-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
I'd probably stand to get a right bollocking from the Revenue for not telling them about our rental property but given that its been nothing but a cash sinkhole and not turned a penny of profit in 3 years I've not seen the point! I looked into being a self emp consultant a while back (until I realised no one would pay for what I know ) and the tax breaks you get for being a LTD company/offsetting expenditure ETC are fricking awesome.......provided you can stay out of IR35
-
Its a brave man who puts his number out in an open forum You might need to get a company bank account set up ETC. A decent accountant tends to be a good one stop shop for setting you up with all you need and ensuring you make the best of any tax offsets your entitled too. Good luck
-
Plenty wanting to buy rays at the moment..........Slimjim appears to be in the market for a set shortly. Attakz alloys are 20's though.
-
Hello all, sports car lover looking for a 350Z.
Ricey replied to Waitey's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
.......and a Range Rover Vogue??? .......your not related to The Grand Old Duke of York are you? -
Hell no! Nearly as bad as that gash awful dash kit I found on ebay with the giant Z on the cubby!
-
Happy birthday dude! Husky I lost a bit of wee after reading that!
-
Long time lurker **Update zed bought with pics**
Ricey replied to Richyfingers's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
motor! -
Only true petrol heads experience the joy and anguish of owning an Alfa
-
Well its got to hasn't it - if you keep making white collar work more and more complicated but allow dumber and dumber people to be in charge. It used to be a joke that you had to have no common sense to be successful in a company......now its an absolute fact - provided you nod your head up and down your on a fastrack to glory. Its no coincidence that stock brokers and other high pressure ilk jack it all in to go and retrain as gas engineers and chippys.........less pressure (of the conventional kind) and more job satisfaction. I do enjoy messing around with cars.............problem is I'm a proper liability at it!! I dunno I watch 1 episode of 'Wheeler Dealers' on the Discovery Channel and look what I've caused!
-
Shamefully I didn't. I didn't have access to the computer so tried to remember Huskys highly useful guide and I nipped to Focus and got some wire wool.......I got home and realised he used varying grades of sandpaper and not wire wool.......then I remember what a useless git I am and put the wire wool in a draw where it would be safe away from me and the exhaust. Roll after roll of Bounty was used instead
-
I'll let you know on Tuesday ......Greeny said he liked the noise but not the look. NeilP absolutely loves his - he's got De-cats on too.
-
Basically I'm a casualty of my generation, normally people would just be content to wait until they get older and reach economic maturity but apparently as one of Blairs children I've got to go and make my fortune or I'm just another office drone bum. Of course the only other acceptable alternative to this is to quit everything and go 'travelling' (codeword for spunk the last of your cash on a Da Nang hostel and return home to the same job penniless). I don't think my career choice in mortgages underwriting is really helping.......it started so promisingly but appears to be heading for a day in the not too distant future where I have a giant tattoo put on my chest that says 'you are an actual retard' with a big arrow pointing forward and every time one of these 'headhunted' management germs opens their mouths I can simply tear my shirt open to make my point. The problem is after spending 10 years doing mortgage underwriting, obtaining qualifications and building up a great rapport with various important types..........there's no money left to lend, the qualifications therefore mean f-all as well and the various important types are all now frigging redundant and have been replaced with people who clearly were born in the jungle then raised by well meaning apes.
-
I came across this post when I was looking at getting one - for a 2nd hand zorst that was stunning! .............in fairness to Greeny he hadn't actually thought about selling it so it was just sat in his shed. I've got a few more coats of secret products to go yet though
-
Picked up Greeny's old Scorpion the other day and thought I'd treat it to a bit of a clean prior to installation whilst Carla was watching Lets Dance on Ice in the Jungle Factor with Talent.......used some right odd cleaning products though. We had - Dettol Kitchen Worksurface Spray, Autosol metal polish and finished off with a bit of Window cleaner with vinegar!!!!! In a rather unusual turn of events.......it actually came out alright! Going to give it another going over this weekend with whatever else I can find in the cuboard...........now where did I put that wire pan scrubber!? Pre clean Post clean
-
I know about the mechanics of shares and in fairness I've turned about £1800 into £2300 in a couple of years but thats only on the basis of blind luck and a recovering market. I didn't really get much fun out of it (and obviously not much cash) which made me think about the car thing.......give that the car thing looks like a complicated ball ache I might just keep asking Captain for share tips.........he's made me £80 on £300 in a month already I actually forgot - when drilling the holes for a Carpet door plate I managed to get a small piece of carpet trapped in the drill head which was pelting along at full speed....pulling a run right through the full width of the 2 day old carpet.
-
Thats got to last the entirety of the marriage though!
