Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. This isn't limited to Zeds! Dig out the 1989 Nova mods!
  2. Come on, own up.......I was reminicing about my Seat Ibiza (first car I ever chav'verized) the my amazing home made modifications. Was it the bright Saxo blue plastic lip on the bumper? No Was it the centre part of the steering wheel sprayed silver with the Seat sign painted with blue caliper paint? No Was it the hideous bright blue seat covers? No It was the christmas when I got a blue sweet wrapper from the Quality Street, peeled the foil off the back, took the interior courtesy light bulb out and carefully taped the wrapper around it, secured with a slither of electrical tape. Glowing blue baby! Lasted a month until it burnt to a crisp.
  3. I don't think it matters what age you are its how you've cut your cloth. I couldn't change careers now as I live a life that requires me to earn a certain salary - I'd have to take a 50% pay cut to do anything else which would mean losing houses, cars and all that other capitalist sh*te that we're told we need to have Deep joy
  4. +1 To answer the general topic question - No basically its sh**e
  5. Again don't take this the wrong way mate but I don't think there is any liklihood of you taking a pay cut - you must be brushing the minimum wage banding now. I always err on the side of caution when people ask this question.........this time I am absolutley saying go for it - what the hell is even keeping you from going 'Falling Down' now is beyond me.
  6. Absolutely shameless..... Top Man Next he'll be saying 'in stock and good to go'
  7. Is this love making or driving?
  8. Only if you balance it out with a lip spoiler though......otherwise it can make the nose lift and lose traction on the rubber at the front.
  9. We've got one but I'm really sexy so not sure if its because of that or because it helps the handeling.
  10. Sounds like the biggest risk at the moment is being hit by a stray shopping trolly or VTR Saxo coming the other way having just exited the Maccies drivethrough Reminds me of another street drifting saying amongst drifters ....... its like w@anking, we all do it but you dont invite 50 chavs to come and film you when you are at it class!
  11. Nice to hear I wouldnt like to be in you shoes when filling out an insurance quote with these stats. If i could give any advice to anyone who cares to listen, observation, awareness of your surrounding and antisipation is key to safe driving. Treat every other road user as an idiot who WILL do the unexpected. £570 with all the mods To be fair only about half were my fault and most of them were at sub 10mph..........stupid gits braking at clear roundabouts.
  12. Yes it does........and as I'm on my 10th insurance claim in 12 years (fault and not) I'm actually the best driver in the world now.............FACT
  13. Sounds like the biggest risk at the moment is being hit by a stray shopping trolly or VTR Saxo coming the other way having just exited the Maccies drivethrough
  14. Ricey

    spacers

    Try mwtech if they're still knocking about.
  15. Until you drift into something Where's that 'vette drifting thread!?
  16. Drifting on public roads is a lot different to drifting on a track. Not sure anyone on here really does it. You could try www.skankinmawhiprounddastreetsblatblatblat.com for some tips?
  17. Simply.....cannot....wait ....for......thread ....to...kick.....off
  18. he has a seller !! ?? is he the buyer then ?? Undoubtedly his brither the Crown Price Of Congo hooked him up with someone to sort it whilst he's working away on an oil rig
  19. Is anyone even looking how old this thread is!
  20. Don't reckon they would be a fortune to get painted really (could even try a Smartrepairer to get it done on the cheap).
  21. Ricey

    Decat pipes

    Just get some Berks instead and save the cocking around come MOT time
  22. Not a bad shout for a sticky really because all those questions are answered and available through the search. Off the top of my head - if the 19's are wider you'll have more rubber on the road so may help with traction (depending on the tyre), you'll also need to try and keep the same rolling radius with a low profile tyre (which is likely to improve handing as there is less movement in the tyre wall - if using decent rubber - will also make the ride a bit more crashy as low profiles pick up more lumps and bumps in the road) so ultimately they wont actually be any bigger (suppose you could keep same profile tyre and roll arches but not sure what the max you can fit in is - fiddling with rolling radius can spaz up the traction control sensors). Staggering simply means 2 different sized wheels front and back (if memory serves you only find this on RWD cars so they can get the power down a bit better). Spacing means sticking a disc of metal between the hub and the alloy to give a better aesthetic look to the car - many people who've had them on report adverse affect on handling although I can't say I've really noticed it (then again I wouldn't say I'm a serious driver). Yes you do need to know something else - you need to tell your insurance company and the more generic 'big boys' can be a bit retarded about them and either refuse to insure or put it on as some sort of suspension mod which costs a fortune to insure.
×
×
  • Create New...