350z based on TT

Kennydies

Just having a discussion with a friend on why she would sell her 350z for an Audi TT and she mentioned that the 350 was based on the TT. Is this true?

says alot about women :teeth:

Probably based her opinion on seeing a black Zed followed by a black TT :lol::lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having a discussion with a friend on why she would sell her 350z for an Audi TT and she mentioned that the 350 was based on the TT. Is this true?

says alot about women :teeth:

Probably based her opinion on seeing a black Zed followed by a black TT :lol::lol:

:lol::thumbs:

cos they both had silver wheels

Current TT is based on the current Golf / A3 chassis which is no bad thing, as the Golf GTI is a great to drive.

I am not a fan of TT's but drove the FWD 2.0T when looking for a new car for my other half and thought it was great fun, much better than the previous model.

I recently had a 3.2 TTC on extended testdrive and really hated it. It wasn't quick and the steering is very light with little or no feedback.

I owned an Audi S3 (last model) which was terminally dull to drive.

I can honestly say i am not a fan at all, i think they are common, boring, common, boring and dare i say it, girly. lol.

It's a no brainers car whereas the 350z is more of a challenge to drive and get used to. Thats what i want in a car, not something that clearly is easy. Bit like my women, i like a chase and something i have to work for ;)

like it or dislike it - without it a lot of cars may not exist (inc 350z)

its design was ground breaking when it was released (although a rip off of the 911/beetle design)

which made other manufacturers realise the they need to up their game, hence better more risky designs became available

like it or dislike it - without it a lot of cars may not exist (inc 350z)

its design was ground breaking when it was released (although a rip off of the 911/beetle design)

which made other manufacturers realise the they need to up their game, hence better more risky designs became available

But i dont like the Ford Model A, that was ground breaking too and without in, practically no car would exist today.

I know the shape was quite revolutionary, but then again, it wasnt really as you say, it already existed as the 911 and the TT was a direct competitor for the 350z and did a lot better to be honest, but it still doesnt mean i like it. I appreciate what it is, but its just horrid and boring.

I've gotta be honest, when they first came out, I loved the look of them (TT), I still like the look of them, I think there isn't much on the roads that compare. Apart from other TT's, lots and lots and lots of 'em. I couldn't own one now for the simple reason that they're the most common sports coupe around. Add to that that they seem to be the car of choice for hairdressers, estate agents, and the ilk, then I think it end up tarring me with the same brush. I think if Audi had restricted the sales a little bit, it'd make it a strong contender for me, but as they're almost as common as BMW's, forget it! I'm loving the looks of the new R8, though.

And I really hate those new so-called "minis", they're not mini's and they never will be, they're for late middle aged women who think they're still in touch with the younger generation by deluding themselves that the new mini is funky and hip. It should never have been made. All hail the (real) mini. :rant:

I know the shape was quite revolutionary, but then again, it wasnt really as you say, it already existed as the 911

You cannot claim a TT looks like a 911 eh ... If you go that route, a 350Z looks much more like a 911 ...

and the TT was a direct competitor for the 350z and did a lot better to be honest,

When the first TTs came out there wasnt a 350z to compete with

it s always funny to see ppl striving for an "exclusive" car whilst shopping in a "common car's" price bracket :lol:

Why would any car company deliberately limit sales numbers of cars. Their primary objective is to sell as many cars as they can.

Nissan limit the number of Z's aloud to be sold in Ireland. I believe the revised 07 model was limited to 5.

it s always funny to see ppl striving for an "exclusive" car whilst shopping in a "common car's" price bracket :lol:

Why would any car company deliberately limit sales numbers of cars. Their primary objective is to sell as many cars as they can.

Nissan limit the number of Z's aloud to be sold in Ireland. I believe the revised 07 model was limited to 5.

why was that?

Asking price new is €65k. Very exclusive car now. Quite a few imports for sale but nobody is buying them. Import asking price is approxomately the same as a second hand Irish car. Also means there's more Porsche's on the road than Z's. They are happy selling as many Micra's as possible.

Asking price new is €65k. Very exclusive car now. Quite a few imports for sale but nobody is buying them. Import asking price is approxomately the same as a second hand Irish car. Also means there's more Porsche's on the road than Z's. They are happy selling as many Micra's as possible.

just a thought, if I was to sell my car, would I be better off selling it in Ireland then, at much cheaper price say 30k, cant tax second hand car :teeth:

I seem to remember, either reading on here, a tv report, or an internet review, that Nissan UK were limiting the sales of 350's to 250 units per year. This has a knock on effect keeping demand and subsequently prices up. It also minimises depreciation. Of course, there will be those of us, myslef included, that buy imported cars, but I don't think it is to the detriment of the UK spec market, any impact is minimal at worst. It could be argued that this has a negative impact on Nissan's own profit margin, but if it's true, then I can understand the reasons.

Maybe if Audi had a similar sales plan, it would have kept the demand for the TT higher, and made them a little more exclusive than the hoards of the buzzing around now.

Naturally this could also be a complete load of tosh :)

I seem to remember, either reading on here, a tv report, or an internet review, that Nissan UK were limiting the sales of 350's to 250 units per year. This has a knock on effect keeping demand and subsequently prices up. It also minimises depreciation. Of course, there will be those of us, myslef included, that buy imported cars, but I don't think it is to the detriment of the UK spec market, any impact is minimal at worst. It could be argued that this has a negative impact on Nissan's own profit margin, but if it's true, then I can understand the reasons.

Maybe if Audi had a similar sales plan, it would have kept the demand for the TT higher, and made them a little more exclusive than the hoards of the buzzing around now.

Naturally this could also be a complete load of tosh :)

Naturally :lol:;)

just a thought, if I was to sell my car, would I be better off selling it in Ireland then, at much cheaper price say 30k, cant tax second hand car :teeth:

Sorry mate. The buyer would still have to pay VRT to the tax man. On a Z it's between 33 and 35% of the open market selling price. Which means If you tried to sell a 07 here to me I'd have to pay the tax based on the price of an Irish car. Having said that if you were having trouble selling your car it might be worth it contacting some Irish importers to see what they'll offer.

Asking price new is €65k. Very exclusive car now. Quite a few imports for sale but nobody is buying them. Import asking price is approximately the same as a second hand Irish car. Also means there's more Porsche's on the road than Z's. They are happy selling as many Micra's as possible.

Ouch, that's approximately 180k NZ$, or should that be Paseo's. :lol:

Owners like myself that purchased their 350's brand new in NZ, have really seen the depreciation, from around 70-76k new, now you can pick up a preloved import 350 for around 24-28k, admittedly they're often pretty rough, but now affordable. I don't really care about the depreciation so much as I have intention of selling, it's only if anything happens to my baby and insurance comes into it. :thumbdown:

ps. Mods/Admins we don't have any sad emoticons on this board, that aren't "bye bye", could we have one?? Pretty please with a cherry on top. ;);)

Sorry mate. The buyer would still have to pay VRT to the tax man. On a Z it's between 33 and 35% of the open market selling price. Which means If you tried to sell a 07 here to me I'd have to pay the tax based on the price of an Irish car. Having said that if you were having trouble selling your car it might be worth it contacting some Irish importers to see what they'll offer.

Hmm so if I went over to Ireland drove my car there for holiday, an 05 plate, met someone who was willing to pay cash if I sell for 22k, come back without the car, would they still get hit for tax?

This is very interesting

Hmm so if I went over to Ireland drove my car there for holiday, an 05 plate, met someone who was willing to pay cash if I sell for 22k, come back without the car, would they still get hit for tax?

This is very interesting

Yep. Would be about €15000 in tax I think.