Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Send me some details, if its red or black its black with leather interior If it has red leather he may have a 'crisis'
  2. If you have a go and if looks poor then you can take it to the body shop for proper job, if it looks good to you then plus knowing you did it yourself is always nice
  3. Fair point well made.... Im actually an MOT virgin as im 41 but only been driving 5 years, owned a 2 year old mazda that I traded in just before MOT time, had a Hyundai Coupe for less than a year and bought a brand new Leon that isnt 3 years old yet.... so never actually had to get one done Anyway I hate things like this, whats the point in putting on the confirmation sent a month ago that I could have booked this 3 months ago, not impressed so cancelled and waiting to hear on a booking at Abbey
  4. Ok don't worry, just read a bit more and you have to book the guarantee 90 days before your MOT is due, yet you can't book the MOT until a month before it is due just asked them to explain this and they couldn't as they say if it looks like its too good to be true, it almost always is
  5. My 2003 Z is going in for an MOT end of the month, its done 83k and just had a P1 at Abbey. The missus spotted a bargain, £27.42 for 1/2 price MOT at Nationwide. Just had all the confirmation through and they are offering £59 for a guarantee that if any work is needed the first £650 of parts and labour is covered..... Do you guys reckon this is a good deal, i'm thinking I can't loose as the MOT was half price so really it's only £30 to cover a possible £650? Anything I should be worried about MOT wise, I have an aftermarket exhaust and have read that these can cause problems with emission readings?
  6. Lovely car obviously very loved and cared for.... but unless you find someone that was going to buy a 2002 car and spend 12k doing EXACTLY what you have had done to the car then you are very wide of the mark. GLWTS but I think you will have to go down the route of stripping the car if you want anywhere near what you are asking. I think its pushing it to get a decent 2006/2007 GT for that money, but not that far off... Stuff like brake discs, clutch/fly etc are a no win, unless they are UBER expensive they add bugger all to the value of the car as they are consumables at the end of the day. Why are you selling can I ask, seems like you have spent a huge amount of time and put a lot of effort into it, can you not hold onto it rather that lose a lot of what you have put into it?
  7. spursmaddave

    Cubby cover

    Pm one of the traders you could try Nurrish, he does his own satnav replacement and may have some bits laying around
  8. Yeah it's all about personal taste, I use mine as an everyday commuter 18 miles each way on motorways so a K1 was never an option I use mine as an everyday commuter 33miles a day and have a K1. With the bungs in it sounds lovely take them out and its too loud for commuting. My bungs are currently out but will be going back in soon, just can't get enough of the popping and banging on over run at the moment. for a lot of people the stock exhaust would be loud!
  9. Yeah tell me about it, I got excited, didn't notice the date and clicked the link on the first post...... and..... Not quite the look I wanted for my lights
  10. Yeah it's all about personal taste, I use mine as an everyday commuter 18 miles each way on motorways so a K1 was never an option
  11. Yeah I knew what you meant Ive never been in a Z with the K1 but I have followed a couple and they were
  12. Not really THAT similar though.... Pic from tez162003's thread - Spot the difference
  13. A preowned 07 Roadster for £150
  14. And I don't know what you mean by that last comment......
  15. Chris do you have a CF rear strut cover? I will take it off your hands cheap, bit pointless now you can hardly see it
  16. Did you lose it trying to drive along with it open? Sorry couldn't resist it
  17. I guess there are 3 categories really... 1. Things YOU can see (Interior) 2. Things OTHERS can see (Exterior) 3. Things NOBODY can see (Battery covers etc) Obviously your engine parts fall into category 2 Ian as i've never seen a picture of your car with the bonnet shut
  18. A few options to help you decide...
  19. Ok who is the biggest Carbon Fibre Whore on 350z-uk.com ? I will start the ball rolling with... CF Centre Console CF Gear Surround CF Gauge Cover CF Door Inserts CF Vent Covers (soon) CF Handbrake Cover CF Wrapped Rear Strut All interior stuff, not a huge fan of it on the exterior but I know a lot of people who are I haven't put any pictures up but I will, so don't be shy
  20. Ive just put my standard box back on and the car does feel better for it. With the PC sometimes the car felt hesitant and sluggish, but as a few have said that didn't bother me because of the sound
  21. Maybe for the US market, they had loads of trim levels didn't they? I know for example the Mazda's that have Bose get different spec levels, 5 speaker or 7 speaker and a system that detects background noise and apparently compensates for it
  22. Looks like a good buy
  23. They are all compatible, just a different splash screen which you cant change. The VW and Audi ones are slightly better as they have a SD slot which mine doesn't...
  24. That doesn't include a Y pipe though, the militek or buddy club do, so are really only about £150-£200 dearer. CS Does a Blueflame Cat back system that includes a Y pipe, not sure who has one though
  25. Its the RNS510 same as VW / AUDI & Skoda use but the Seat Version. £1,400 option when I got the car I didn't tick it and luckily got one from a Polish guy who worked near the factory £750. It has a 30GB hard drive too Main difference is I took out all the dash and sprayed it gloss black, like I said I hated the silver/blue interior....
×
×
  • Create New...