Toe Out Issues.

Swiftyy

So after fitting my 10j fronts and 12j rears we rolled the arches and cambered them in to get them to fit. Only issue I'm having is the rears have some major toe out issues. So to try and resolve this I bought the DriftWorks toe rods. NADA! So we have reduced the camber for now but is still toeing out slightly to the point that 80mph feels really light.

I'm looking at getting the cam bolts but wondered if these would give me the adjustment I need to correct the toe out on the rear.

Any advice will be much appreciated :)

Because of the way it handles and it is visible that it's toeing out. It's not just from a wheel swap. I mentioned we cambered the wheels in to get them inside the arches. Sorry if I didn't give enough information.

It's lowered a fair bit on HSD coilovers, drift works camber arms and toe rods.

Wondering if the cam bolts will be what I'm missing to get the alignment back (apart from I will be running camber)

When it was horrendously toeing out under high camber it would snake down the road at 20mph. Now we have reduced the camber till we can get more toe adjustment it feels light steering as if it's going to loose grip at 70-80mph.

I'm hoping the cam bolts that go in the rear will be enough adjustment

I see the boys state side used toe rods on their 350z's to adjust camber back into spec but they are running HUGE camber! Yeah I'm hoping the cam bolts will be enough adjustment so I can run enough camber to get the 12j et0 rear wheels inside the arch.

We noticed as we adjusted the camber inwards (negative camber) the toe would go out (toe out).

On another side note the driftworks toe rods are squeaky as crrrrrrppp!

We noticed as we adjusted the camber inwards (negative camber) the toe would go out (toe out).

That is normal.

I thought as much. Would the cam bolts be the answer? Anything else you can suggest? Thanks in advance Zmanalex!

Not what I wanted to hear lol. I will have to give them a go and if they still don't adjust far enough I will have to look into toe arms.

I have to run camber to get the wheels in the arches. Being 12j ET0 they poke quite a bit.

Do you have any of these items Alex?

Thanks again, you've been a godsend since I started playing with the zed :)

I am running true coilovers buddy. Got the HSD mono pros on there. So I wouldn't need this part of I've read this correctly at 7 in the morning lol.

Pointing out the parts and a dealer will be great :)

Only so much I can take of the lack of handling lol

I am running true coilovers buddy. Got the HSD mono pros on there. So I wouldn't need this part of I've read this correctly at 7 in the morning lol.

Pointing out the parts and a dealer will be great :)

Only so much I can take of the lack of handling lol

Okay, then all you will require is an adjustable toe arm if running true coil overs.

Not expensive and easy to fit.

Beware, many traders advertise the front link as a toe arm, traction arm etc. DO NOT USE THIS AS A TOE ARM.

Had a look at your image and notice that you have already replaced the "traction arm"..

Drawing on past experiences, you will never get your geometry set correctly with this arm.

As per my post #20, my advice would be to refit the OEM traction arm and buy a proper lower adjustable toe arm which is compatible with your true coil overs.

http://www.splparts.com/spl-titanium-rear-toe-links-350z-g35/

And remember the lock out kits. ;)

Job Done.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Had a look at your image and notice that you have already replaced the "traction arm"..

Drawing on past experiences, you will never get your geometry set correctly with this arm.

As per my post #20, my advice would be to refit the OEM traction arm and buy a proper lower adjustable toe arm which is compatible with your true coil overs.

http://www.splparts.com/spl-titanium-rear-toe-links-350z-g35/

And remember the lock out kits. ;)

Job Done.

Brilliant, thank you buddy! Are these arms only available from the states or is there a UK dealer? Same with the lock out kit?

Looking forward to having some handling again because at the moment it is beyond awful lol!