does an original need decoding to fit each seperate Z?readon

shire350Z

got a problem head units ****ed but wanna keep my fone built in so what i do???

if i put an aftermarket head unit would i loose my phone bluetooth unit built in and sat nav lady speaking

if i put another head unit in the same would it need decoding or would it go straight in and work ok?

odes any1 have oen for sale

cheers all

It wouldn't link to the steering wheel controls but it would work. I think there was a case recently when someone got their bose replaced at a highly subsidised rate. Might be worth asking the dealers.

If you want to go aftermarket then you'll have to make sacrifices. I'm sure there would be pluses too!

Any new Bose head unit will have to be coded at a nissan main dealer to be compatible with the ECU unit...Those boys are going to have your pants down big style :lol:

Just put an aftermarket head unit in, It's going to be a lot better than the original whichever one you chose..

and by the way no swearing on here...or text speak, it aint a Corsa forum ;):thumbs:

Wasnt it Mike who bought a system or found one so that even after installing a new aftermarket headunit, there were leads that could be bought so that the steering wheel buttons could still come into play. That would solve your problem and also get you a much better system than the Bose crap they give us. If you want yours fix, not sure what you can do mate, if you go stealers they will charge you a fortune, best bet is to get aftermarket unit and pm mike where he found his :thumbs:

Oh and the swearing thing, not that underage people might come on here or own a Z, but the fact that ladies also come on here and I was always brought up never to swear in front of a lady. If you have to type swear do like so: F%$£ed, we will still get what you mean but it takes the force out of it and reverts the swear word into a comical image :thumbs: Here's a picture of me, Im a lady and I find your swear words very offensive:

little_britain_emily_450x350.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:;)

apoligies lads so whos this mike how i find him?? so what adapters do i need if i get a alpine headunit first for it to work second for it to work steerin wheel controls and third for phone to work

thankya

M13KYF, he is one of the big honchos here, I could of sworn he was the one one who found the adapters to connect an aftermarket hu to the steering wheel controls :thumbs:

All you need is the harness which you can get from Adam@z1auto.com, then you will need the leads I think M13KYF featured then if not got all ready the bluetooth bit for the phone from Nissan, then away you go :thumbs:

apoligies lads so whos this mike how i find him?? so what adapters do i need if i get a alpine headunit first for it to work second for it to work steerin wheel controls and third for phone to work

thankya

M13KYF, he is one of the big honchos here, I could of sworn he was the one one who found the adapters to connect an aftermarket hu to the steering wheel controls :thumbs:

All you need is the harness which you can get from Adam@z1auto.com, then you will need the leads I think M13KYF featured then if not got all ready the bluetooth bit for the phone from Nissan, then away you go :thumbs:

not me fella,