Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Found a matching CF pipe
  2. How does it compare (looks wise & up close) to the RSW kit you had in the Z? I've been tempted to get a few bits dipped in the past but never sure if it will look real enough up close Honestly it doesn't look 'real' enough as its too perfect, but then again it isn't a cover like the RSW so better in that respect.... You would have to see it in the flesh to make a proper decision, unless you can afford to get real CF made in replacement of parts you can only go for covers, dipping or wrapping and I would personally rank them in that order with experience now of all 3. Plenty of people swear by wrapping saying the RSW looks stuck on, well yes it us but it is stunning, a million times better than wrapping IMO
  3. Yeah i think they look good on a white car, my calipers need sorting.... like this look Different wheels but same colour car as mine
  4. Ok does everyone share Mr Clarksons opinion that red calipers on a Jaaaag would be like giving Camilla a Vajazzle
  5. your underwear I never wear any
  6. Yep, actually the whole thing, its more noticeable when fully extended
  7. Can anyone spot what else I have changed
  8. Now now Jim It looked like this Andy... Not nasty but certainly looks much better now It's hydrodipped Ian, a firm called garnishdip in Exeter, very good quality and a lifetime guarantee. They swap and keep your trim for the next job They even sorted a vibration noise I had in my passenger door FOC
  9. I recon they are all nuts
  10. I exaggerated, I wafted at 28mph holding up caravans and horse boxes
  11. What he actually means is "wafted into exeter" I wafted from Exeter to St Ives in an hour and a half average speed 78 Overtaking is great, you think oh i might be able to if im quick.... Oh hang on im already past
  12. We are in Cornwall on holiday and Exeter is on the way.... and I was driving.... it only took an hour The Jag was epic on the journey Few more things in the pipeline when I get back, all this time lazing in the sun making plans
  13. Popped in to a place in Exeter to get my wood trim changed for CF now the interior is all black and silver
  14. Is it not an old wives tale, has anyone had their car cloned? I know it does happen but pretty rare, you more likely to get your card cloned and your bank account raped...
  15. Security settings I believe, it may be set as secure and therefore only open on your work machines on a 'safe' network... Could be wrong, I often am but I would check security settings
  16. Cheers Rich
  17. If anyone can give me info on batteries & invertors I would appreciate it as I haven't got a clue Tried reading up but it baffled me all volts this and watts that I just want a battery that charges itself (solar panel) that could run a light now and again to get stuff and do odd jobs in the garage and a socket to run my DA or a hoover or maybe the odd power tool, but most of those are cordless anyway.... Help
  18. Cheers I'm not worried about a matt finish but I might see if I can find the one with gloss mixed in, sounds ideal
  19. I think they are all closed in such that they just check paperwork and send it now, only too 10 days for my plates to be transferred so not too bad, worst thing would be if you **** up the paperwork but then that's your own fault
  20. Did that include the 2 on your driveway
  21. I tried wrapping some interior bits for the other halfs car but it doesn't look great so considering plast-dip. I have seen the threads on here but any dos and don'ts to consider? Would 1 can be enough to do a few interior bits? How many coats ideally and do you need to laquer it? Cheers Dave
  22. ^ Sounds like a plan
  23. Stylus for the headunit.... does it play 45's AND 78's I know what you really mean I kept my NDS ine in there when I had the Pioneer
  24. I am looking at getting a solar trickle charger and liesure battery to run a light and maybe the odd power tool / hoover for the car. Sounds ideal as wouldn't be very often and not for long, sounds like my love-life
  25. A nice couple to meet to break your cherry.... First person I met was Bennet
×
×
  • Create New...