-
You have to give what ever goods that your selling away for free
-
Unfortunately it doesn't mean a thing though really does it, as you know my Daughter did the whole thing properly... I was married with 2 kids at 21, that didn't pan out but I have never been happier than I am now Now Dave thats the kind of attitude that makes marriage not mean anything! If it wasn't for marriage you wouldn't get a certificate to prove who holds the keys to your testicle handcuffs. I'm sure the wedding night voucher Dave gave her for '2 hours of Dave lurrrving' made up for the lack of proposal effort
-
I was thinking of literally doing 1 in 1 out. I've been umming and arrring about shares lately but the money I have to invest is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme and I figured this would be a bit of fun to start with.............without the MOT, Tax and insurance issues I'd do it for deffo. If I got a total dog I'd just scrap the damn thing and put it down to a 'bad investment'. I know a little about cars and utterly bog all about shares no matter how much I kid my self looking at the Halifax Market Watch Centre!!
-
cheers for the responses guys.......its a bit clearer without the rose tinted specs on. I think I've been watching too much wheeler dealers making it look easy...........lest we forget that I'm the man who; - stripped the head off not 1 but 2 bolts on his pop charger - total install time 3 hours - built a coffee table upside down, - built another coffee tables legs the wrong way round - smashed the parking brake mechanism on a Merc by fitting alloy wheels with wrong size locking nut - stripped the paint off the nut holes on the same alloy wheels whilst mounting them on the car - wires ceiling roses in by taking a 'bit of a guess' with the various live wires - stripped the paint off a petrol cap by using a key to prise it open when frozen. - changed the pads and discs on carla's last 3 cars causing them to literally scream every time she touched the pedal.......copper slip has since been discovered - stripped the thread out of the sump on one of carlas old cars by overtightening the plug........the contents of which then spilled rather messily over the work carpark - Put petrol in his nice new diesel car then proceeded to tear the aftermarket chip box out so Mitsi wouldn't invalidate the warranty.............6 hours labour later and numerous phone calls about being unable to start the car I realised I had basically left the loom in but removed the chip box........which subsequently cut the entire ECU circuit. Mitsi said they didn't actually give a toss about the chip anyway - Changed the thermocouple on the boiler........whole house stinks of gas now.......probably going to die soon. I'm special.......leave me alone
-
I'm driving it home for her in the ice and snow!!!!!! God you try and do someone a favour!! ...... Huskys talking to my missus!!!!!!! WFT. Get me a vet for an emergency neutering!
-
Well thats what I thought and maybe I'm not getting the full story with this guy because I've a suspicion that with access to a workshop he's probably buying ones without an MOT and getting a cert put on them before going back in.......12 month MOT says to the average 'tard 12 months hassle free driving doesn't it. I'll put it in on my list of doomed ideas to change life; - buy and sell shash cars (interim challenge - learn how to actually maintain and detail a car properly first) - develope a revolutionary website that will change the work (interim challenge - learn how to creat and maintain a website) - buy and sell shares by knowing exactly what your doing (interim challenge - stop spunking money on cars and save up to invest in shares) - brown nose your way up the corporate ladder (interim challenge - lose all self respect, become less intelligent, obtain handy knife for backstabbing) - buy, renovate and sell real estate (interim challenge - dipose of the horrifically depreciated, negative equity ridden property already owned) - ride on the waves of a successful friend by obtaining contracting work that your clearly not qualified to do (interim challenge - overcome the fear of the inevitable discovery of your uselessness and subsequent sacking) Might just sit here and watch the financial world decompose with a smile on my face actually
-
+1 with what we've been seeing recently theres probably an insurance statistic that says if you have the IAM you think your shithot at driving and will therefore with think you can drive harder and faster in any weather condition .......i tell thee........the world is getting dumber by the minute.
-
Buying shedders (cosmetic) at auction for less than a grand, take them home and detail the living sheeeeehite out of them, then bung back in the auction for a profit (selling 1 before buying another). My research tells me fully comp insurance (provided it has this clause) allows you to drive another car 3rd party regarless of it being insurance independantly provided you do not leave the vehicle unattended on a public highway........so that should get it from auction to home and back again fully legal. MOT and Tax are an issue - does anyone know of a LEGAL way around this? I know about the no tax provided MOT booking in loop hole but is there anything less risky (probably wouldn't buy anything without an MOT). I know of a bloke who does this but he's got a taxi firm and therefore access to trader policies and workshops ETC. Or is this just me looking for trouble again..........Its more of a productive hobby and I'm not expecting to make masses from this (I'm prepared for the odd one that'll make a loss) but figure that I like detailing and figure it could be put to better use ........I'm asking for trouble again aren't I?
-
Stealers in fairness are just like independants except they come under a big shiney brand name..........some are good, some are ace other are utter blowfish turd. Least you did the right thing and called around.