Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Another "How stupid can you be?" moment: BTW, I used to know someone that lived in the flat on Lavendar Hill in Clapham that was burnt out. I only got a quick glimpse of it on the news, was it to the right of the party shop? The burnt flat might have been to the left of the party shop in which case I knew someone who lived a few doors down the road - kind of brings the situation home for me. I hope she doesn't still live there! I LOVED the people of Clapham cheering the police afterwards and the older woman in Camden/Clapham standing on the street shouting at the rioters and waving her walking stick, proper British spirit! My boss got covered with "stuff" from the bus that got attacked at the 7/7 bombings and still went in to the office and did a days work - I bet none of these kids have any of the "get on with it no matter what" type attitude that makes me proud to work in London. Luckily I haven't had to go to work for late shifts the last few days as I've been on nights (from home)... although I did wonder who had died when I had 700 missed calls from relatives checking I was OK last night.
  2. The Z has a huge petrol tank as well which will make a difference.
  3. Also make sure you put your parents on there if they have a clean driving history, usually drops the quote a bit with people like Admiral/Elephant.
  4. +1, and Crosby Park Nissan in Liverpool if you wouldn't mind.
  5. Errr Ricey, do you have a left hand drive?
  6. My 07 has FNSH but never had a paint inspection, I always ask at service time and they always tell me that the paint inspection part of the service book is only used if the service isn't carried out by Nissan. i.e: if Nissan service your car then the inspection is covered as part of the service stamp.
  7. You sir have far too much time on your hands!
  8. Some say he wears a crash helmet to bed and eats spare parts for breakfast!
  9. Disabled link scanner in AVG and all is now fine... useful one for the knowledge base. Further reading mentions: "A serious bug in a component of the new AVG 2011 anti-malware products causes computers to flood websites with unnecessary HTTP requests and in many cases prevents users from properly using their browsers." Maybe this was actually something to do with the problems the site has been seeing and the recent fixes have pushed the issue out on to browsers rather than the server? (Which is a good thing!). Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/AVG-2011 ... 0515.shtml
  10. I've found the cuplrit! Could someone tell me what this script does: http://350z-uk.com/A2EB891D63C8/avg_ls_dom.js I got a java error message saying it was taking too long to load, added that script to my adblock and now everything works fine! Hmmm appears to be something to do with AVG... so maybe my end...
  11. I've found the cuplrit! Could someone tell me what this script does: http://350z-uk.com/A2EB891D63C8/avg_ls_dom.js I got a java error message saying it was taking too long to load, added that script to my adblock and now everything works fine!
  12. It confused the hell out of me as well!
  13. Hi Mods, I've just noticed that if you enter an announcement from the for sale section the mods have to approve the post. Would it be an idea to remove announcements from that section to save you guys some work with approvals? Just an idea. Haydn.
  14. From a reporting/database point of view that becomes a PITA, it's much easier and accurate to say "where column = 'value'", instead of "where column is like this, or maybe like that but definitely not like that and maybe wearing a wig".
  15. God yes!
  16. There's a slight difference between paying £270 for 115 football games vs about 10 F1 races a year!
  17. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, I know php pretty well (although haven't done much recently) but I doubt there's much point in hacking our own copy as that would prevent upgrades.
  18. Any idea of the mileage prior to owning it? Alex may know I guess?
  19. So what else is needed to make this a full kit? Oh wait...
  20. BAH! I was in Basingstoke on Wednesday getting my car serviced at West Way*, I could have popped in and got it scanned - I'm sure that's the last known scanner in Britain! Good idea, should really be a results only thread with a corresponding chat thread. *I know some people don't rate West Way B'Stoke according to the dealer reviews thread, but I have family who work there. I'd like to think the service I get is equal to that everyone else gets but I'm sure a mechanic would try harder if he knows the owner of the car is a relation a colleague... also you'd be sick if you knew the mates rates.
  21. Probably also mentioned before, but dates for services seems fairly fundamental to the whole service section? Along with P1-3 rather than minor/major? Chris - do you have a to do list? It might be worth posting it in the OP so that we're not duplicating comments. Great work so far though - loving it!
  22. OK, just tried it in IE and it's fine so not the site or my connection, guessing it's a plugin for FF5 gone haywire!
  23. There wasn't a single 350 on there from Abbey that wasn't FI or Nitrous. I've added mine just to prop up the very bottom of the table. It's a HR as well, oh well hopefully it will convince others to put theirs up. There's no dyno image on there as I only have hard copies, I'll PM Mark and see if I can get a soft copy.
  24. And similarly with GT/NonGT, UK/JDM/USDM.. maybe even the optional extras like sat nav etc? Again, I'm sure you've already thought about the above but it doesn't hurt getting an extra post... errr... making sure.
  25. As a suggestion (apologies if it's been said before or is on the roadmap), should we set the Engine type change to DE, HR etc (with "other" for non standard engines) and a separate option NA/Supercharged/Turbocharged? This would probably allow better filters in future when looking at mods/dyno results etc.
×
×
  • Create New...