Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. It will wear away the material thus damaging the roof. Just google and you will see the damage that can be done.
  2. Oh boy do i want one of those. Hope i fit in one. Must keep saving
  3. Yeah agreed its getting very close to the wire.
  4. One thing i did when i bought my car was confirm exactly what is covered by the warranty. In the UK the standard warranty states it will cover the roof mechanism, which implies the actual roof material is not covered. I stated i wanted clarification that the entire roof was covered. The only source of reference they had was the Canadian Nissan warranty cover information which indeed stated the entire roof was covered. I said on the basis of them agreeing to that i would take the car and they did. I didn't want them to have any get out of jail cards if something went wrong. I know from prior experience and from other owners. If a roof goes wrong its going to be expensive
  5. Yup but issue there is the price will go up too. Roadsters are quite an oddity, the price difference during winter and just prior to summer can be quite surprising. I will keep my eye out though
  6. Good to hear. Got any pictures? Also where did you get the work done. Questions about roof repairs / replacement come up frequently so it would be good to have a reliable source for people to go to
  7. Generally, not to do with project cars. I suppose it is summed up in the evolve release. Delay the original release then when it finally comes out its a skeleton of a game with loads of immediately available dlc content at quite considerable cost. With regard to project cars so long as they get it right i don't mind waiting but it is frustrating. Someone obviously cocked up the project plan.
  8. I may be the person some are referring to 370 roadster is definitely a good choice. You don't see many roadsters about. Of those most are grey or black rose. I dont think i have ever seen a pure black one but they do exist. And yes i was told they have stopped selling them due to poor sales numbers which is good from one perspective as they are now holding their value relatively speaking but on the flip side they are hard to get hold of. One thing i would say in warning. Make sure the roof is perfectly aligned and the windows come no where near the roof material when you open and close the doors. In most cars it is fine but i know quite a few that had this issue and put simply it is extremely difficult to fix. One car went through 3 roof refits and the owner was told they were nearly refunded the cost of the car as the repair costs were equating to the value of the car. If there are any alignment issues walk away. Mine is fine but quite a few are not.
  9. Bugger, at least it's only 2 weeks delay but still annoying. Must say these continual delays then immediate dlc content charges are a little annoying
  10. http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/02/mercury-formula-drift-z33-2jz/
  11. Sipar is right, even nissan themselves cant match the wheel colours. They have tried twice with mine and still failed.
  12. +1 on the autoglym I have said this before and i will say it again, as you are seeing a roadster if there is anything wrong with the roof at all just walk away. Any misalignment or catching of windows on material, or any tears or leaks just walk away. It will be complicated and expensive to fix. I have seen lots of posts by people that got caught up in the moment and bought a car thinking a minor issue would be ok. Don't do it think with your head (which i know it difficult when you turn your key and start it up). My old 350 had a minor leak on one window and i thought ah they can replace the rubber. It was very expensive (they paid) but the problem still occurred and in the end its the reason i sold the car. Make sure you get a gem
  13. Best we give it a proper send off before you sell then
  14. And yes autoglym is fine for the roof, it's what I use
  15. Southpaw I don't want to alarm you but please please check the window is well clear of the roof when it shuts. It's extremely difficult to get it right if the roof has been replaced or altered. As I said I know one car that had 3 separate roof replacements as the problem kept reoccurring and it has happened to a few others. Just want to make sure that yours is ok as you have only just picked it up and seems to have had a history with this. Not trying to worry you but if you have any issues I would be in touch with the garage. Don't hope, check Fingers crossed all will be well.
  16. Yeah I enjoyed tonight's episode. Star in the reasonably priced car was rather enjoyable
  17. Yup, that's right it's a security feature so no one jumps in along side you when you unlock the car. You can change this as described above
  18. I'm just relieved when I don't see text speak in a post
  19. I think everyone has covered most of your questions. Regarding the roof that doesn't look right but as long as there are no problems, wind noise or leaks you should be fine. One thing to ensure with the roof though, under no circumstances should the windows touch the roof material when you open and shut the door. Ensure there is no rubbing. There have been quite a few instances where this happened and it eventually wears the material away. I know one car that had 3 roof replacements. Hope yours is all ok
  20. Will370z

    Wanted

    Moved to the correct section
  21. Phots added to this thread. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94968-k1-japspeed-exhaust-only-done-200-miles/ I will now lock this one
  22. Very nice, love the colour too
  23. Different size I would imagine MPSS on 19s would be more than that.
×
×
  • Create New...