Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Lovely car but then I'm biased as it's identical to mine. Extremely low mileage for a 54 plate mine has done nearly 3 times as much. GLWTS I'm sure someone will snap it up as it's the best colour, GT and Rays.
  2. Only regret is I didn't knock down the price a bit more because of all the stone chips at the front, but I wanted Azure and everytime I found one it was sold before I could get to see it, had to put a deposit down on mine before the dealer even had it. If I'm completely honest I don't like sone of the attention I get, I use it as my commuter car some weeks and always get some **** behind me trying to race me. But then I think why did I buy a bright blue sports car if I didn't want attention can't have it both ways... I love the fact I see thousands of cars everyday (M25 and A20 commute) and I have only seen 3 350Zs in 6 months, all grey, 1 dark and 2 light, oops I mean GM and blade :-p
  3. Yes the ragtop is the same as the tintop Well just saying in case the op hadn't checked as I couldn't work out where it was kept, almost rang the dealer but luckily found the false floor before I looked too stupid.
  4. Does the Roadster have the cubby behind the passenger seat? I had my Coupe a couple of days before I realised it had a false floor and my handbook was it in!
  5. Neither maybe somewhere inbetween, bit overpriced for an import especially silver as it's the most common colour
  6. I looked into JDM models before I decided on a UK model so I do know what I'm talking about, I looked at a few with similar mileage for less than 10k although none as nice as your I will admit. Someone is going to get a very cherished and looked after car, but unfortunately any mods, new engine included add bugger all to the price, anyway good luck with the sale!
  7. Maybe still a bit overpriced... I was looking before christmas and import 2003 models were dirt cheap. I know you have spent a lot of money on it and it looks in great condition but that doesn't add much to the price unless someone wants those exact same mods and doesn't want the fun of doing it themselves. Just my opinion don't mean anything against you or your lovely Z
  8. To be fair the you cant see the passenger door, that might be blue too...
  9. If your anywhere nr SE London you can have mine if you can afford the petrol over! Its sitting in the garage with a set of 17" Leon FR alloys, set of OEM Leon speakers, an air filter for the Leon and one for the Z front and back Z badges, oem stereo for the Leon and Bose one for the Z.... all waiting for me to stick them on fleabay or until hell freezes over! Hang on Woolwich has frozen over, I better get a move on!
  10. Or put the £80 towards a new head unit
  11. I would dissagree, most VAG cars are over the rated bhp. My Leon FR TDI is supposed to be 168bhp but was 192bhp when I got it checked, sone have even tested over 200bhp.
  12. When I got my Z before Christmas I got a full tank of fuel as part of the deal along with tax etc. I ran it until the light came on (didn't realise about the dte guage it was just on time) and brimmed the tank with about 58l. Later when Reading the handbook I saw it said an 80l tank and thought WTF! I know there is probably about a gallon in the pipework but there must be another 2 somewhere else as well.
  13. A White GT-R went past me Sunday, lovely car then his m8s followed in a heavily modded yellow Celica and a chavvy orange ST. Have to say I think my Azure Z looks nicer than any of them, but I certainly would say no to a GT-R...
  14. Thing is if you get good service you think damn right I paid enough for it, but when you get crap service you tell everybody that will listen how bad it was. Glad you got it all sorted fella
  15. I've also got a standard Leon FR TDI that feels as fast as my 350z in certain conditions, right gear and revs etc. For about £750 I can get the restrictive DPF removed and it with then be 240bhp and 400lbft torque, also 50 mpg lol. Still rather drive the Z, but the Leon is a decent quick diesel.
  16. see sometimes i just dont understand insurance. Im 25, 4 years no claims and i went through chris knott and mine is £911, just renewed it on saturday! Fair enough if i stayed in a crappy place, but my town was once voted 1st best place to stay in scotland and 3rd in the uk, with 0% crime rate. About 60% of people are pensioners 20% young ones and the other 20% is holiday houses. i dont think i could live in a safer town. I also shopped about going through bell, direct line and the usual comparison websites and that was the cheapest one! unreal!! You answered your own question... once of those pensioners is bound to hit you in their Honda Jazz
  17. Hiya, I fitted a F900BT (same but with DVD) and I remember getting the same problem, I think I just changed the 3rd wire randomly until it worked. I know thats not a lot of help but I really cant remember how I sorted it. Just for your info, when its all connected the volume works fine but the track change up and down only works down both ways.... weird I know. You will need a booster or 2 to get the real effect from the unit, you will have to have it cranked up almost full tilt to get any decent volume. When you get it working make sure you do all the updates from Pioneer and if you even consider shelling out the £150 for the new maps and software check out the avic411 forum and do it for free There is a great post somewhere by srobrien he was a great help to me so maybe he can give you the exact wiring details, any probs give me a PM Dave
  18. Lets hope you don't run out of errm talent
  19. Just got mine all sorted, went back on avic411 forum and managed to boot my f900bt into win ce and manually adjust the phonebook, while I was messing around I turned of the annoying beeps too. Might have a crack at upgrading the software to 3.0 if I'm brave enough! Hopeit works yokomo it all depends if the phonebook pairs everytime or is a one off.
  20. Try this, didn't work on the Pioneerbut might work on a JVC... First unpair the iPhone and make sure the phonebook is empty on the HU, change the region on the iPhone to Australia (this makes all the gaps in numbers dissapear) then pair with HU, once you sent the phonebook over you can change the region back. Hope it works for you, worth a try at least, all depends how the BT system operates though I think.
  21. Didn't realise you had an iPhone, thanks again for all the install help. What version iPhone you running, mines 3.0 jailbroken so maybe that's the problem? It's not the unit as it works perfect with my missus phone, but even when I change iPhone region to Australia so it gets rid of the gaps and displays as 07590123456 it still sycs to the 900bt as 07950 123456 and doesn't recognise the caller? Just found a link to get the phonebook off the unit then I can change it and overwrite it, bit of a pain but while I'm at it I might try some hacking too!
  22. cheers, will give it a try as I also like anoraks and train spotting
  23. Don't be a dick. Yes it's a thirsty sports car. But 99% of people that own 350z aren't billionaires, and some 350's don't exactly go for premium money anymore. So while it's not, and obviously shouldn't be a major priority, it's a perfectly valid concern. sorry but if anybody thinks 1 or 2 mpg between a jdm and uk version is going to make any difference to their pocket then then they are the dick, the difference in insurance is probably much more of a consideration surely? When I fill up the dte says 400 miles I thinks that's rougly 25mpg but it's all down to driving style, type of fuel, servicing, tyres etc etc
  24. just had a look on the appstore certainly is graphtastic! Not sure I would want to be behind you at the pumps, must take 10 minutes to put all the data in Might give the lite version a go just to work out costs etc, is the full one really worth £2.99?
  25. Silly me, thought this was a car forum, and i thought i might just get some sensible answers yes it is a car forum, my point was car related - why buy a 3.5l V6 sports car and then worry about fuel economy... Anyway can't stop I need to post on the VW Polo BlueMotion forum about lack of performance...
×
×
  • Create New...