-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Nuke entire site from orbit..........it's the only way to be sure
-
Not what it means round your neck of the woods. I think a chav (chavvie) daaaaaan saaaaafff is a young kid. Up north is a hoodie wearing member of the underclass who will usually be equipt with a cheap bag of weed, track suit, probably a very blunt knife from his mums kitchen draw and a truly horrendous STI riddled 'Julie' on his arm. They will usually be sporting the local ner do well accent regardless of where they live. For example a chav from chester will have a plastic scouse accent. They are cretins of the first order. Read the thread title again. Now give yourself a massive whoosh parrot. Dan over time I've really grown to like you.......but grammar nazis are twats........third dan twats of the great order of twuntdom
-
Not what it means round your neck of the woods. I think a chav (chavvie) daaaaaan saaaaafff is a young kid. Up north is a hoodie wearing member of the underclass who will usually be equipt with a cheap bag of weed, track suit, probably a very blunt knife from his mums kitchen draw and a truly horrendous STI riddled 'Julie' on his arm. They will usually be sporting the local ner do well accent regardless of where they live. For example a chav from chester will have a plastic scouse accent. They are cretins of the first order.
-
Its more of an upper chav class chav car to be honest. You see a lot being picked up and shifted onvery quickly when the running costs rear their head. It does have a chav following though im afraid.......symptom of being a cheap very fast car to buy.
-
On the positive side this is a good thing.......all the bad luck is out of the way
-
Lolwtfbbq Someone can't read a press release' date=' can they? Why on earth would a manual car have a dual-clutch?! Much better link, from PH So yeah, it's a manual or a dual-clutcher. And for $250,000, you'd have to be bonkers. 50k amazing 250k crazy......like eat your own underwear crazy
-
Good Christ! Your missus must have kittens with you.
-
Drop links as best described as the sound of a metal ball bearing being dropped on a piece of wood I always thing. Sort of a dull clonk.
-
Looks a really nice but boggo car. Low miles which is good, crappy private plate but might be worth a quid or 2, 12 months MOT and 6 months warranty.......gives you a small piece of mind I guess. March in with 5.5k or less and see what happens. You can always change out the interior, stick Rays on it, put a V1 spoiler on if you want to tart it up.
-
Again I don't see the problem? It's like in mario kart where you get that golden mushroom. You only have it for ten seconds so you use it constantly. Tbh I think it's good that they are honest? If I was resigning I would even ask for leave because I'd be leaving soon? A quarter of a year when you've resigned due to their actions (or lack of)? That's a bit of a thin description of 'soon' in my eyes dude! If I wasn't happy I wouldn't hang around. It's just opertunitues your missing whilst wasting 1/4 of a year. Just suppose we have a different outlook. Listen blocky you're absolutely right but honestly I'm a worrier......a big worrier but one who takes massive balls risks (see Merc purchase that you so kindly advised on! Lol). It's not conducive to a relaxing lifestyle I can tell you!
-
Again I don't see the problem? It's like in mario kart where you get that golden mushroom. You only have it for ten seconds so you use it constantly. Tbh I think it's good that they are honest? If I was resigning I would even ask for leave because I'd be leaving soon? A quarter of a year when you've resigned due to their actions (or lack of)? That's a bit of a thin description of 'soon' in my eyes dude!
-
Basically your a risk to the business or unable to carry out your role effectively. Both of which I stressed that I was and couldn't in my resignation letter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_leave
-
Ah you might be missing the fact that I'm buggering off to Oz on the 6th December. BTW I have literally no interest in any tribunals/law stuff etc. that's just suggestions that people are making to reassure me that I'm relatively safe
-
I've already worked half of it! I have 6 weeks, 28 working days remaining of a 13 week notice period. It's not like my toys came out on day one. I handed over to my replacement then they dumped this project on me that just so happens to have a deadline exactly the date that I leave. The (verbal) response I received to gardening leave was 'if I'm paying you then I'm having something out of you'.........an understandable but rather course way of relaying it I thought!
-
Its not quite that simple. I can't just leave without being paid. My plans are rather precariously balanced and losing around 5k in wages puts a rather large hole in them. Fair enough but do you need that 5k that much that your stressed out because of it? Could you not just find another job till then that would make you about 5k? Sadly not..........I'm very overpaid
-
Literally any of the senior managers and a ruck of very senior people who've left over the years AND practically anyone who works for the client will give me a reference without a shadow of a doubt. Got docs appt on Friday. I'll see what she/he has to say. Sad way to bow out after 7 years but as Tom Cruise said in Cocktail........'Jesus, everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end'
-
Ah Big G beat me too it! It's my own stupid fault anyway I guess but I still think its a huge overreaction
-
Its not quite that simple. I can't just leave without being paid. My plans are rather precariously balanced and losing around 5k in wages puts a rather large hole in them.
-
I'm sure it will mate. When I highlighted the stress problem in the department and recommended a risk assessment was carried out (as per the health and safety course we had just been told to complete) my boss forwarded my email onto HR backing up the recommendation.......they immediately contacted the head of site......he called my boss over and asked him if he 'was a ****ing idiot'. I quit 3 days later to the tune of a 2 page resignation letter begging for gardening leave as I was a risk to the business and felt that my health would not hold out for the duration of the 3 month notice period (I offered to do a short handover to my replacement though) Not one single acknowledgement from senior management or HR.
-
Germans Actually it's a uk company with a German client. I used to work for the Germans and then was offloaded to this lot. My captions was 'refuse gardening leave eh? Let's see what our German client makes of this on Monday :-D'..........anyone would think I clubbed a baby seal to death whilst goose stepping in an SS uniform!
-
To be honest they would be absolutely mentol if they try to sack me - Walk away with notice period wound down - Dismiss and have potential unfair dismissal claim headed inbound. Not rocket science is it especially given the total dereliction of care that I've pointed out time and time again regarding ill health and stress in the company. Regardless I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of even setting a foot over the front door so I don't see me returning to that office before the end if my notice.
-
Exactly what I wrote on here near as dammit
-
Meh.....just one of those things. I still don't really see what the problem is?! I haven't made any defamatory or derogatory comments but fair enough if that's the interpretation of it. Probably and idea if I edit this one really.
-
Exactly. Excellent, excellent point sir. More to the point, that shows very poor management on their part. Why give something that important to someone who's leaving? It's just a massive risk they don't need to take, especially if you don't finish it before you leave. I would relax and not worry about it so much, as long as you are working 9-5 then there's very little they can do or expect. Are you relying on a good reference? Potentially when I get back from Oz next March. Apparently they only give very basic references anyway. Re what Vik asked I rather naively out that pic on FB with that caption......apparently what I deem to be a light hearted joke they deem to be gross misconduct. I'm off sick at the moment because it's tipped an already stressed out head to full scale anxiety attacks etc. Got docs on Friday......I don't see a return to the office at any point at this point.
-
All good points. Pretty tough with a quarter of a year notice period though. Bare minimums difficult to do when they fail to acknowledge any of the stress your under and subsequent impact on your health that you've laid out in your 2 page resignation letter and instead give you a high profile, high pressure project to finish right up to the day you leave.