Confused - Need some ICE buying advice?

moff

Hey Magrillz sounds like a good deal on the kenwood. I got the ipod adaptor for the alpine just waiting on the ipod arriving now and will let ya know how the interface looks tho according to instructions its the exact same as the ipod interface.

Well in my experience of the speed camera download i had a card with the sat nav directing me to a site then simply put my sd card for the sat nav into my computer and downloaded the spped cameras. Now when there is one in the vicinity i get a message on the screen telling me the speed of the road ahead. Even if i dont have the nav up on my screen i get an audible alarm telling me there is a camera ahead.

Hope that helps a bit for ya

No worries,

Just had a quick look for you and these links might help:

Headunit Adapter link:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8028

quote]

I have just read this thread - does it mean that you will not get use of the BOSE sub if you install this adapter with an aftermarket HU?

If you install that adaptor you will get full use of the bose sub & amp :thumbs:

Cool!

Doing more research, I came across this:

PA11 NIS iPod Interface - http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/IPod_wit ... und_System

Seems a very good way to hook up the Ipod.

Seems I have two choices:

1) Aftermarket HU e.g. the Alpine Sat nav with Bluetooth, and full ipod funtionality

or

2) Stock BOSE with Stock Sat Nav and the above ipod interface

Both seem to come to about the same price.... confused.... still:wacko:

iv got a problem with my ice to head unit keeps sticking so messin up listenin to CDs but cant put another bose head unit in as its wired to #ecu so would need nissan to decode cost a fortune but to buy a new head unit as im out of warranty but dont really wanna buy a aftermarket headunit as will loose my bluetooth phone and maybe voice of sat nav and the steerin controls dont always re-work so im basically f$cked with spendin alot and only wanna listen to Cd's :lol:

Hey Magrillz sounds like a good deal on the kenwood. I got the ipod adaptor for the alpine just waiting on the ipod arriving now and will let ya know how the interface looks tho according to instructions its the exact same as the ipod interface.

Well in my experience of the speed camera download i had a card with the sat nav directing me to a site then simply put my sd card for the sat nav into my computer and downloaded the spped cameras. Now when there is one in the vicinity i get a message on the screen telling me the speed of the road ahead. Even if i dont have the nav up on my screen i get an audible alarm telling me there is a camera ahead.

Hope that helps a bit for ya

Hi mate. Yeah if you wouldn't mind letting me know your opinion on the IPOD menus that would be great. The speed camera alerts sound good too. Have you got the blackbird B100P linked to a Alpine Headunit then. I noticed they are going to bring out a B200P unit that can dock directly inside the W-205R Head Unit. Sounds interesting!

Yes it seems there is actually more of a selection than I first relaised that cover most angles.

Thanks for your help :thumbs:

Hi Magrillz, Well i got the ipod and its so easy to use the interface is set up the same as the ipod interface. Yes i have the sat nav linked into the head unit thro its own seperate docking station which means you can also release it from its docking station and use it as a portable in another car. The B200P unit you are referring to would require you to fit a double din unit and costs a fair bit more.