RisingPower
Members-
Posts
1,317 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by RisingPower
-
Yup, I'm screwed: "The Maximum reasonable mounting depth for the front speakers in the z is 2 7/8" with a spacer." from the wiki.
-
See, If I'd have known, would have been worth a listen at the meet Ah well, hopefully next time
-
Crikey, bargain if they fit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hertz-Mille-MLK-1 ... 27b6b2ede7
-
Says 69 here http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/Hert ... HSK165.pdf Not sure which depth figures to take HKS Total Depth = 79 MKS Total Depth = 84 Anyway the HKS fit I bought them from another member so I knew that already I'm hoping it's the mounting depth for the woofer listed there. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to be able to fit the mlk 165's in the door, would be much cheaper than the alternatives and they do look really good What have you got the hks's hooked up to?
-
Says 69 here http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/Hert ... HSK165.pdf
-
I think what some people have done is just pad in the area where the rear sub goes in the gt model and use the whole enclosure without fabbing a box? I don't see why you'd get the rear speakers done personally, just a 2 channel amp and the 2 front speakers and leave it without a sub until you can do that. But then again, imho decent speakers don't need a sub separate. I'm tempted by the hertz mlk165's but they're too deep for the doors I think I have hertz hsk 165's front and back Are the mlk's that much deeper? Apparently they've got a mounting depth of 80mm and I think the max you can use is 67mm? Hmm, hsk's are 69mm though.
-
The M3 really doesn't have a gearbox I'd want in any car tbh. It was absolutely horrid when cold and it certainly took a very firm shift, otherwise you got penalised for it every time. That, tied with the annoying clutch delay valve made it about as un driver friendly as I've had so far tbh. You just couldn't perform a smooth change no matter how hard you tried. Pull away too hard and all you'll do is smoke the clutch. Now, a ferrari 355 open gate box, or the dsg box in the gallardo, those are slicker changes than hell.
-
That looks
-
Aleeeexxx, neil is confusing me Spacers serve one purpose: Looks.
-
Neil, going the Euro look (stretched) will have the opposite effect and will pull the tyre away from the arch mate, creating a gap. The Euro look is basically only for show cars and is potentially a real hazzard for road driiving also there are legal implications involved regarding this, of which I am not to sure. You have now got me totally confused mate, one minute you are building a track warrior and the next you are building a show car. Do you have a second car that you are not telling us about? Lmao I'm showing my track car lol I'll do it for as long as I can until the money runs out lol. I was considering slightly stretched so when I run spacers on the rays I don't need to take them off when I put the 19's back on. It was the drift look I was wanting rather than euro lmao I thought the drift look was fat tyres? Iunno. Looks fat to me? http://www.modified-cars.info/Pictures- ... Photo.html
-
Neil, going the Euro look (stretched) will have the opposite effect and will pull the tyre away from the arch mate, creating a gap. The Euro look is basically only for show cars and is potentially a real hazzard for road driiving also there are legal implications involved regarding this, of which I am not to sure. You have now got me totally confused mate, one minute you are building a track warrior and the next you are building a show car. Do you have a second car that you are not telling us about? +1 I am a confused But, aggressive, do the lmgt4s really stick out enough to be considered aggressive? Thought the idea was you'd have lip/rim showing but no rubber? I.e. 10-12" widths with low offsets and maybe 245 tyres? That or massive spacers? http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... lcome.html
-
An M3 which you can just grab a gear and go? Wish my previous M3 was like that. The gear changes in the M3 were downright lousy, especially when cold. Stupid clutch delay valve made things 10x worse. One other question, do you downblip? The clutch delay valve in the M3 would help make it seem smoother when downshifting, merely because the clutch isn't engaging. Makes it rock like a bucking horse when you're driving slow round town though.
-
I think what some people have done is just pad in the area where the rear sub goes in the gt model and use the whole enclosure without fabbing a box? I don't see why you'd get the rear speakers done personally, just a 2 channel amp and the 2 front speakers and leave it without a sub until you can do that. But then again, imho decent speakers don't need a sub separate. I'm tempted by the hertz mlk165's but they're too deep for the doors I think
-
Ah, my bad. When you say the void behind the drivers seat, what about where the current sub lives and making up an enclosure?
-
I think you'll find it very difficult keeping the oem bose amp as it has 2 ohm speakers. I'm not sure what speakers have that impedance? Best upgrade excluding changing the amp out/speakers/custom sub build, is just changing the head unit as mentioned.
-
He has his own sub-section and does the Ferodo Pads http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438 Too slow
-
viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438
-
I think they're ok for cheap, low dusting pads, but iirc they're not exactly known for performance. Think they're made by the same company that makes mintex? Either way, I wouldn't want them on mine just for the sake of a tiny bit less brake dust. Oh and rear disc isn't going to matter so much as the front, so I'd have thought the dba 3000 would be fine? That or the dixcel pd/sd rears?
-
I'm gonna say here. Didn't know that most people liked the hawk pads though? Ferodo ds2500 are the usual pads, but I've gone with dixcel on mine and really like them
-
Milltek exhaust installed this morning and oh my..
RisingPower replied to Will370z's topic in 350Z General
It's got the w brace, what else could be different? -
Milltek exhaust installed this morning and oh my..
RisingPower replied to Will370z's topic in 350Z General
Dunno where you got that pic but thats not a standard exhaust +1 Looks like a true dual, not sure which. -
Very interesting point, noted the rs-ds don't really come in that aggressive fitments. Best seems to be 9"@15 et and 10.5"@20 et, if you can run 1.5 inch stagger? If not, 10"@25 et. But I'd still say 20" for the advan rs-ds as that lip takes up about an inch and makes them look imho the same size as the rs's in 19".
-
Haha you're not wrong! Yes I would be going for the matte black ones, although I have to say the all chrome ones look amazing, but I'd always feel like the car was in the wrong part of the world, I think you only get to buy those if you live in California! I'm actually more confused than ever after seeing all these pictures! I think it really does depend on the wheels. My only other choice, that seems somewhat played out (mainly in the US) was the TE37's. TE37's in 19" look amazing whereas in 20" they lose their shape. TE37's are overdone imho, though what about the new TE37 Super Lap? Advan RS-D's would be far more unusual
-
Rubbish colour is red Nah, looks absolutely stunning
-
You really rate the yellow stuff pads? I didn't get on with them tbh at all, but they do say they're not suitable for drilled discs.