Insurance database website

nixy

Just came across this on another site

http://www.askmid.com/

you put "your" reg number in and it states the make and model of the car and if it's insured. I don't know how up to date this is but mine's on it. I don't know if this is good or scary - the amount of info people can get about you on the internet.

(sorry if it's a repost)

I typed in mine and my brothers reg numbers:

V6 XXD and V6 XXJ and they are not on there :wacko:

Ring ur insurers and get them put on the register.

My mates a copper and its not unheard of them taking ur car off you for suspecting you dont have insurance.

the MID is used by the police to do a PNC check when they pull you over..

Just checked my last car and thats on there too!

although your insured, the only way the police can check is by using this database. So if your not on it, the police pretty much suspect your not insured. If they want to be funny with you they could, under suspision take your car off you, and like i said, ive heard it been done.

Most major insurance companies are signed upto this.

Like i said, have a word with your insurers and ask if theres anyway you can be added.

although your insured, the only way the police can check is by using this database. So if your not on it, the police pretty much suspect your not insured. If they want to be funny with you they could, under suspision take your car off you, and like i said, ive heard it been done.

Most major insurance companies are signed upto this.

Like i said, have a word with your insurers and ask if theres anyway you can be added.

Im with direct line called them up they have all the details and am insured, checked back on the site again still not listed :wacko:

Police can come and try and take my car off me, :boxing: but i wouldnt recommend it :lol:

I'm gob smacked that this site exists! I use the MIDIS official site to trace third party insurers after accidents and I have to jump through hoops just to get registered with them to use it. On the other hand, on this one they seem to be relying on the user to tick a box to say its their car..... :wacko:

MID (motor insurance database) I still have a motortraders policy and have to update my own vehicles on it

I had a big debacle with my broker over this, on the grounds that it was totally unworkable and by the time I submit any list of vehicles its already out of date.

He said that it isn't actually being positively enforced so there was no need to bother. I haven't supplied a list of vehicles for over 3 years now.

I have never been stopped by the Police but my girlfriend has been stopped a couple of times and they said the car shows up as being "in the trade" so there must be some other system running alongside the MID.

I've entered a few of my cars into that website and they all show up as not insured.