My other car, a stripped, caged MK2 Golf Track car..

Nigelp

My main car is a Mazda 6, 2.3 sport that I`ve had since new. I started going to the Nurburgring in 2005 and quickly decided that I could afford to keep taking the Mazda round.

December 2006 saw me buy a MK2 Golf, partially stripped track car, I did some work on it, took it over to Germany at Easter, then wrote it off :blush:

crash4.jpg

afters.jpg

I brought the shell back home and in 5 weeks went from this:

IMG_0432.jpg

to this:

18golf.jpg

I did a photo `diary` of the build, I`d never done anything like that before so it was a bit of a daunting project, but looking back, it went suprisingly well. I managed to do 185 Laps of the ring this year and although it isnt all about times, my best was an 8:46, which really showed me how well the car went.

I plan to take the Zed round once, just so it can earn its sticker... :thumbs:

Rather than post the whole build here, I`ll thought i`d link to it on ClubGTi.

http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=126104

Nige.

B) Very nicely nigel, i'm a big fan of the mk2 golf, i had three gti's , they are quite simple mechanically and suspension wise but very effective

fitting the new loom looks like a nightmare :scare:

i had vibratech mounts all round on my rado, they made a big difference :thumbs:

the weak point on the mk2 is the handbrake, sticks, seizes and doesnt work well , you can fit mk4 calipers on the rear which are much better :thumbs:

You know where I go....and book before the 1st and get it for £160.

Hint, there will be one or two lotus there.

I see. £160 though ain't cheap for Donno but I suppose its the GP circuit. I need to do a cheap track day to see if the diff settles down.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...