Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. OMG QUALITY!!!!! I sent him this message....... '......hmmm looks familiar. Do you work for Solus in Warrington perhaps' Listing removed 5 mins later! Ricey FTW!
  2. When we had that rear-ender a few months ago the only thing that was really damaged was the zorst........Solus Warrington (the repair center) were utter gash and refused to replace it to start with and advised me they were going to 'bend' the tip back into shape. Car came back and was returned immediately as the 'bending' had only succeeded in scratching the bent pipe. Eventually they agreed to replace it but wouldn't let me have the old one back (I was going to get the tips changed and flog it).......fair enough like - its an insurance jobbie, so I assumed it would be scrapped. We'll lookie here - SWINES! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-350z-scorpion-exhaust-/110676709823?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c4d891bf#ht_500wt_11566 Convienently located in Burtonwood in Warrington.........and stating the RRP exactly the same as Solus paid for it (which was about £100 more than they needed to!) This is the only piccie I can find of it that matches the same angle as his but I remember the big discolored patch on the top of it by the connector pipe.
  3. Love the 3rd piccie
  4. If such a rule/law exists I'd suggest its probably there for a reason............explaining to the missus why you've just crashed and minced your 6 year old spawn is going to be a rather uncomfortable discussion. Sounds like a shitter of a day but as said above........live and learn
  5. Thomas looks like an alternate reality Denis Quaid where he became an coke-rat bum instead of an coke-rat actor. Sounds like a great trip bud!
  6. Yes! I know its galling (its like the pop charger probably reduces the power if anything!) but its not standard and therefore needs to be declared. The only thing we don't declare is the colour change on the rays - but again I'm pretty sure we should (my argument being they're still rays just a bit less curbed and darker ) Same with changing alloys - doesn't matter if your changing alloys for alloys.......if its different to OEM then it needs to be declared. Even drilled/grooved brakes or uprated calipers should be declared.......if anything they make you safer! Basically - your having your balls tugged whatever you do so declare them all!
  7. Hi mate, I am with admiral, I pay 700 quid for me and my bird with 9 years no claims, is a remap easy for the insurance company to find out about if there was an accident? Not that I'm saying I would do that but my cousins best mates dad wants to know I know its tempting mate but its seriously not worth it...........your talking about you life in utter tatters if anything happens. From what I've heard (I did a lot of research when getting the chip for the Lancer) the insurance companies more than ever are seriously investigating any get out clause that they can. I'm sure the experts can advise better but (and I don't understand any of what I'm about to say - I just remember it) its very easy to see a remap and indeed if a car has been previously remapped and then wiped as the eeprom logs each time its overwritten so even if you are able to wipe the remap if you crash (unlikely to be the first thing on your mind as your crawling out of wreckage) it is still obvious that a car has been tinkered with. If you don't wipe it then its plain as day for any grinning loss adjuster to see. I'm not entirely sure what I just said makes any sense so if anyone who knows better comes along!
  8. If it does I must be bonkers........I've been enjoying every Saturday doing 5-6 hour cleaning jobs on our cars but once they're done they last a good while....I got to the point of asking friends, family and work colleagues if they want their cars doing to give me something to do!! I find it relaxing to be honest. Nice to get out in the fresh air too - especially when you work in an office. Excellent job though mate
  9. So hard to say mate as eveyone seems to have crazy differences between quotes - 40 odd year old blokes paying 800-900 quid and 23 year old lads paying 600! We pay an extra £30 a year with Admiral Multicar for a pop charger, Scorpion zorst on the Zed and an engine chip (10-15% BHP increase) on my Lancer. Now the plenum is easily covered under something generic like 'other engine modification' (because you'll never find an option for 'plenum spacer' on the options list), the zorst should also be reasonably cheap..............the remap can cause more mither - a few people have been outright declined by the insurer once this is done - depends on the insurer though. Set a dummy quote up with Admiral and have a play around.
  10. Get a bigger cat as a pet.........it'll kick the other cats ass and you can have your cat de-clawed so it just polishes your bonnet instead of scratching it....win-win
  11. According to Thomas when we met up with him its a car club meet weekend or something so there are going to be quite a few cars there........not sure if he meant Sunday too though.
  12. Ha I was just about to post this! Garages are for tools and disused exercise machines!
  13. to the forum Looks
  14. They are good on ferries too. They are if some hero gets you a VIP pass so you get put on first and don't have to go up the scary vertical ramp! for Lexx I'll be putting a comprehensive thread up about the Europe trip when I get back but I have to say I was in love with the Zed before...........now I'm almost in awe of it. The way it has tackled the last 900 miles of roads has been nothing short of breath taking. Another thing in respect of Coldels comment above - if you think the Zed gets attention in the UK try taking it abroad! You'd think we were driving a Ferrari the amount of attention its getting!!
  15. 20 and a zed?!?!?! The world has gone bonkers! I was paying £1500 on a Mazda 323f at 20!! Nice motor matey
  16. Not really into bikes myself (not that I don't like them but just not had much involvement) but I thought about you lot and took a shed load of photies of bikes from the Auto Museum in Hockenheim for you - I'll get them posted when I get back
  17. Sounds like you have had an absolute result Skidder. Its such an easy car to drive slow because of the big lump - probably one of the most versatile cars I've driven.
  18. If you've not got any clay and you want to have a crack at it you can bring it round mine when I get back from Germany if you like Pete
  19. to the forum.
  20. Doh - double post
  21. visit to Hockenheimring and the Auto Museum today with our very own Thomas Sorensen........and his trouser browningly fast Zed Keeping up with someone with 100 bhp more on a de-restricted autobahn is not the easiest job in the world.........especially when faced with a traffic jam just as you hit 120mph! Forgot to bring the lead for the camera with me but I'll stick some piccies up when we get back. Big thanks to Thomas for meeting up and leading us round - we both had a really great day
  22. Ricey

    LakeZ buffet

    Carla want it too.......unless she wants to watch me
×
×
  • Create New...