Why don't Norfolk owners want to meet?

To all Norfolk peeps and anyone with an answer. It baffles me. Why don't people in and around Norfolk want to have local meets. None reply and not many meet.

Surely you want to meet fellow owners?

There has been a few local events recently which would be perfect but no one!

Can anyone shed some light here?

• Like 1

I've done two local events and a mini meet this year all with different people but a total of 8 Zeds and I know of at least another 5-6 in the area - some on the forum. I think we probably need to do a decent drive rather than just a look/see something with a pub lunch maybe. I am a bit busy at the moment and may a have a few things to sort but happy to support anyone who wants to organise something

Know the feeling.

On another car forum where the same was happening, we could get 5 folk only to regularly join in which would have been ok but for all the comments of others about no meets.

Now, I organise a once 6 weekly approx. weekday evening meet with dinner for the 5 regular folk. Seems a shame but happens. All you can hope is more new members in the area will join in.

Although if weather not good Il b staying in bed

But the sun always shines on the Norfolk Coast !

Sorry had to make the 1000th post haha

Edited by Mudman

Yep - a 130mile round trip if you are over in West Norfolk

That might be a reason - Norfolk is quite a big county so needs something a little more central to all as a meet location

The Yarmouth meets normally at 8pm on a Sunday not that user friendly unless BH weekend

You really want to travel Gt Yarmouth on a BH weekend, along the Acle straight at an average speed of 12mph, to the biggest cul-de-sac in the UK?

Mmmm...gonna have to cry off. I'm working around Asia and Oz until mid August, but I'm more than willing to throw a BBQ at my place upon my return. Feel pretty safe with that as 'no one in Norfolk ever turns up for meets...' :dry:

Seriously though the offer's there, I'm in Dereham so geographically speaking that's the pretty much the centre of the county, good access just off the A47 :)

Well there's some reasons why 'we' don't meet...change the venue!

We only meet here as everyone can and are willing to.

Name a time and place that's good for you. We could see how many meet. Yarmouth is 100 mile round trip for me but willng to make something work.

To all Norfolk peeps and anyone with an answer. It baffles me. Why don't people in and around Norfolk want to have local meets. None reply and not many meet.

Surely you want to meet fellow owners?

There has been a few local events recently which would be perfect but no one!

Can anyone shed some light here?

Busy growing turnips maybe? :)

Will there be a meeting point and time for the 2/3/ of us attending? :gathering:

Should be. Budgens again? Lol

Budgens Sheringham? There's a Tesco or the main car park but the only Budgens I know of are Cromer and Holt. I suggest 10:45 to meet.