Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Stew

    Toyota FT-86

    I'd say they are nippy not fast let alone FAST.
  2. Sounds always did it for me. I'm not one for dyno numbers though.
  3. I looked at an S6 last week. It was a saloon. Very nice indeed, I didn't drive it though. It'd be perfect for towing an Exige S!
  4. Emmmmmm, looks like a kit car to me. The 8C is like a beautiful finely polished piece of automotive art and that Diva looks like it was built in a shed in Yorkshire.
  5. Biff Tannen is a Legend!
  6. Stew

    Toyota FT-86

    If the Subaru STI version which is rumoured has 300 bhp then it's be an absolute winner. I like the looks however it has the potential to look weedy depending on it's physical size.
  7. Emmmmm I wouldn't. I'd put on two 225/45 R18. The car should have 225/45 R18s on it. Sure it's more expensive however if the TC decides one day that it doesn't like the combo you could end up in a field or something...... Sell the 225/40 R18 on ebay or in a local paper to recoup some money.
  8. Neil must be used to super duper inverse resistors......
  9. Make like a tree and get outa here!
  10. Does ROOTS C look after you? Have you see DA WHIP??????
  11. I didn't roll the Maverick.... my mate did! It was on flat ground but it was bumpy as hell! Really rough stubble field. I just about went flying off the banshee quad (you can see the black quad behind the shoguns) when going for a flat out spin. I could barely hold on due to the bumps and I have plenty of weight to keep it planted! We had to go across the rutts as next to the shoguns we had a pull set up and were shooting so best to stay behind the area where people are pointing shotguns..... Vitaras are pretty capable with good tyres on. My mate used to nab his mums when had just passed his test. We had great fun in that trying to make it go 'anywhere' and it pretty much did. On normal tyres it'd go nowhere!
  12. SpursMadDave - Editor of the Sun! Stew - I once went on holiday and there was a nudist beach! Wow, it was amazing to see people so comfortable in themselves. I didn't see anyone having sex though - that would have been weird. The close up view of the lighthouse was brilliant. The old man flashing the lighthouses light really made me smile as it was huge! SMD Sun style edit - I once went on a nudist beach! Wow, it was amazing to see people having sex close up. The old man flashing really made me smile as it was huge!
  13. you're internetz must be broken!
  14. worked fine for me too. Straight to the P7.
  15. What is the current consumption compared to a 'normal' bulb???? I have a couple of cheapish LED torches and I must say they are brilliant. They render my maglites null and void.
  16. No 911 is wrong wheel drive. Even the 4 wheel drive ones only put 10-20% forward.
  17. Never connect a Hi-pot to your nads! Less current is safer - Sure, I've never known anyone to get electrocuted on a circuit with no power! Watts (<----- geddit???) electrickery guvnor??????
  18. Good luck on that. I looked into the same thing and all the insurance companies wanted around £500 for me to insure a "second car" on a multi car policy. For me, that meant there was no real benefit to having a shed as a second car when you have to factor in £500 insurance, roadtax, MOT, tyres, servicing etc... The rent Vs buy argument is a no brainer in my area. Aberdeen house prices have risen month on month for years. The only time it falters is when the oil price drops significantly. Also rent here is astronomical. I guess you have to factor in this too before deciding on that.
  19. More bling than Mr T!
  20. Awesome! Just sent it to IT.
  21. Invidia chip thing? My works laptop had that. Pain in the ass!
  22. Gallardo. Simply because it's the most 'exotic' of the 3.
  23. Great post. Ok, I'm guilty of flaming sometimes however this was a great post that educates rather than lectures. Now I'm sure the member will learn from his mistakes himself, be thankful people weren't hurt etc etc. I'm hopeful that anyone on here would ensure an area was safe before performing such manoeuvres. Now the best thing to do is speak to ZMANALEX on supply of parts to get it sorted.
  24. Im pretty sure when i looked at the figures for my 1999 stock R1 they were supposed to be able to do 186mph! We weren't at full speed and there were 2 of us on the bike. 174 mph was quick and dangerous enough seeing as we were going over a few humps in the road making the bike jump a bit, I was literally sh*tting myself! My mate (the owner) claims it goes past the 200 mark. That makes sense seeing as it had a few modifications carried out on it. I think it would take A LOT of modifications to get a road R1 over 200mph, from what ive seen 190 is fairly achievable, but over 200 needs serious h.p. It's game of diminishing returns, as the speed rises, air resistance gets stronger and stronger (bikes are crap at aerodynamics) so you need more and more power for each step up in speed. Also, im talking about actual speed, as a lot of bikes clocks are miles out. Ionce read stuff about a Hyabusa getting from GPS verified 192mph (or thereabouts) to a genuine double ton. It needed about £10k of additional work or something mad like that.
×
×
  • Create New...