-
Posts
5,184 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by HaydnH
-
Bedford SEN Circuit, Saturday 21st February
HaydnH replied to brillomaster's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
Errr... apart from a quick drive to my folks for Christmas my Z hasn't left the garage since the last Bedford day in August! I'm tempted but I think I'll wait til it gets a tad warmer... we may have another MR2 Turbo for track use by then as well. -
This was posted a while ago I believe. I contacted them about wanting to buy the finished article but didn't get a response.
-
They're near me, £845 seems a bit steep but you get what you pay for. Will keep a note just in case.
-
The liquid is a humectant (takes the liquid out of the air... and your mouth) so drink plenty of liquids... like beer.
-
Well done for taking the plunge! Over the next few weeks you'll probably feel side effects like shortness of breath and tingling arms, keep in mind that it's your body healing (oxygen reaching parts of the body it hasn't in a while will cause tingling) and expunging all the poisons from smoking! It's nothing to do with needing more/less nicotine so don't get it confused with cravings.
-
11.5k posts and counting!
-
Well they couldn't really say 8 inches without hurting your feelings.
-
It's been almost 24 hours and you haven't replied yet... this wasn't you was it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31487066
-
Donald Campbell might disagree... if he was alive. Donald Campbell died because he came to a very abrupt halt . . not because he was going 300mph But if he wasn't going for a land speed record it wouldn't have happened.
-
Donald Campbell might disagree... if he was alive.
-
I never thought of the 350Z as a hairdressers car... until 50 shades of grey was discussed on the forum.
-
Is it the prosecution that decide if it's speeding/dangerous driving or the police on the scene?
-
As a single bloke who earns a decent living I can confirm that doesn't work... then again... I am ginger.
-
Judge: Anything from the defence? Defence laywer: ... Judge: Anything? Defence laywer: ... Defendant: I'm paying you to defend me!!! Defence laywer: ... Judge: Jail! 2 days later: Defence laywer: 166mph... speechless...
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31435961 I can forsee yoofs trying to out do these figures. Also, I'm not sure about the impossible to react comment, ok, maybe that's true doing 123mph in a 30 zone.
-
I have a motordyne XYZ pipe with race cat, at least I think I do, it might have been nicked as we've had a few brak ins to the underground car park recently. Will check and get back to you.
-
I used a dripper religously for about 9 months, the only time I found it annoying was when driving long distances... like at Wales last year.
-
But Nissan didn't release the 370Z in Shrek Green?!?
-
Well so far I'm less than impressed with the management company! I've just sent my third email asking what options have been considered, their first response was "CCTV doesn't prevent theft", their second was "we've sent a letter asking people to watch the gate close", hopefully on the third try they'll actually answer the question and provide a list of what's been considered before they have decided to do nothing! I also asked if I could install something like this bolted to the floor at my expense, I can't see why they'd say no: I guess if anything is going to get done I'm going to have to organise a meeting with all the leaseholders to discuss the situation. Haydn.
-
The door to the building automatically closes and needs a security key which can't be cut without written permission (although I'm sure there are ways around that). The underground garage has wrought iron bars over the windows and a matching gate which is run off remote controls provided by the management company, I have no idea how secure these are, maybe the frequency can be recorded/cloned? However, it's fairly secure as things go, at least as secure as somewhere that's been roken in to 6 times in 4 months can be! I've asked the management company for any supporting documnetation regarding the CCTV assessment, I've also asked them what other options have been assesed. For example, permanent signage educating the residents to ensure the gate closes behind them before driving off could be a cheap method of preventing one possible method of entry.
-
So I just got a reply from the management company, apparently "whilst CCTV has been assessed, such systems do not prevent theft."... really?
-
And they were saying in the press before the game that they'd acknowledged the predictability and everyone should expect something different this game... maybe they forgot to tell the players about the changes? Oh well, maybe they're keeping their secrets up their sleaves for the world cup (yeah right).
-
Hi Will, Would you mind PMing me a very very roughly how much it would cost to buy/install: a) One or two cameras facing the entrance with a recording facility? Full coverage for the underground car park? It's basically an H shape, an electric gate on each end of the horizontal line and 3 cars in each of the 4 legs of the H. The bit between the 3 cars on each half of each side (the white space in an H) is either the stairs up the the flats or a locked room for the concierge which has electricity and would be suitable for the recording equipment, both are probably the size of about 1.5 parked cars, so I guess for total size a 7 by 2 car park with a road in the middle is about right. I'm guessing 4-8 cameras plus the recording equipment? c) Same as b but for 7 blocks of flats? i.e: Would a cctv company likely offer a discount for something of that scale? To be honest, everything would have to go through the management company so I doubt you'd actually get the job unless you had the cheapest quote, but it would be very useful to have some rough idea of figures for when they say it's "too much". They fobbed off a neighbour with that and I bet they haven't even got a quote yet, I'd settle for them putting up some fake cameras and signage to at least look like they're doing something! Thanks! Haydn.
-
I'm actually fairly confident that Wales will beat England on Friday... which judging by last experience means England are going to smash us. Every time... every mother f'ing time. I think the Welsh players have some mental issue where they can't play well when they're confident.