-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
I know thats how if a deal comes up i will take it. I'm not really worrying about everybit of power so to speak but just doing a bit here and there to get a little extra. To be honest the nismo exhaust is an asthetic thing I love the look and sound of it. The scorpion is a great exhaust for the cash and never dissapointed me at all but i just want it that little bit deeper hence the centre section maybe getting altered to take a little resonance out of it and free up a little more flow.. The nismo r-tune intake thats on my car is a funny one, doesnt look the same as the aftermarket one and came with the car as ordered from factory with it. It never came with the revup airbox. The sound from it is worth losing a couple of bhp for over a panel filter tbh... The next step is nitrous i reckon. Just trying to work out where i can fill bottles etc and whether british bottles will fit on an american system as the american bottles can get filled over here legally.
-
true i guess the deep stuff is lost on the vids. Decats seem to make any exhaust rasp yep its the price you pay for squeezing as much power out as you can. It sound really good in person in proper track car style. Not to everyones taste but have had sooo many compliments and only a few bad. Personally I love it but if i could get a 2.75" centre section or 3" for the scorpion made up and make it of a thicker stainless steel then i think i would be a little happier with the sound. Currently im thinking about selling the scorpion and going for a nismo if i can source a second hand one or try and get a deal on one imported. Will have to wait until the summer though as i have spend to many thousands in the last few months on the car.
-
It does sound really raspy in the vids, it doesnt sound as bad in reality but it does rasp. The rasp is because of the decats and centre section being only 2.5" which coming for the 3" on the y-pipe it causes this.
-
Pull away vid and other vids now all in 1st post
-
Vids all in first post
-
Here is a drive by vid I was only doing 60mph, its the graphics that make it look faster
-
+1 My first track day i was shitting myself... alex ended up forcing me out and now im hooked. I run yellowstuff pads with standard fluid, didnt boil or fade. Then yellowstuff with rbf660 and now bluestuff with rbf660, not been on track with bluestuff pads but the yellows were fine for my driving style at the time. I'm looking to push harder this year with confidence and ability improving so the bluestuff ndx got gave out as a promo to test for brakes4u and do a review. I will keep people posted.
-
This is nismo r-tune intake, plenum spacer, decats, nismo y-pipe and scorpion mid and rear section Cragus revving up-- cheers mate, i was filming lol ( I know i have a reg bulb out aswell, it fell out as i never pushed the led bulb in far enough ) The vids dont demonstrate any depth in the sound which in reality is a little more than you think. Me pullling away
-
anything between 400-500 quid but the tuning is done live with your car on the rolling road. Then map is designed specifically for your engine. You buy the license from uprev(as part of the price) then if you ever need tuning you only pay for dyno time so its alot cheaper afterwards when you add mods etc.
-
The uprev just makes your engine run as efficiently and effective as possible. It removes issues which arrive through the standard manufacturer putting a generic map on each engine, even though they are the same they are also different, no engine is the exact same.
-
My car had dropped to 270bhp, lost 6 horses but we got it up to 292. To be honest though the bhp is only a small part of the story, it's the increase in torque that really makes the difference and seals the deal. i didnt get much torque at all with mines. They struggled to get much power out it at rs tuning. I think the 2.5" centre section on the scorpion is holding back some hp to be honest.... Its a tough one, I made 293 on the first run, and ended with 305.5bhp. The fueling is alot better and runs sweeter. The car pulls smoothly through the gears, where as the torque graph before had a big jump and drop at the start.
-
you'd be suprised how well the zed handles for being a bit of a fatty. It is a very good track car especially when set up correctly. Take alex's for instance, cabrio runnin crazy power, handles absolutely unbelievably awesome, Can chase the time attack cars and all that with no roof
-
i want a colourful name ive almost done in nearly 3000 posts without that much spam as some Mods please please do my name the same colour as the nismo colours lol
-
Here's my GM facelift 2006 car with nismo graphics(and cragus' kuro)
-
Think they're 9.5 rear with 275 tyres. I can't put any spacers on at all as the arch will destroy the tyre. Misses it by about 3-4mm. I run rays for the track though and at 40mm it's stupid low. Raised it to 35mm drop and still bottoming out on ground with bumper sometimes. Looks good though
-
woohoo does that mean the big mans coming?
-
What springs are you on? I'm on adjustables and was dropped 40 and was scraping the ground and wheels were hitting arch liners
-
would be funny if it was the wrong letter box lol
-
no adjustment on front but you mays still be within the recommended camber limits, how much are you lowered by?
-
I wont mind Neil I think I saw you mention you are bringing Jack Daniels Are you travelling down on the Friday?? Yep sure am, travelling down on the friday morning. Im bringing lots of jack lol, bottle of old no7 and a bottle of single barrel and a bottle of gentleman jack Martin what time do you want me down for matey? I wanna give the car a good clean and polish also when i get there Am having some old no 7 right now midweek drinking... what a life!! Im jealous
-
cool mate, i'll leave around 8 in the morning and be down for around then aswell then and give you a hand with stuff
-
plenty of hotels of there for you big man, dawn got the last room tonight, thats why I tried calling you lol was telling you to say you just missed out.
-
big massive stickers the size of your car
-
I wont mind Neil I think I saw you mention you are bringing Jack Daniels Are you travelling down on the Friday?? Yep sure am, travelling down on the friday morning. Im bringing lots of jack lol, bottle of old no7 and a bottle of single barrel and a bottle of gentleman jack Martin what time do you want me down for matey? I wanna give the car a good clean and polish also when i get there
-
Gonna be a fun convoy down! Better hope your room isnt next to mine dawn