brace

milseyman

was underneath car this morning was going to fit the new cats anyway noticed that the brace that runs from the left to the right of the chassis at rear of the car is completely knackerd n fact car looks like crap underneath where can I get a replacement brace

I'm guessing you mean the W brace as below.

14668_01.jpg

If so and it's not too far gone you could always remove it > rust treat it and then repaint it with Hammerite paint or similar.

The other option is to contact zmanalex on here for a good condition used one or a trader like Clark Motorsport or the Cougar Store for a new OEM one. Bear in mind though it will probably be around £200 for a new one I'd guess and you can get aftermarket replacement ones for less.

This one from Ultra Racing seems to be the best value aftermarket replacement option: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Rear-Lower-Bar-Brace-for-Nissan-FAIRLADY-Z33-350z-RL4-1259-/251972542690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aaabbe0e2

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

• Like 1

+1 It's 10 bolts and a couple of plastic covers to get it off.

Bash the cr@p out of the rust and scrape off the rest, then be generous with the Hammerite - loads of us have done this now.

Before painting they look a lot worse than they actually are structurally, but usually turn out well :thumbs:

(Shameless pic wh@re moment)

1C00A4A8-2C6D-4831-860B-804236D86110.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the thread hijack but it might help others. If you take it off to refurb, is it ok to drive the car without it for a short while?

I would imagine so...if OPs is split in 2 places and he was still driving - looks like you will get away with driving without it...probably just like upper strut bar in the engine bay...can drive without it, but wouldn't go for a spirited drive tho

• Like 1

fitting mine today so far every bolt is solid will put some heat on front ones rear ones are a bit close to fuel tank for my liking

Try soaking the rear bolts with WD40 and leaving them for half hour, ...then when you try to undo them use a ring spanner (less likely to slip/round off) with a long pipe over the end to give you more leverage.

Also helps sometimes if you try to tighten them up first, then try to undo them. Might help break them free. Good luck. :thumbs: