370z light at high speed

ziglo

Just a question regarding 370z at high speed accelerating from say 60 upto 100 the car seems light at twitchy, it has 4 newish tyres which look to be wearing evenly, so my thoughts are is it possible the car is becoming light due to it not having any form of rear spoiler, I know my BMW, Subaru and Audi TT had some kind of spoiler and in fact I think with the original TT they had to install a spoiler as it was an issue at high speeds.

Anyone have an opinion ? also I know the boxster spoiler pops up around 70mph and that seems to be where my roadster starts feeling a little light and twitchy ?

Regards Jamie (ziglo)

It has nexus n8000 tyres only covered 2k miles.

Yea I could check tyre pressures although would've thought that would effect the vehicle at other speeds aswell if pressure was incorrect ?

Could be the ditch finders :lol: never been a fan of budget tyres to be honest. But to be fair, it is dry at the moment so they shouldn't be that bad. Driving with your roof up or down?

Roof was down can't remember if it was down last week though when it done same thing, yea wouldn't be my choice of tyres but the car won't driven in the rain so will upgrade them once they have a bit more wear.

Nope never checked alignment buddy may look into that also :)

Alignment should be checked at least once a year, if not 6 monthly if your local roads are crap.

Those tyres are garbage, please don't put such horrible things on such a decent car :( No way in hell you can guarantee the car won't be driven in the rain, and besides which they're just as crap in the dry :lol:

• Like 1

Have to say I'm a bit surprised. Having followed a certain roadster 370 owner on here around Wales on numerous occassions, I'm pretty sure he wasn't feeling twitchy at anything over 60 :) As others have said get a 4 wheel alignment done first but seriously consider some alternative tyres too.

• Like 1

Alignment should be checked at least once a year, if not 6 monthly if your local roads are crap. big +1 :thumbs:

Those tyres are garbage, please don't put such horrible things on such a decent car :( No way in hell you can guarantee the car won't be driven in the rain, and besides which they're just as crap in the dry :lol:The tyre God is not at all happy - me - first I have heard of those tyres (that I have no experience of) being used on a 370 which kinda says it all :thumbdown:

• Like 1

Lol thanks for the lecture Ekona, although I never put the tyres on it, it was in fact a main dealer that did so pre-sale.

Ok I'm aware of wheel alignment and that I do not have top of the range tyres although as for my original post regarding spoilers I'm guessing no one here thinks it makes any difference ?

No, it won't. Spoilers on road cars in general are for looks only, they may reduce lift ever so slightly but not to any degree that any normal person at normal speeds (myself included) would ever notice.

Thanks Glrnet yea second review is interesting, will get wheel alignment sorted and if still doesn't feel right the n8000s will have to go no idea why a main dealer would scrimp like that, cheers J

Thanks Glrnet yea second review is interesting, will get wheel alignment sorted and if still doesn't feel right the n8000s will have to go no idea why a main dealer would scrimp like that, cheers J

er....profit might have something to di with it :lol:

That's sound Ekona, I know years ago from when I had my gen 1 Audi TT it was nicknamed the widow maker until they done upgrades including a small rear spoiler to help prevent lift.

It looks like it may well be alignment and tyres as you guys who also have the 370z have no such issue.

Thanks for the advice :)

er....profit might have something to di with it :lol:

tyre pressures - both front 28psi

both rear 30psi

should I alter the current pressures ? will book in this week for a re-alignment see if that makes a difference.... it would be ashame to change the tyres out as they perform well traction wise when cornering.

If I do change them I may get those Michelin performance ones nissanman.

it would be ashame to change the tyres out as they perform well traction wise when cornering.

Oh man, are you going to really love the car when you put some decent tyres on, you'll be astounded just as to the amount of grip and feel this car can give you :D

• Like 1

Bridgestone re050a are great, relatively hard wearing too.

Well aligned and balanced and should be no probs at speed.

just make sure you don't get the REO40's, they are pants (especially in the wet)

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Bridgestone re050a are great, relatively hard wearing too.

Well aligned and balanced and should be no probs at speed.

just make sure you don't get the REO40's, they are pants (especially in the wet)

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

and especially if you Nangkangs on the front............. :stir::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a side note... My Celica GT4 becomes twitchy over 90 without its rear spoiler (super noticeable!) And having finally put an undertray on my 370 (which never had one) it's made a pretty noticeable difference 80+ - front end is much more solid feeling.

Aero on road cars is not all looks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1