-
Posts
22,249 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by spursmaddave
-
They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)
spursmaddave replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It was probably an insult directed at the car not you -
It does, and when you crank it up to over 300 and lower it is a proper luxo barge sleeper Sent from the golf club...
-
at best! When I first got my Zed I got told by a colleague that it wasn't a sports car, he had a Rover V8... Sent from the golf club...
-
No worries Jeff just a bit of banter I had a single mass clutch / lightened flywheel on my Zed it would have stalled in 6th at 1,200 rpm, not burbled You should look at exhausts, there is everything from refined and burbly to what sounds like an elephant farting into a tuba SMD - I would be most interested to learn where you heard an elephant farting into a tuba? Is it on Youtuba? Oh...and a Jag forum...what a good idea...or maybe we could have our own section on this one? With my new Adamesh rear pipes I can now hear what a V8 sounds like Would love to hear that V8 sometime Neil I have got a couple of bits from Adamesh good quality Sent from the golf club...
-
Oh god imagine a jag forum!!! All middle aged men who think they own the road The one I am on is more fun than here right now, it's very off topic and a good laugh... bit like this place used to be Sent from the golf club...
-
Yeah, for example the pictures of s2000's that StevoD posted, I think they all look absolutely rediculous, but some people would be drooling.... Sent from the golf club...
-
2.2 - avoid, gutless laggy and rough as feck! 3.0 - smooth, not desperately quick but fairly economical 3.0S - rapid, a £200 remap or tuning box gives you around 320bhp and over 500lbs/ft ( I average about 30mpg on trips that I used to get 22/23 in the Zed) Luxury - poverty spec Premium Luxury - decent leather, better audio etc Portfolio - best leather everywhere, 550w Bang & Olufsen 16 speaker stereo, DAB, heated/cooled seats, dual xenon cornering headlights etc etc etc An S Portfolio is what I have but a very early one, I could have had a newer car but with less 'toys' but opted for an older one fully kitted out
-
Connect 4 Jag style Sent from the golf club...
-
No Paddy not even close! My old Zed was like the nerdy fit girl at school, it looked plain and stock on the outside but when you slipped inside it was very nicely kitted out and a fantastic ride Sent from the golf club...
-
£50! Bargain
-
No worries Jeff just a bit of banter I had a single mass clutch / lightened flywheel on my Zed it would have stalled in 6th at 1,200 rpm, not burbled You should look at exhausts, there is everything from refined and burbly to what sounds like an elephant farting into a tuba
-
Thanks chaps, that's 3 Jag posters in a row
-
Cheers, yeah they are 16 way adjustable, only thing that I can't get working is the adjustable bolsters as my old seats didn't have that
-
XC60 SE LUX NAV D4 AWD 181hp geartronic.........its hell of a mouthfull 2.4 derv options added auto seashell metallic sunroof winter pack heated rear seats privacy glass space saver wheel (instead of the gel) Perfect luxury wafting when with the family
-
I'm sure you could get some walnut veneer
-
Very true
-
Bet it's a nice drive, a derv I take it? 2l turbo?
-
Both true but my jag isn't a beigey brown with a cream interior Just needs some burl walnut & tartan rug on the back seat A nice motor just wouldn't have been my colour combo choice, but then what do you expect from someone that drives a poo brown Zed
-
Bought mine for the looks firstly and for Japanese reliability secondly as I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time. I considered other similar cars but after test driving a chilli red back in January 2006 decided it was the car for me. Performance for me is ample as I'm very unlikely to go much faster than the speed limit and I grew out of the traffic light GP many years ago. Rarity was also a big factor, I'd rather drive something different than say the corporate style that is prevalent today in Audi/BMW. Pete Pretty much ditto Pete I had always wanted one since seeing Hammond ragging the rusty ragtop on Top Gear, yeah Clarkson didn't like it but who cares what he thinks about anything anyway Mary wanted a coupe when I met her and we got a Hyundai Coupe which gave me the bug, had the looks to be fair but the performance was not great, so chopped that in for a Zed
-
Very nice Andy but old man colour and interior
-
The looms were totally different unfortunately, the new seats are only a year old and the model has had a facelift since then and the whole touchscreen system is different... I am a seat expert now never got round to re-trimming my Zed ones but had them out a few times, and fitted new leather seats in my missus MX-5 too
-
That would have been far too easy!! And unfortunately completely differently wired! I even had to swap over the control panel & switches too, when I have a time I will strip down the heating cooling system from the old seats then take the new ones out and swap them over as those are wired completely differently too
-
One thing that I have never been completely happy with is the seats in my XFS, the first year they made them (which mine is) they fitted standard seats like the standard XF, a year later they fitted them with XFR sports seats as standard! If I had realised this I might have looked harder for a slightly newer car but neverimind.... On Monday I got hold of some 2013 sports seats from someone that paid £1,200 for them but couldn't fit them in his XF because the connections were all different, so I bought them for half price (including rear seats too) When I removed mine I realised that they didn't connect to my car either My connectors - New connectors - But seeing as I like taking things apart I set to work had to remove all the electrics from the new seats then take the electrics from the old ones and fit that to the new ones, sounds easy 8 motors, countless connections and control boxes, not to mention the memory modules!!! And that was without tackling the heating and cooling systems yet But worth the effort Comparison - So much more comfortable and supportive very very happy with them and all the 16 way adjustments work just fine
-
Indeed, doesn't make me miss my Zed, A bit like an ex-girlfriend you sometimes think about but you only remeber the good stuff Sent from the golf club...
-
That was never going to happen was it Bit like financial fair play, ok Man City have had some penalties enforced but no more than a slap on the wrist really Sent from the golf club...