader because its an import - it'll be a 2003 imported in 2009. I don't think it looks too bad - BHP is dreaming and the price is about a grand or 2 thick but I don't reckon thats a bad car considering the mods and a new clutch in the mix. So, yes, it turns out that it was imported in 2009. The guy has read the mileage off his dash so it has done a lot less than the 77k he stated as it was converted to mph on import. As for the power, he has no evidence of the power but reckons it's between 315 and 330 as it's quicker off the mark than a friend's car, but the only mod is an induction kit and what sounds like a D1 throttle controller. The thing is, it's not clear why it would be the 300bhp engine in the first place so the power sounds a complete work of fiction (the woman that sold it to him told him it was 330bhp). And, finally on price, just a couple of hundred reduction, so not really playing ball. Ill tell you exactly why. Because autotrader thinks its a 2009car which would have a 300 bhp engine which means whatever mongtard sold it to him did the exact same thing and said 'well its 300 stock and the induction kit box says that it adds 15-30 bhp ergo I now have a 330 bhp car' Sadly reality said 'you have a 276 with a flat spot in the acceleration due to heat soak'!!!
  24. Good finish........be interested to see how it wears over time.
×
×
  • Create New...